Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Tombstoner's RNG Thread - Page 1

Tombstoner's RNG Thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-08-19 16:14:30
Welcome to my new RNG thread! This thread has multiple purposes, which are to show what I've RNG'd, what I plan to RNG, to have a spot to suggest what to RNG in the future, and to possibly trade for what I have or what you suggest.
[size=5]Rules:[/size]
[size=4]Suggesting Pokémon[/size]
When suggesting a Pokémon to RNG, it will be in one of two categories:
- capture
- hatch
I am much better at RNGing captured Pokémon at the moment. Here is how each of your requests will be put into the categories:
- if it is shiny, has a specific nature, has a specific ability, has a specific gender, and/or has moderately high specific IVs (IVs are the main thing,) it will be put under capture
- if it is shiny and has a specific nature, ability, and/or gender, it will either go into capture or hatch depending on which is easier (decided case-by-case)
- if it has very high specific IVs (regardless of anything else,) it will be put under hatch
I am more likely to do capture requests much quicker, though they will be less common.
Use this template when suggesting Pokémon:
Species:
Shiny?
IVs: HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe (Put minimum values. Use either "0" or "x" ("x" is more often used to denote if one doesn't matter)
Nature:
Ability:
- take every request
- take any request for a legendary (I've battled them all in Platinum and SoulSilver)
[size=4]Trading for Pokémon[/size]
I will NOT:
- clone
- EV train
- level up
Pokémon that you trade for if you ask. You should be able to do it yourself. I will only train if it would make the trade more fair.
[size=5]Current Target:[/size]
[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cd/Spr_4p_424_m.png[/img]
IVs: 31/31/31/29/31/31
Ability: Technician
I want to use this guy for a really weird Battle Tower team I built. I like him better non-shiny, and it makes hatching him a ton easier. I'm currently at the soft-resetting stage.
[size=5]Suggestions:[/size]
None yet!
If this gets enough replies, I'll put a bit of effort into how this looks, and add a section to show what I've gotten so far.

Re: Tombstoner's RNG Thread

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-08-20 02:12:03
Are you doing this on just Gen IV games?
Anyway for a suggestion, you could get a shiny Ponyta just because it's SO AWESOME

How hard are they to do? Doesn't it require like single frame timing?

Date: 2010-08-20 09:10:41

Are you doing this on just Gen IV games?
Anyway for a suggestion, you could get a shiny Ponyta just because it's SO AWESOME

How hard are they to do? Doesn't it require like single frame timing?
Yes, just Gen IV games. The reason actually ties in with what you said later–Gen III (well, specifically Emerald) RNG abuse requires single-frame timing for finding the Pokémon or receiving the egg, while Gen IV RNG abuse only requires that sort of timing upon starting the game, meaning you can soft reset until you hit the right time.
I think I'll try and go for a shiny Ponyta. My brother who's gotten very good luck with shinies actually recently caught one, and I think it's pretty cool. I'll search for where I can find one, but I'll probably breed it. Hatching shiny non-IV'd eggs is actually quite easy–I hatched a shiny Aipom just a few minutes ago (though I shut the game off immediately after because I wanted to IV it.)
Anyway, I will try and do that request. Now that I can breed I can get pretty much any non-legendary shiny.

Date: 2010-08-20 17:24:14
I really need to learn to do this stuff D:
Thing is I need to find a shiny on Diamond to get my SID and I cbf battling for ages to find a shiny, and yet I barely play it now. (lol)

Date: 2010-08-20 18:48:14

Thing is I need to find a shiny on Diamond to get my SID and I cbf battling for ages to find a shiny, and yet I barely play it now. (lol)
I said "Screw it" (not literally) and used AR. It leaves no traces on the game, and doesn't allow privileges that are otherwise unattainable. If you have an AR, don't hesitate to use it for that.

Date: 2010-08-21 02:28:43
No I don't, and I even regret borrowing one to cheat rare candys on my Diamond to level up my manaphy after I EV trained it legit, and now I consider my manaphy hacked D: I just prefer to do everything legit. Afterwards I used them to level up my friends team and tossed the rest lol.

Date: 2010-08-21 08:37:04

No I don't, and I even regret borrowing one to cheat rare candys on my Diamond to level up my manaphy after I EV trained it legit, and now I consider my manaphy hacked D: I just prefer to do everything legit. Afterwards I used them to level up my friends team and tossed the rest lol.
I feel quite the same. I originally got an AR after my first Pearl (and DS) were lost after moving houses. Now, the main reason I don't use my new Pearl is that AR was used on it, however much justification I had.
Leaving no traces is a different story, though, at least for me.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-08-21 14:04:49

RNG Reporter allows you to use 4 to 8 chained shinies to find your SID. I recommend using a guide.

Date: 2010-08-21 16:56:37

RNG Reporter allows you to use 4 to 8 chained shinies to find your SID. I recommend using a guide.

There was an algorithm on smogon somewhere on finding your SID from one shiny (providing it's not chained).

@Tombstoner Ah, I see.

Date: 2010-08-22 13:50:12

There was an algorithm on smogon somewhere on finding your SID from one shiny (providing it's not chained).

@Tombstoner Ah, I see.
It needs to be a captured shiny, not chained or hatched, as the shininess for those is generated differently (as one RNGing for the different methods will soon see.)
The Red Gyarados counts as a chained shiny, so if you manage to find its IVs, you can keep catching it. I recommend cloning Rare Candies on Emerald and migrating at least 20 if you try this.

Date: 2010-08-22 22:56:07
That ^ is a really good idea. Unfortunately however I've already caught it and saved, and I don't really want to start again :)

Date: 2010-08-23 11:27:05
Shiny Adamant Ability 0 (Technician as Ambipom) 31/31/31/31/31/31 Aipom hatched at 2/2/2002 yesterday! She is epic, and now a Lv.39 and counting Ambipom with 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe!

Date: 2010-08-23 20:24:25
O__O perfect IV's!

Date: 2010-08-23 20:25:52
I also bred an Adamant Technician 31/31/31/31/31/31 Scyther today too! It's now EV trained and at Lv.36.

Date: 2010-08-24 02:09:03
O__O I thought perfect IV's was hard even with RNG because it has such a low chance?!