Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Tombstoner's RNG Thread - Page 2

Re: Tombstoner's RNG Thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-08-24 09:25:59

O__O I thought perfect IV's was hard even with RNG because it has such a low chance?!
Breeding makes things surprisingly easier, as significantly less RNG advances need to be made and the creation is done in two parts–shininess/nature/ability/gender and then IVs, allowing for a much easier time finding a good spread. Capture does it all at once, but because of that you sometimes need to make 1000+ RNG advances after hitting the correct seed (500+ Youngster Joey calls pretty much, with some Elm calls thrown in to verify the seed and advance by 1 when needed.)
So, basically what I'm saying is: breeding doesn't mean you generate a shiny, correct-natured Pokémon with perfect IVs. It means you generate a shiny correct-natured Pokémon and a Pokémon with perfect IVs (the former is generated when the Egg appears, and the latter when the Egg is received.)

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-08-25 00:25:50
Ah, I can see that making it a LOT easier. I was looking at the chances and I was like…. 1 in 32x2x8192x2x1,073,741,824 = 1 in 1,125,899,906,842,624? I think even with RNG that would never happen.

That breeding method makes it a lot easier!

Date: 2010-08-25 07:02:40

Ah, I can see that making it a LOT easier. I was looking at the chances and I was like…. 1 in 32x2x8192x2x1,073,741,824 = 1 in 1,125,899,906,842,624? I think even with RNG that would never happen.

That breeding method makes it a lot easier!
Even the chances aren't as low as you'd think.
Part of the difficulty of getting shinies or IVs normally is that the date, time, and time spent from startup to hitting Continue play a part in the generation of them. While playing blindly (without RNG,) you have no idea whether your date, time, and delay will get you something good, while with RNG, you have access to every date from 1/1/2000 to 12/31/2099 and any delay above your minimum (though I got all of my Eggs just with calibrated delays, my most common ones without trying to go slow.)

Date: 2010-08-31 15:20:33
*shudder* Currently going for:
[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8b/Spr_4h_145_s.png[/img]
Zapdos (*)
Rebattle Code Used
Date: 7/22/2007 (seems like a bird who'd like the summer (with Heat Wave and HP Grass, as well as just seeming to anyway) and has two 7's (because I wanted to repeat something, so I figured the year would work) and two 2's (ZapDOS))
31/11/20/28/27/27
Hidden Power Type: Grass, Power: 57
Frame 211
Ugh…this is probably really easy for many people, but I absolutely hate RNGing legendaries. It's for yet another new team (this time not of my favorites, though I like Zapdos,) so Hidden Power narrowed down the seeds a bit, leaving me with a high frame (compared to what I've gone for) to reach. Currently soft-resetting. I hit my seed a couple of hours ago and advanced the frame with some Elm calls, but then found that it was a Monday (DAMN!) and that Youngster Joey wanted to battle me. So, now I'm back to soft-resetting. I'm hitting about every calibrated delay BUT the one I'm going for this time around. I might change the year, even if it sacrifices the two 7's.

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-08-31 17:07:28
Hey, after you finish RNG'ing Zappy, can you RNG this?

Species: Lickitung
Shiny? Yes
IVs: HP/x  Atk/25  Def/x  SpA/x  SpD/x  Spe/21
Nature: Mild
Ability: Technician

And that's it!

Date: 2010-08-31 17:48:19

Hey, after you finish RNG'ing Zappy, can you RNG this?

Species: Lickitung
Shiny? Yes
IVs: HP/x  Atk/25  Def/x  SpA/x  SpD/x  Spe/21
Nature: Mild
Ability: Technician

And that's it!
I finished RNGing Zapdos, and my goodness, am I relieved. I want to take a break from RNGing though, at least for the rest of today. I'll probably do your request after RNGing the rest of a team I'm building (see my sig,) but school starts for me tomorrow, so it might be a while.
By the way, how can Lickitung get Technician?

Date: 2010-08-31 18:05:27
I dunno, I just said because most of your RNG'd pokemon have Technician.

Date: 2010-08-31 19:47:04

I dunno, I just said because most of your RNG'd pokemon have Technician.
Ah, yes, both Ambipom and Scizor have Technician as their preferred abilities. However, Lickitung's abilities are Oblivious (no infatuation) and Own Tempo (no confusion.) Which one of those do you want?

Date: 2010-09-01 05:29:34
I say Own Tempo.

Date: 2010-09-01 05:37:40

I say Own Tempo.
OK then.

Date: 2010-09-01 05:40:12