Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

I'm giving up pokemon - Page 2

Re: I'm giving up pokemon

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-05-14 11:07:52
I've been a fan of the games since late 1999, so I am not stopping anytime soon. If you're bored with the series well then you don't have to like it anymore. :P I am eagerly looking forward to X and Y, it's cool to see what new features they keep adding to the game to make it more fresh and new. (Also Sonic the Hedgehog for the most part has stuck with the same gameplay elements throughout the years, minus the storybook games that is. [The wii exclusive games that is… never did play them but I don't own a wii anyways…])

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-07-03 22:59:18

The most recent Pokemon game I have is Silver.

The new ones just don't do it for me…having however many hundred Pokemon out there seems more like a clusterfuck than anything else.

Pokemon as a series can be given credit for sticking to the same basic game formula for so many years (unlike what happened with, say, Sonic the Hedgehog). I'm just not a fan of its modern incarnation.

Have you tried HeartGold/SoulSilver? If you loved Silver, then I feel like you would enjoy or at least appreciate the remakes. They're wonderful.

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-07-03 23:28:02

The most recent Pokemon game I have is Silver.

The new ones just don't do it for me…having however many hundred Pokemon out there seems more like a clusterfuck than anything else.

Pokemon as a series can be given credit for sticking to the same basic game formula for so many years (unlike what happened with, say, Sonic the Hedgehog). I'm just not a fan of its modern incarnation.

Have you tried HeartGold/SoulSilver? If you loved Silver, then I feel like you would enjoy or at least appreciate the remakes. They're wonderful.

I can't answer for him, but, personally, I loved GSC but HGGS just didn't do it for me. If I play GSC I get nostalgia, but the new ones are different enough to not give me that feel but similar enough to make me feel like I'm just doing the same thing over for the fourth time. Same for FRLG versus RBY. And I think that, instead of adding more and more pokemon (they've already got one for most animals and every available terrain), they should focus on larger world, more customization, more play time, and, most of all, better multiplayer. I feel like, by this point, you should be able to invite people to wander through your world with you, participate in double battles together.

Posted by: holdjack421
Date: 2013-11-29 12:25:07
Dont give up pokemon! it is the greatest!