Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Breaking the GTS - Page 1

Breaking the GTS

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-11-29 00:50:17
With the Global Trade Station in Pokemon X and Y, there are a number of Pokemon that have become more valuable, in terms of economy, with the addition of Mega-Evolutions. Specifically, Haunter. Haunter has become much more valuable as a trade asset, as it evolves into Gengar, which has a Mega-Evolution. It's even valued equally with some legendaries, specifically Zygarde.

As Zygarde is a somewhat weak legendary, housing only mediocre base stats, it's traded quite commonly, but only for valuable Pokemon, like Haunter. However, Zygarde is still a legendary and still is able to fetch a hefty price on the GTS.

Here's the formula on how to break the GTS and effectively get any Pokemon you want:
HAUNTER -> ZYGARDE -> ANYTHING

Why it works? Zygarde is a legendary. Even though it's a bad legendary, it's still a legendary, and many inexperienced players who aren't as familiar with the competitive battling community will be willing to trade most anything for a Zygarde. Meanwhile, competitive players will trade their Zygarde for the more competitive Haunter, as it evolves into Gengar, and Gengar has a Mega Evolution. Haunter can easily be found at Victory Road.

Zygarde, to younger players, is valued higher than what it is actually worth, netting you heavy rewards in return.

Using this method, I've gotten the following:
Xerneas
Zoroark
Hydreigon
Aurorus
Chesnaught

It's worth your time. Give it a try if you feel up to getting some easy rare Pokemon.

Re: Breaking the GTS

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-11-29 15:39:42
Brb farming Everstones.

I'd try this but I don't have wireless. And even though I apparently can do this with dialup (Thanks, Photon!), it's fucking cold out and there's snow and I don't feel like buying a router right now.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2013-11-29 16:27:40
Kinda sucks that Instacheck won't work since GTS is encrypted.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-11-29 22:10:55

That's the thing that checks if a Pokemon is legitimate or not, right?

Date: 2013-11-29 23:42:17

That's the thing that checks if a Pokemon is legitimate or not, right?

Nope, this is Instacheck.

However, the same exploit was used to do this aberration. So Gamefreak encrypts it, the "bad" tool dies, but the "good" goes with it. Damn.

Date: 2013-12-28 23:48:52
Double posting but now that Bank was taken down and several pokés unavailable pokés slipped through, they're worth gold. I can easily get anything just giving lv 1 bred starters, including Volcarona, Electivire and several other pokés that are not easily obtainable, and would require 48BPs to be evolved a second time, or Stones that can't be bought. Basically, I can get anything non-bank non-legendary I want by just farming bank starters. And it also got me in the mood to start a Living Dex, which I might post my progress on the other thread eventually.

Here's my public GTS log.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-12-29 02:48:20

Double posting but now that Bank was taken down and several pokés unavailable pokés slipped through, they're worth gold. I can easily get anything just giving lv 1 bred starters, including Volcarona, Electivire and several other pokés that are not easily obtainable, and would require 48BPs to be evolved a second time, or Stones that can't be bought. Basically, I can get anything non-bank non-legendary I want by just farming bank starters. And it also got me in the mood to start a Living Dex, which I might post my progress on the other thread eventually.

Here's my public GTS log.

Image static. I don't even know what's going on

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-12-29 11:02:26
Speaking of PGL, is anyone else having an issue with Game Sync? I can't log into PGL because it says my account is still being processed. Wtf?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-12-29 11:37:36

Speaking of PGL, is anyone else having an issue with Game Sync? I can't log into PGL because it says my account is still being processed. Wtf?

I dunno about processing accounts, but a few hours ago I was having an issue where I tried to login and it just kept returning me to the front page (no message about wrong password or anything) and it let me in after I tried it a fourth time. Also, the site in general is a piece of shit.

Date: 2014-01-03 10:49:46

I dunno about processing accounts, but a few hours ago I was having an issue where I tried to login and it just kept returning me to the front page (no message about wrong password or anything) and it let me in after I tried it a fourth time. Also, the site in general is a piece of s**t.

Yeah that happened to me to. I emailed them but of course I got some bullshit automated email back that didn't help at all. I'm gonna try again today but I doubt it'll work.

Date: 2014-01-03 15:46:01
I put up Haunter and asked for an Ampharos and I got my trade the next day. So I guess it does work, also I've
heard of people putting "6 IV" in their message on GTS and getting what they want. It's sort of a scam but eh, it's only pokemon.

Date: 2014-01-03 16:05:30

"6 IV" in their message on GTS

dittos

Also, Bank starters and bred Bank stuff in general aren't that worth anymore on GTS. Of course we have Vivillon as a backup way to get what we want easily. Unless you have a shitcommon Vivillon pattern like Elegant or Modern, these are worth nothing.

Date: 2014-01-03 16:18:15

"6 IV" in their message on GTS

dittos

Also, Bank starters and bred Bank stuff in general aren't that worth anymore on GTS. Of course we have Vivillon as a backup way to get what we want easily. Unless you have a shitcommon Vivillon pattern like Elegant or Modern, these are worth nothing.

Yeah I gave up GTS-ing my starters, I'm just WT-ing them now. :|

Date: 2014-01-03 16:29:35
What's your native Vivillon? Mine's Savannah, I can get pretty much everything I got with starters using them.

Date: 2014-01-04 13:34:39

What's your native Vivillon? Mine's Savannah, I can get pretty much everything I got with starters using them.

I know Vivillion has a lot of patterns but what's special about it? Really I've seen a lot of people
talk about it but I don't get why they like it so much