Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Breaking the GTS - Page 2

Re: Breaking the GTS

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-01-04 13:55:56

What's your native Vivillon? Mine's Savannah, I can get pretty much everything I got with starters using them.

I know Vivillion has a lot of patterns but what's special about it? Really I've seen a lot of people
talk about it but I don't get why they like it so much

Collecting all formes, that's it. It has 18 pattern that are spread across the countries of the world (and in case of Brazil, USA and some other countries, States, although only two states from Brazil get a different pattern other than Savannah).

Here's my own full collection. But even if you don't find them special, you can still take advantage of others who do by putting them on the GTS, you can even get legendaries sometimes (though they're way less guaranteed and I have to put some attractive like a Lucky Egg in them). It's also worth noting that the patterns (excluding the Modern/Elegant) are more worth at midnight when there's a lot of japs playing who only have the Elegant pattern, which is by far the most useless one for being as common as grainsand on a desert. But pokés like Scizor and such you can likely get any time of the day, unless you have the patterns mentioned above (Polar also kinda lost its worth but they probably still work).

It's also worth mentioning that Sandstorm and Ocean are the most worthy ones. Sandstorm is from Saudi Arabia/Arab Emirates and Ocean is from Hawaii/Caribbean. The ones I got weren't even from natives. Ocean was from some girl who was holding a giveaway since she has two copies and can restart her game on the other under a different country. Ocean was from some other girl on Reddit that was actually American.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2014-01-05 03:13:11

What's your native Vivillon? Mine's Savannah, I can get pretty much everything I got with starters using them.

I know Vivillion has a lot of patterns but what's special about it? Really I've seen a lot of people
talk about it but I don't get why they like it so much

Collecting all formes, that's it. It has 18 pattern that are spread across the countries of the world (and in case of Brazil, USA and some other countries, States, although only two states from Brazil get a different pattern other than Savannah).

Here's my own full collection. But even if you don't find them special, you can still take advantage of others who do by putting them on the GTS, you can even get legendaries sometimes (though they're way less guaranteed and I have to put some attractive like a Lucky Egg in them). It's also worth noting that the patterns (excluding the Modern/Elegant) are more worth at midnight when there's a lot of japs playing who only have the Elegant pattern, which is by far the most useless one for being as common as grainsand on a desert. But pokés like Scizor and such you can likely get any time of the day, unless you have the patterns mentioned above (Polar also kinda lost its worth but they probably still work).

It's also worth mentioning that Sandstorm and Ocean are the most worthy ones. Sandstorm is from Saudi Arabia/Arab Emirates and Ocean is from Hawaii/Caribbean. The ones I got weren't even from natives. Ocean was from some girl who was holding a giveaway since she has two copies and can restart her game on the other under a different country. Ocean was from some other girl on Reddit that was actually American.

That's fucking insane. Give me your Vivillions!

Date: 2014-01-06 15:42:11
Sad news, seems like my Hue Savannah Vivillon has lost its worth for the couple last days. Maybe it's the amount of people abusing them for legendaries (which includes me to some extent). However, the bank starters seem to have regained their worth. It's certain that it'll be the other way as soon as Bank is online, but I'll post here if it changes like this again, and likely give out some of my Vivillons. But for now, the bank starters are the high coin again.

Beware that Sandstorm Vivillon is ALWAYS highly worth due to their lack on the Vivillon market. If anyone's gonna start a new game, I'd recommend to switch your 3ds country to Saudi Arabia and switch back once you saved, that'll have your correct country AND worthy Vivillons.

Date: 2014-01-06 17:31:59
Currency update: Piplup and Oshawott are worth as fuck now. Maybe Treecko and Turtwig too. The others, not as much. May the farming restart!

Edit: Turtwig is working better now.

Date: 2014-01-07 01:21:38

Currency update: Piplup and Oshawott are worth as fuck now. Maybe Treecko and Turtwig too. The others, not as much. May the farming restart!

Yes me I have a ton of all the starters

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-01-07 13:12:30

Currency update: Piplup and Oshawott are worth as f**k now. Maybe Treecko and Turtwig too. The others, not as much. May the farming restart!

Yeah I have all the starters now too, I've given up trying to trade them on GTS. I'm just Wonder Trading them now.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2014-01-07 15:39:59
I'll probably just build up my trading empire via buying Pokemon for Team Fortress 2 items.  Would need a *steamrep trusted* middleman to do so but it'd definitely work.  (You guys can't middleman, don't offer please)

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2014-01-27 07:04:18

Currency update: Piplup and Oshawott are worth as f**k now. Maybe Treecko and Turtwig too. The others, not as much. May the farming restart!

Yeah I have all the starters now too, I've given up trying to trade them on GTS. I'm just Wonder Trading them now.

Me too…since Bank is out in japan they dont go away anymore…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-02-09 02:53:09
Bank is back. Economy is booming, and starters have been hot commodities lately, especially Snivy. I've been able to get a Raikou for a Snivy.

Date: 2014-02-19 05:29:16
Dunno how valuable the bank stuff are now, but I don't expect much. Currently, Scatterbug is the thing for me. My public GTS trades that might get out of date in a while. Highlights:

Legendaries:
[img]http://puu.sh/723Zt.png[/img]

Porygon-Z, the second most valuable non-legendary pokémon on the GTS, due to being from Bank and needing two trade items to evolve:
[img]http://puu.sh/7241k.png[/img]

And this dumbass:
[img]http://puu.sh/723uE.png[/img]

And a bunch of other annoying trade-evolving, high-evel-evolving, including from Bank.

Why not Vivillons? Apparently after Bank, GTS can't handle Vivillon's traffic, and most of the world can't see them when you deposit, and if do, it's one day later or so. Although Scatterbugs can be used for pattern scamming, my country (Brazil) showing there gives credit. So it can't really be helped for people on mainstream countries. :(

Date: 2014-02-20 03:43:02
I can pokegen ANY pokemon from gen 1-5 that are pokebank legal let me know if you guys
want anything. I don't give a single fuck.

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2014-02-20 05:20:41
Yaaayy I cant trade the Starters for Scatterbugs anymore…no one wants them..fuuu <-<