Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird Missingno rumors - Page 1

Weird Missingno rumors

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-03-12 01:47:17
http://www.greenbaum.org/community/node/101

Rumor 1. When you catch MissingNo, the game starts over and the screen shows Pikachu shooting and eating Ash.

…eh?

Re: Weird Missingno rumors

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-03-12 17:27:26
there are more ways to make a Gameboy explode than just sticking a bomb in it

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-03-12 19:09:42
:o What the hell?

Fools.

They've obviously never actually CAUGHT it.

Date: 2007-03-12 19:19:22
Well, here's one my cousin told me:

"If you catch Missingno, Cinnabar will be messed up. The Lab will be a bunch of wierd tiles and the pictures say '………………………………………………..Rocket…………………………enemy'. The doors can't be gone through. When you go to the pokemon center and heal, nurse joy says '….Here you go ha ha' and your pokemons' names get glitched up. If you go into blain's gym you get attacked by more glitches.

And, stupid me, I believed him. >_>

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-03-12 20:14:49

:o What the hell?

Fools.

They've obviously never actually CAUGHT it.

The page presents it as a rumor, not a fact.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-13 14:20:45
Oh, you were supposed to put the item in the 6th Position to multiple it. I thought you had to use them on it. That is why I caught it with a Masterball and used my only rare candy on it.

We laughed about that. Although it isn't a rumour.

You have caught a MissingNo.?! That will destroy your game and the batteries will fall apart in your Gameboy. You wont be able to play it again.

Stupid…..

….Of course catching a MissingNo. isn't real. It is toxins in the air making you think it is real. It is actually a Tentacool, you should get your eyes checked.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-03-13 16:48:18
I heard that when you catch MissingNo., your Hall Of Fame gets replaced with a PC box full of Mews

Funnily enough, he caught MissingNo. for the first time about an hour after he told me that, & wondered why that didn't happen.

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-03-13 21:30:07
You cannot catch Missingno. because it will destroy your gameboy

:-X :-X [img]http://empireatwar.filefront.com/skins/smilies/puke.gif[/img]

Date: 2007-03-14 21:17:12
lol, I was guessing, because it wouldn't show up in my browser… >_>

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-03-15 11:01:22
When you catch MissingNo, the game starts over and the screen shows Pikachu shooting and eating Ash.

He forgot the part how Pikachu lights a cigar with his thundershock, then takes a wii on Ash's remains, then goes off with misty to prove that water really is weak against electricity.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2007-03-23 19:35:03
W0W. they are so stupid. I cant believe that anyone thought these rumors to be true ::)….

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-03-25 21:13:54
they are the kind of people who believe hoaxes and rumors.

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-04-15 13:25:45
Funnily enough, I know the person who wrote that. And as Abwayax said, they were presenting it as RUMOR, not fact.

Also, I was told the same thing (before catching it). Later, I caught it, and was slightly freaked out by my sprite appearing glitchy.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-05-13 02:01:46

Oh, you were supposed to put the item in the 6th Position to multiple it. I thought you had to use them on it. That is why I caught it with a Masterball and used my only rare candy on it.

You have caught a MissingNo.?! That will destroy your game and the batteries will fall apart in your Gameboy. You wont be able to play it again.

Stupid…..

….Of course catching a MissingNo. isn't real. It is toxins in the air making you think it is real. It is actually a Tentacool, you should get your eyes checked.

WTF it is actually a Tentacool?!
haha from the rumor i heard,missingno. won't make the batteres fall out of your gameboy.LOL.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-05-13 23:38:47

Stupid…..

WTF it is actually a Tentacool?!
haha from the rumor i heard,missingno. won't make the batteres fall out of your gameboy.LOL.

Even if it was a Tentacruel,the Tentacruel would have to exist in real life,or else there would be no toxins in the air making it seem real……………ok