Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Missingno? - Page 2

Re: Missingno?

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-12-22 04:35:23

The same reason they believe in Pokegods, they think a big secret and coverup is planned and they are just about to discover the ultimate beings that have been hidden inside the game.

And also because Ho-oh was the original design for Moltres.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-22 06:01:57

The same reason they believe in Pokegods, they think a big secret and coverup is planned and they are just about to discover the ultimate beings that have been hidden inside the game.

Is that why it appeared in the first episode of the anime?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-12-22 15:38:29
I always wondered why Ho-oh showed up in the first episode. I remember way back when I thought MissingNo was the remnant of Ho-oh.

Now that I think of it, in the second episode, with that tablet with the four legendary Pokemon, wasn't one of them Arcanine?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-22 15:46:49
They were already developing Pokemon 2 (Gold/Silver) when the cartoon debuted. That's why Togepi appears in the cartoon before making an official video game appearance.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-12-23 05:32:42

Is that why it appeared in the first episode of the anime?

Yes, it was SUPPOSED to have been Moltres.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-25 17:02:57

Why would people think they would have put G/S/C Pokemon into R/B/Y anyway when they didn't even exist yet?

I don't think it was a lugia, and I was probably thinking about the fact that missingno has two water guns and a sky attack, thus accidentally thinking that it was a water/bird type.