Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Interesting maybe probably not n00bish question - Page 1

Interesting maybe probably not n00bish question

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-20 11:49:52
…but it's been on my mind for a while. So, anyway, the Old Man glitch is also called the MissingNo. glitch because people found MissingNo.s (at level 80) with it. OK, so how come I nevr find MissingNo.s?! I have never gotten a MissingNo. at Lv80 from the Old Man glitch, is there a special twist that makes you find it?

So yeah, how do you find MissingNo. wih the Old Man glitch?

Re: Really n00bish question

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-20 11:53:01
It's just rarer for some people than others, I've seen about 5 lvl. 80 missingNO.'s

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-20 12:01:25
Well, Guy, I've seen MissingNo., and 'M, many times over the years. Are you doing it right? And it only works on R/B. Go to Viridian City, talk to the Old Man, when he asks you, are you in a hurry, say no, and he'll show you how to catch a Pokemon. Once that's happened, fly to Cinnabar Island, have a Pokemon, that knows Surf, then surf up and down, the sides. When the screen goes black for 3 seconds, either 'M, or MissingNo. will appear at lvl 80, or 152. He has appeared at lvl 152, with me before.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:02:16

Well, Guy, I've seen MissingNo., and 'M, many times over the years. Are you doing it right? And it only works on R/B. Go to Viridian City, talk to the Old Man, when he asks you, are you in a hurry, say no, and he'll show you how to catch a Pokemon. Once that's happened, fly to Cinnabar Island, have a Pokemon, that knows Surf, then surf up and down, the sides. When the screen goes black for 3 seconds, either 'M, or MissingNo. will appear at lvl 80, or 152. He has appeared at lvl 152, with me before.
Lv152 because of your name. And yeah I did do it that way :???:.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:03:42

Lucky, I've never found M,.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:05:31

Lucky, I've never found M,.
WHATZORZ?! :o Well I guess it seems to be reverse for some of us then. Weird…

Date: 2008-01-20 12:06:01
Really? I've seen him, before lvl 0. If you catch him, he's still there but a lvl 1 Ditto. He has the same attacks, as MissingNo. ANd I'm sure 'M, can appear at lvl 80. I used to go for MissingNo. on my Red, was all I had left, before I got Yellow. When I play my VBA, later when I'm finished my website, I'll get pictures, on how it's done.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:07:17

Really? I've seen him, before lvl 0. If you catch him, he's still there but a lvl 1 Ditto. He has the same attacks, as MissingNo. ANd I'm sure 'M, can appear at lvl 80. I used to go for MissingNo. on my Red, was all I had left, before I got Yellow. When I play my VBA, later when I'm finished my website, I'll get pictures, on how it's done.
I see Lv0 'Ms very commonly. Lv80 ones too.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:08:53
What game are you using, Guy? It's nothing to do with my name. I used to use my real name, all the time, and MissingNo. will still shows up it takes time.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:10:05
My Red and my Blue. Maybe I have a different version…

Date: 2008-01-20 12:12:44
I doubt it. Mines, English, from the UK.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:15:03
I mean like revision number. You know the beta versions vs. the normal ones? Or how with cheat devices it says say: PkMn FireRed v1.1, PkMn FireRed v1.2 instead of just PkMn FireRed?

Date: 2008-01-20 12:15:31
I'm using my real name too which has 2 R's in it. I can still find plenty of missingNO.'s and I've caught them and a lvl 145 staru/starme (whichever is purpile) and a lvl 145 abra, and many missingNO.'S. I really want M,! does the 2 R's in the name make a difference?

Date: 2008-01-20 12:16:57
Maybe names can affect the rarity of the staple Lv80 MissingNo.? Interesting…

Date: 2008-01-20 12:17:02
Hmm. They can be found on VBA, and cartrigdes. Starmie, is purple.