Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Interesting maybe probably not n00bish question - Page 2

Re: Really n00bish question

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-20 12:59:29
You cannot get Lv. 80 MissingNo.s with this trick without gameshark editing your name.  Some names will never give you MissingNo.s.  As for what pokemon you can get with yoour name, go to the Name Generator 2 on the main site.  ASH, GARY, JACK, etc. that are selectable default names have parts of the other selectable name with them but are not shown so don't go "This is flawed because I got X pokemon that I shouldn't."

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-20 13:08:34
Are you sure? Because, when I use any of my names, Yami, or my real name, lvl 80 MissingNo.'s appear.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-20 15:34:55

Are you sure? Because, when I use any of my names, Yami, or my real name, lvl 80 MissingNo.'s appear.

The only way you could possibly have a MissingNo on lvl 80 is if you can force text after your name. The only thing you can get otherwise is 'M. Inless you have a full name that fills all the spaces, then you cannot get 'M at all.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-20 18:38:50

The only way you could possibly have a MissingNo on lvl 80 is if you can force text after your name.
If that's the only way, then how do so many people do it?

Date: 2008-01-20 19:02:36
It's an 'M look at the name next time. :\

Date: 2008-01-20 19:30:30
No, my name don't fill the slot. I have 4 lettered name. I do use nicknames, like my real name TR, but that's about it, or TR Yami. Or backwards, whatever. Well, you're version, Guy, I've not heard of before, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Sometimes, I get MissingNo. a lot, or 'M, a lot, depends I guess. But, the trick, is helpful, to get Pokemon from the safari, like Chansey, Kangaskhan, Scyther, etc. Yeah, don't ask. Hyper Streak, mood again. Right, I'm staying off, for a few hours, before the Mods, and Admins, deside, to try and kill me.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-01-20 23:47:11
I think it might depend on the version of the game. In my Red cartridge when I tried that, I only got 'M's and no MissingNo's. However, it was the opposite on my Blue cartridge. I used in-game names at first, then used nicknames and it stayed like that.

Date: 2008-01-21 05:13:52
Hmm. I did get 'M, quite a bit on my Blue, until MissingNo. finally appeared. Before I had him, with me, I took him to the Elite Four, and he loved into a Kangaskhan.

Date: 2008-01-21 10:28:45

Hmm. I did get 'M, quite a bit on my Blue, until MissingNo. finally appeared. Before I had him, with me, I took him to the Elite Four, and he loved into a Kangaskhan.

If he evolved into a Kangaskhan it was an 'M

Date: 2008-01-21 14:25:14
It, was MissingNo. I had caght around, 2 MissingNo.'s released one, kept the other with me.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-21 14:48:54

It's an 'M look at the name next time. :\
[img]http://glitchcity.info/images/missingno1.jpg[/img]