Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Female Symbol - Page 1

Female Symbol

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-09-07 11:13:54
Sorry, if this is in the wrong place but I've started to research on Female Symbol. Due to her endless cry, I had to find a Starter Modifier Code on Yellow, so now I've begun to see what she does. I'm unsure of her proper starter moves, but I'm getting a list of moves she learns when she levels up. So far, she learns:

Lvl 6 - Hyper Beam
Lvl 7 - TM05 - (Crashes the game if used)
Lvl 8 - Nothing
Lvl 9: TM50 (It does miss a lot, but soon hits the Enemy 2 - 3 times)
Lvl 10: Pay Day
Lvl 11: TM41 (Lowers Female Symbol's "Evade")
Lvl 12: Nothing
Lvl 13: TM15 (Has no PP, but if you use a Infinite PP Code, it'll trigger an error)
Lvl 14: Nothing
Lvl 15: TM29 (Has no PP, but if you use a Infinite PP Code, it'll trigger an error)
Lvl 16: Glitch named move
Lvl 17: Nothing
Lvl 18: Nothing
Lvl 19: TM54 (Always misses)
Lvl 20: Nothing
Lvl 21: Nothing
Lvl 22: Poke
Lvl 23: (blank) (Causes Female Symbol to lvl up to lvl 25)
Lvl 24: Thunderpunch
Lvl 25: Wrap (After the battle, it goes a bit glitch)
Lvl 26: Nothing
Lvl 27: Nothing
Lvl 28: TM54
Lvl 29: Tackle
Lvl 30: Glitched Named Move (It seems to be random. I'm on the ship, and I was able to defeat a Hiker, who triggered the Yellow MissingNo. effect, with the characters over the screen.) (It makes the game, go screwy in battle. The music will fade, then a noise is heard then if you press A/B glitch symbols appear on the glitched move, then the Pokemon will turn pink, with a BRN Status, then the Pokemon will have a glitched name, it'll say it's frozen solid then it's hurt by the BRN, so it's health will start to drop as it stretches across the screen, as soon as it faints, Female symbol will get a huge boost and jumps to lvl 92. Afterwards you'll get a message saying glitched name K, (blank} gains EXP and will lvl up until it hits lvl 222. If you try to view your party during battle, it'll crash.)
Lvl 31: Nothing
Lvl 32: Scratch
Lvl 33: TM27 (Not sure what it does)
Lvl 34: Nothing
Lvl 35: TM05 (Crashes the game, when it hits)
Lvl 36: Nothing
Lvl 37: Nothing
Lvl 38: Absorb
Lvl 39: Nothing
Lvl 40: Stomp (If you do let Female Symbol learn this move, or not you'll get the YM, effect again but glitchy.)
Lvl 41: TM45
Lvl 42: Mimic
Lvl 43: Nothing
Lvl 44: Petal Dance
Lvl 45: Nothing
Lvl 46: Nothing
Lvl 48: Nothing
Lvl 49: TM15
Lvl 50: Nothing
Lvl 51: TM54
Lvl 52: TM54
Lvl 53: Nothing
Lvl 54: Nothing
Lvl 55: Nothing
Lvl 56: Twineedle
Lvl 57: Nothing
Lvl 58: Nothing
Lvl 59: Double Kick
Lvl 60: TM50
Lvl 61: Hypnosis
Lvl 62: Nothing
Lvl 63: Nothing
Lvl 64: Nothing
Lvl 65: Nothing
Lvl 66: TM05
Lvl 67: Nothing
Lvl 68: Nothing
Lvl 69: Nothing
Lvl 70: TM18 (Misses)
Lvl 71: TM04 ("No Effect")
Lvl 72: Nothing
Lvl 73: Nothing
Lvl 74: TM15
Lvl 75: Nothing
Lvl 76: Nothing
Lvl 77: Nothing
Lvl 78: Nothing
Lvl 79: Nothing
Lvl 80: Tackle
Lvl 81: Nothing
Lvl 82: Hydro Pump
Lvl 83: Nothing
Lvl 84: Nothing
Lvl 85: Nothing
Lvl 86: Nothing
Lvl 87: Nothing
Lvl 88: Nothing
Lvl 89: Nothing
Lvl 90: Nothing
Lvl 91: Nothing
Lvl 92: Nothing
Lvl 93: TM11 (Doesn't do anything)
Lvl 94: Nothing
Lvl 95: TM04 (No Effect)
Lvl 96: Nothing
Lvl 97: Nothing
Lvl 98: Nothing
Lvl 99: Pay Day
Lvl 100: Horn Attack

Phew… It's all over! It doesn't go over 100, even if you give it a Rare Candy.

Re: Female Symbol

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-09-07 12:00:52

Sorry, if this is in the wrong place but I've started to research on Female Symbol. Due to her endless cry, I had to find a Starter Modifer Code on Yellow, so now I've begun to see what she does. I'm unsure of her proper starter moves, but I'm getting a list of moves she learns when she levels up. So far, she learns:

Lvl 6 - Hyper Beam
Lvl 7 - TM05 - (Crashes the game if used)
Lvl 8 - Nothing
Lvl 9: TM50 (It does miss a lot, but soon hits the Enemy 2 - 3 times)
Lvl 10: Pay Day
Lvl 11: TM41 (Lowers Female Symbol's "Evade")
Lvl 12: Nothing
Lvl 13: TM15 (Has no PP, but if you use a Inf PP Code, it'll trigger an error)

I'll add more as I go along.

I'm sure this joke is kinda late but, heh, female symbol, "she", funny. Okay, I'm done. Carry on, peoples.

Date: 2008-09-07 12:17:17
It is named "Female Symbol". I'm about to enter the cave leading to Cerulean City, to get my second badge. Plus the joke wasn't even funny. The Pokemon are facing the other way and if they use Tail Whip/Tackle their sprite becomes scrambled, and the trainer's are too facing the other way.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-09-07 12:22:18
View the stats of a normal pok?mon, it'll become normal again.

Date: 2008-09-07 12:29:51
Yeah, I know but the screwy graphics, don't bug me. I only have one "Pokemon" and it's Female Symbol. So far, she's learnt a few strange bizarre moves, like TM50, it's "glitched" type, TM29 - Normal, TM54 - Normal.

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-09-07 12:38:04

It is named "Female Symbol". I'm about to enter the cave leading to Cerulean City, to get my second badge. Plus the joke wasn't even funny. The Pokemon are facing the other way and if they use Tail Whip/Tackle their sprite becomes scrambled, and the trainer's are too facing the other way.

Yeah, I know that joke wasn't funny, but it is erm…"interesting" that its name is the female symbol and it's referred to as a "she". [size=1pt]Although it's actually an "it" *shot*[/size]

Date: 2008-09-07 12:40:20
I don't really care if it's female or not. The glitch just intrests me. *Shrugs*

Date: 2008-09-08 07:33:42
Okay, yesterday I encountered a Death Trainer, and after I had a fight with a Jr.Trainer F, my name changed from Yami, to glitched, it was simaliar to the ZZAZZ, effect where I beaten her about to go into Vermillion City, where I went into battle, with a lvl 92 Female Symbol (Who won't obey), and over 6 "Pokemon" with me, so the trainer looked like my trainer, so he sent out a lvl 16 Pidgey with a hell of a lot of health, so I sent out Female Symbol and it look a lot of fighting until it fainted, because of Female Symbol not obeying me, I had to use an Infinite Health, code so then he sent out 3TrainerPoke, and it had the BRN status and as soon I was going to attack my game crashed. I have a video of it but I don't know how to get YouTube to post it, up.

*Sighs* Well, I've beaten the Death Trainer, this time he had a Cubone, with Cut, Sing, and other moves. So, now I'm fighting another Death Trainer, he too has a Cubone, and now a Q, that is really hard to take down. It has so much HP, and my Female Symbol's moves have changed.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-09-08 14:04:54
play the movie in VBA while you record it with a screen recorder

Date: 2008-09-08 14:24:42
Screen recorder?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-09-08 14:54:32
Like hypercam and stuff.

Date: 2008-09-08 15:01:31
I had a feeling you were gonna say that, and I don't have one. Well, right now I've gotten really far, I'm at Silph.Co, beating up the Rockets. X3

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-09-08 15:05:04
Just use the recorder built into the emulator and attach the .VMV and .VM0 files it creates onto a post.

Date: 2008-09-08 15:09:06
Hmm, well I'll be started again from scratch recording every movement, but at the moment I've had a few problems along the way with a bloody Onix. When a Hiker sent one out I got an error, so it hasn't effected my game, so now I'm about to take on Sabrina.

Alright, I'm now in Fuchsia City, and the first trainer, I had problems. He'd sent out Hypno, and it crashed my game, everytime. Any Onix's or Hypno's crash the game. Even with the codes off, I try and attack, it crashed. My Pidgey who now a Pidgeotto, helped me take it down, and now I'm about to face a few other trainers, then Koga. I hate Hypnos. I just took one on, next to Koga, and my game didn't freeze. Stupid Hypnos. ??

I've just beaten everyone else, and the Elite Four, but the HoF, isn't much fun. I get a blue screen, then it moves onto my next Pokemon, and such. I still got a long way to go yet until it reaches lvl 100. I doubt it'll go over that, but we'll see. My Female Symbol, is currently lvl 75, and is doing well. It'll take me a long while just to get it up to 100. I'm not sure how it will react when I give it a Rare Candy, when it hits lvl 100. Also if you encounter a Wild Onix, there's a chance that the game will let you send out your Pokemon/Female Symbol, if you try and fight you'll get an error or you'll crash, Hypnos, I'm not sure. I haven't had a problem with a Hypno, since beating up Koga's ninjas. I still have problems with Onixs, though.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-09-08 20:18:21
Well, I like this research on Female Symbol. It looks like none of this was in the Glitchdex surprisingly! Anyway, to make the video you can actually choose on the VBA "Start AVI recording" which can be directly uploaded to YouTube, or just get Unregistered HyperCam2 and play a VBA video you make. Anyway, good job. This must have taken a while.