Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Another MissingNo. type? - Page 1

Another MissingNo. type?

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2008-12-26 20:38:31
I recently did the MissingNo. glitch on my old pokemon Blue game (not a rom) and my name was "Hawk x" (case sensative). The pokemon I found were MissingNo. (normal), 'M, Kabutops MissingNo. and a MissingNo. that LOOKED regular, but its cry was longer and sounded more like a deep growl… So far its no different, but when I caught it, it fell to level 98.

I found a similar MissingNo. that had a quicker and higher pitched cry… Anyone else ever find these?

Re: Another MissingNo. type?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-12-26 21:30:34
I found a MissingNo. that had the cry of a Zapdos once.

It's just more common to find one with Nidoran (f)'s cry.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-12-26 21:41:41
Vanilla Missingno. has a shorter version of Nidoran?s cry, because that?s the closest thing the game has to a blank cry (due to the way the games are coded it?s impossible for a Pok?mon to not have one). The following Missingno. do not have a default cry, however:

0x43: 008010
0x45: 1DE080
0x4F: 22FF40
0x51: 0EE060
0x5E: 0F40C0
0x5F: 0F20C0
0x7F: 112010
0x89: 0F4080
0xB5: 1D0080

You got the 0x7F Missingno. because of the space in your name. This one has a cry based off of Rhydon?s.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2008-12-26 22:33:28
One of the altered-cry-MissingNo.'s appears when you fight a glitch trainer (A Glitched Rocket is the only one I've ever bothered to attempt, so I only know that they have one)

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2008-12-31 04:35:13
I wonder if someone made a list of all the different types of Missingno.

They're just placeholders I know but still, interesting…

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-12-31 05:35:48
What's so interesting about finding
MissingNo.'s with different cry's?

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-12-31 06:24:02

It is quite interesting what happens if the cry will stay the same, or it will be glitched, thus having a unique cry for itself.

And, forgive me Papa Doc, but it's the first time this month I saw you on this forum, and you were NOT HIGH. Thank the heavens.

Date: 2008-12-31 11:29:10

I wonder if someone made a list of all the different types of Missingno.

They're just placeholders I know but still, interesting…

I plan to make one at some point. The only differences I know of, though, are the cries and that some are actually used as sprite placeholders (Ghost and the fossils).

It?s more interesting than weed

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2008-12-31 20:41:21

It?s more interesting than weed

EPIC TOLDNESS!!!

Wait a minuet…  So some Missingnos have random cries?

Date: 2008-12-31 22:01:42
Not random, just different.

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2009-01-01 16:05:13
Personally, I don't think it's worth our time to try to find every little bit that's different between the MissingNO. hexes.

Date: 2009-01-01 16:13:32

Personally, I don't think it's worth our time to try to find every little bit that's different between the MissingNO. hexes.

Considering that there are only 39 Missingno.s, I judge that it?s less of a waste of my time than the 65,000 or so decamarks or whatever newfangled things you all look at. YMMV.

Date: 2009-01-01 16:19:10

Considering that there are only 39 Missingno.s, I judge that it?s less of a waste of my time than the 65,000 or so decamarks or whatever newfangled things you all look at. YMMV.

My point is that there are little to no differences between MissingNO. forms, so there's really no point in wasting time on it. However, each decamark is different, so there is a point in wasting time on it.

Date: 2009-01-01 16:22:24

My point is that there are little to no differences between MissingNO. forms, so there's really no point in wasting time on it. However, each decamark is different, so there is a point in wasting time on it.

On the contrary, the fact that there are fewer differences means that it?s actually a reasonable expectation to be able to list them all. I doubt that info on all the decamarks will be reasonably organized in either of our lifetimes. Again, YMMV?do whatever you want, but I know what I?d rather work on.

(That, and I don?t personally like glitches. Missingno. is not a glitch, so it?s something I have a fair bit of interest in.)

Date: 2009-01-01 16:24:56

On the contrary, the fact that there are fewer differences means that it?s actually a reasonable expectation to be able to list them all. I doubt that info on all the decamarks will be reasonably organized in either of our lifetimes. Again, YMMV?do whatever you want, but I know what I?d rather work on.

(That, and I don?t personally like glitches. Missingno. is not a glitch, so it?s something I have a fair bit of interest in.)