Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Changing 'Fly's' limitations - Page 1

Changing 'Fly's' limitations

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-05-17 14:44:37
Usually Fly on pokemon r/b/y can only go to the main towns for example pallet town, viridian city, indigo plateau etc.

I've been wondering if there are any test rooms present in the game you could possibly fly to; I used the code 0100F0DF (Yellow 0100EFDF) so that when I'm on the fly menu by pressing up a few times the cursor will move in a different order up to a total of 255 locations.

This code will crash the game if set too early so only set it on the fly menu, but I managed to move the cursor to the SS Anne so I flipped the code off and pressed A and fly took me to a 'Glitch City' which is possibly of the SS Anne but I couldn't move at all but when I used the town map it took that I was in another town all together so this may not be a glitch city and a seperate 'Glitch location' yet by moving the cursor down a few more times I could fly to what seemingly was named 'Celedon City' but was a gigantic scramble of pixels I could walk around but it is very big, pressing the cursor down even more times displayed a glitch town with a blank name as of which the game crashed before I  could even try to select it.

Re: Changing 'Fly's' limitations

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-17 15:03:28
I say, that's one interesting find.

Date: 2009-05-17 15:15:31
I tried 01FFEFDF, pressing the down button quite a lot of times can eventually move the cursor to a point where the game asks you if you want to move to '999' I turned the code off and pressed it and I was challenged by a glitch trainer named 'A' who sent out a 'Q' but I did not send out my pokemon so pressing fight was risky. I tried using items and it automatically threw my pokeball and ended the battle.

I'm not sure why but this trainer reminds me of the ZZAZ glitch but anyway when I arrived in '999' I couldn't move one step and I believe that this may be its own glitch area. Yet when I press the start menu to use the town map its glitched, nothing happens and when I press B the screen changes even more. I feel like this 'glitch trainer' cursed me but this is quite strange

Date: 2009-05-17 15:21:30
Care to give screenshots?

Date: 2009-05-17 16:32:22
Sorry for the delay; I could not move the cursor back to '999' however I did find a blank location yet the game crashed when I tried to fly there, the arrows on the map had changed this probably indicates more maps were intended. Also note that there are two pallet towns, one which is further north of the pokemon League suggesting there may have been two regions but the game turns white when you attempt to go there

[img]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2071/flyanywhere.png[/img]

Date: 2009-05-18 11:29:00
Wow, the last screen looks so glitched.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-18 17:27:09
What happened with the last screen?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-18 18:58:01
That'd be a glitchcity of Pok?mon Tower.

Date: 2009-05-19 15:53:30

That'd be a glitchcity of Pok?mon Tower.

Yes you're right, I've also attempted to fly to the SS Anne, Digletts Cave, Rocket HQ, the Pokemon League indoors and quite a few other places like the Underground Path. I've noticed your movement is limitted in comparison to how much space you have in the actual location for example the underground pass 'glitch city' is very large horizontally but not very large vertically.

The thing I still don't understand is why there is two Pallet Towns (the normal in its normal position one which is north of the pokemon league which gives an unknown opcode when I try to fly there. There is another blank location I rarely come accross as of which when I try to fly there for some reason the menu cancels it out and returns me to the normal selection mode of pallet town then viridian city, etc

I do recall a few months back seeing a location named 'Special' which was not in block capitals either so  is probably not to be confused with the 'SPECIAL' stat. But I am quite irritated why I can't locate that '999 99' location again as of which I did earlier, I used the value as FF and kept changing the cursor to browse through places like route 10 and rocket hq and eventually found that location. It is quite strange, if you manage to move your cursor to it and choose it you will be challenged by that glitch trainer 'A' I posted earlier but I can't find him again, he sent out a Q and when I escaped he seemed to glitch my start menu information and location similar to  how ZZAZZ glitches your party pokemon and turns them into exploding bulbasaurs.

Also: Consider this code, this actually changes where you are going to fly to and the colour scene, not the cursor 01XX5DD3 00-08 are Pallet town, Virdian city, pewter town, cerulean city etc.. up to Cinnibar Island, as of which you have to activate on the flying screen as quite humorously it will constantly bombard you with the 2 error and 92 error making you constantly turn walk left until you change the value back to how it was;  even though 09 and 0A crash the game they have their own unique colour scenes, 0A giving the screen a yellow tint and 09 giving a purplish tint suggesting the existance of two towns, 0B however just crashed the game and didn't change the colour scene here are some interesting screenies.

http://img193.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screen1b.png

Date: 2009-05-20 13:10:14
Right I think I've found an actual glitch location it seems different to everything else - here's a screenshot

[img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9566/glitchareaee.png[/img]

Date: 2009-05-20 14:55:35
Dude, that is seriously fucked up right there.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-20 18:04:50
Why not use Walk through Walls to explore places "you can't move in".

Date: 2009-05-21 10:23:16

Why not use Walk through Walls to explore places "you can't move in".

I still cannot move in the 'glitch areas' (EE to F4) as the game automatically changes my action to 'spinning' so I cannot move because of the inertia. I could attempt to find a code to stop the spinning but I tried to use the walk through walls code like you suggested on other areas; I found that the npcs are stable and say what they are supposed to say (I.E) the npc in 'DD' refers to his girlfriend like he normally does in the safari zone.

I have not yet found any other 'glitch areas' which do not crash the game before trying to fly but it could be a good idea to attempt to explore what I just found if I was to come across a 'stop spinning' code.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-05-22 17:42:43
This is pretty interesting here! I would suggest trying to get on the bike and see if that helps. I think there is also a "jump" code to make him float in the air like he is jumping a ledge that doesn't exist. You could try this glitch in the GSC games too!

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-05-25 04:57:55
Better yet, try it in D/P/Pl, and see if you can get to an actual Mystery Zone.