Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Possible 'glitch' - Page 1

Possible 'glitch'

Posted by: xMoppitx
Date: 2009-12-05 09:21:09
I wouldn't really call it a glitch per-say, but I've been on the site alot as of recent and haven't seen it anywhere.
Anyway, this morning I was playing Red and just got to the part in the game where you can Surf down to Cinnabar to fight Blane and blah blah. I side-tracked that to go get Articuno early, and after entering the cave, put on my bike to hit the boulders into the holes faster. If you go into the hole on your bike, you fall through, and your bike is taken off, but the bike-music still plays. If you put the bike back on, the bike music restarts.
Again, not sure if this would be counted as a glitch, but, it was some what interesting to me.

EDIT: Alright, thanks. Still not sure what to call it though, glitch seems more towards something actually messing with the game.

EDIT: Articuno wiped out my whole team except for my level 7 Mew, which then proceded to catch it with a Great Ball, which then reminded me. While in the Elite Four on my last save file, facing Agatha's Golbat, I sent out my level 7 Mew for it to die so I could revive, and Golbat simply wouldn't kill it. I'm not sure if it's part of the game, or just random happening but he sat there using Haze and Supersonic over and over again, until I finally switched, tired of waiting. I'll re-try this when I re-reach the Elite Four.

Re: Possible 'glitch'

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-05 09:22:54
That's an excellent glitch! *Fires up Pokémon Red*

I'll go see it for myself.

EDIT: Yes, it's there- just checked. I'll add it to our wiki. You will get credit for the find (unless someone already knew about it).

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-05 10:10:15
Approved by Staff. Done this before.

Date: 2009-12-05 10:14:39

Done what before

Date: 2009-12-05 11:38:13

Done what before

I think Tombstoner means he's done the Bike glitch before- I knew it sounded vaguely familiar.

Also, I can try the Mew thing later in the day.

Date: 2009-12-05 12:45:16
Yes, I meant the Bike Glitch. The Mew thing I'll try, though it seems to be part of something bigger.

Date: 2009-12-05 12:54:17
I'm doing Mew thing right now.

Date: 2009-12-05 16:18:02
Hmm, on third turn with said Mew, I was knocked out. Accidentally leveled the Mew, though, so I'll try it again.

EDIT: Nope. Same result, except the Mew was this time never used in battle.

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-12-05 17:18:36
Was the golbat just out of PP on its damage dealing attacks?

Date: 2009-12-05 18:19:24

Seems like it.

Date: 2009-12-05 18:55:21

Seems like it.

Yeah, we should've thought of that. xMoppitx, how long were you battling the Golbat?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-12-05 21:44:42

On R/B/Y, it seems the NPC opponents don't have a PP limit - I fought a Lv 5 Magikarp with a Magikarp of the same level, and like 50 turns later it was still using Splash, which has 40 PP.

Date: 2009-12-05 22:08:27

On R/B/Y, it seems the NPC opponents don't have a PP limit - I fought a Lv 5 Magikarp with a Magikarp of the same level, and like 50 turns later it was still using Splash, which has 40 PP.

Same thing happened to me today. For some reason, one of Lance's Dragonairs was stuck on Agility. The Dragonair used the move at least sixty times; I know because I slowly whittled away its health with a low level Pokémon for EXP.

Oh, and happy birthday Jolteon!

Date: 2009-12-05 23:17:01

Yeah, wild Pokemon and trainer Pokemon can't run out of PP in those games.

Seems like it.

Yeah, we should've thought of that. xMoppitx, how long were you battling the Golbat?

At least fifteen minutes, it was a long trip and a few of my friends were laughing at it; I got it down a little past half health using Surf with the level 7 Mew.

Date: 2009-12-05 23:20:22

Hmm, on third turn with said Mew, I was knocked out. Accidentally leveled the Mew, though, so I'll try it again.

EDIT: Nope. Same result, except the Mew was this time never used in battle.

Must've just been coincidence then, thanks for trying it though, I'm rapin' the Safari Zone now.