Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Possible 'glitch' - Page 2

Re: Possible 'glitch'

Posted by: xMoppitx
Date: 2009-12-06 02:56:15
While facing a level 8 Abra with my level 42 Blastoise, as soon as I entered the battle I used an Ultra Ball. The ball wiggled twice, and snapped. The Abra used Teleport, and here's the weird part. It said "But, it failed!". I was unaware it was possible for Teleport to fail in a wild battle.

EDIT: It happened again on another Abra I just found. Same scenario (Same ball and Pokemon out), Teleport failed again.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-12-06 05:44:44
Just tried it with a Poke Ball. Twice it was still able to get away, but once it failed.

On R/B/Y, it seems the NPC opponents don't have a PP limit - I fought a Lv 5 Magikarp with a Magikarp of the same level, and like 50 turns later it was still using Splash, which has 40 PP.

Noticed that when I had a wild Ditto TRANSFORM into Magikarp.
It doesn't happen in Stadium, though.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-06 06:13:54

On R/B/Y, it seems the NPC opponents don't have a PP limit - I fought a Lv 5 Magikarp with a Magikarp of the same level, and like 50 turns later it was still using Splash, which has 40 PP.
That may be something worth noting. I'll try it myself when I get time.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-06 11:00:23
That has happened with me, too.