Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

My Blue has problems... - Page 1

My Blue has problems...

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-05-14 16:55:24
Okay, this is MAJOR. I have done various glitches like the Old Man Trick, the Mew Trick, and 0 Error so many times, every time I try to fight a pokemon, read a sign, or do ANYTHING AT ALL, my game starts frieking out on me…It has done things like spawn a glitchy screen, cause a pixel to detach from a pokemon sprite, etc. Can anyone help?

Re: My Blue has problems...

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-05-14 17:06:31

Okay, this is MAJOR. I have done various glitches like the Old Man Trick, the Mew Trick, and 0 Error so many times, every time I try to fight a pokemon, read a sign, or do ANYTHING AT ALL, my game starts frieking out on me…It has done things like spawn a glitchy screen, cause a pixel to detach from a pokemon sprite, etc. Can anyone help?

Can you give any specific details about what you did before the problems started to happen?
Does the problem happen every time that you continue your game? It has happened to me before when incorrectly performing such 'fly from trainer tricks' that the game attempted to change my current location without reloading any graphics or NPC 'talk event data' and in that sense, when talking to most NPCs they would give out invalid data, which wouldn't exist in the previous area. Does the game let you enter a wild Pokémon battle, or are there extreme abnormalities 'TM trainer effects' etc within battle?

Alternatively, (sorry to sound typical) perhaps it could just be related to problems with the game's internal battery.

Hope I can help you, do the problems persist when you start a new game?

Date: 2010-05-14 17:13:14
I overdid the Missingno glitch worst of all, and when I looked at my HoF, the game froze (Probably because it was too damaged.) After THAT was when it began. It may be the battery, idk.
Oh, and yes, I made a new game, and it bugs the death out of me. It won't go away…This is what happens when you overglitch.

EDIT: I forgot about this. The battle effects…tend to vary. If it lets me into battle, it'll either: A) Do the Tm Trainer effect, B) Freeze when I'm trying to attack, or C) Detach the pixel.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-14 19:56:06
Did you happen to save after doing the mew glitch with a special stat of 252(FC), 253(FD), 254(FE) or 255(FF)?

Date: 2010-05-15 15:28:49
…Now that you say it…umm…yeah, I remember now. yes, I did. *facepalm*

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-05-15 17:21:36
$14.00
+ $3.99shipping
Used - Acceptable
Seller: BIGTPC
Rating:(1127 ratings) 96% positive over the past 12 months.
In Stock.
Domestic shipping rates and return policy.
no artwork sticker on cartridge works well

Date: 2010-05-15 17:26:10
You talking about a Blue cartridge, bud? I'm buying my cousin's Gold from him, so I can exploit glitches there :D IN any case, I'm good. I always have a Pokemon Blue ROM I can use at my Granddad's house.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-15 19:27:25
You might still be able to start a new game.

But yeah, NEVER save after fighting a ZZAZZ trainer.

Date: 2010-05-15 19:37:42

You talking about a Blue cartridge, bud? I'm buying my cousin's Gold from him, so I can exploit glitches there :D IN any case, I'm good. I always have a Pokemon Blue ROM I can use at my Granddad's house.
It was a joke, actually.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-05-16 07:03:19
My old dead Red did these things:
- Spawned glitchy text forever when it opened up a text box
- Did the same thing when entering battle, but after a while removed a part from the Pokémon's sprite
- Froze when accessing the party
- Menu worked fine, as did the bag.
- Pokémarts worked fine, after a loooooong wait and lots of glitchy text
- New game spawned glitchy text forever, as did the save file delete.
I was stuck on Cinnabar Island, and couldn't fly away (look at point 3)
I removed the battery and let it discharge, ended up with a dead cart. The Old Man Trick had been overused before I got it. Ironically, the Red cart that I got to replace it had no Old Man Trick usage at all.
I still have the dead cart as a souvenir of sorts, and to this date I don't know what the hell happened with it.

Date: 2010-05-16 08:20:18
Wack0: Ironic…same thing happened to me  :o
OwnageMuch: Yeah, I paid the price >_<
Tombstoner: THAT was not funny! *whacks him/her upside the head with a large bass*

BTW: My Blue (Before Elite) ROM hack on my G-Dad's computer is f-ed up.
If I even try to mess with the SNES, A botchy-named 'M appears, and shortly after, my game freezes. (Jesus)

Date: 2010-05-16 17:59:38

Tombstoner: THAT was not funny! *whacks him/her upside the head with a large bass*
Oh my gosh…thank you so much for finally reminding me to set my gender. I'm serious, I never realized it was unspecified. *shot*

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-16 20:30:23
Yeah, I have a question about my old Blue.
What causes your save file to be deleted all together? (Only New Game and Options are available) Afterwards, you can make a new file that is perfectly fine.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2010-05-18 07:10:24

Yeah, I have a question about my old Blue.
What causes your save file to be deleted all together? (Only New Game and Options are available) Afterwards, you can make a new file that is perfectly fine.

Certain glitch based file corruption just blanks out the save file or causes it to be so unreadable that it just isn't read.

I had this happen to me game after trying the ZZAZZ glitch and trying to save it safely. It didn't work :P

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-18 17:51:45
Strange, as the only glitches I used on my Blue were Missingno., 'M, and the Golen knowing the TMsomething attack.