Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

My Blue has problems... - Page 2

Re: My Blue has problems...

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-05-18 18:19:07

Strange, as the only glitches I used on my Blue were Missingno., 'M, and the Golen knowing the TMsomething attack.
I believe an old AttackDex page on TM55 (or something around 50) said something along the lines of: "After using it, the game dies." Do you remember around what number it was?

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-18 18:23:57
No, but it was the one where you trade a Graveler at level 25 to G/S/C, then it evolves to Golem and learns Rollout, then you trade it back IMMEDIATELY.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-05-19 02:31:31

No, but it was the one where you trade a Graveler at level 25 to G/S/C, then it evolves to Golem and learns Rollout, then you trade it back IMMEDIATELY.

That would correspond with the glitch attack TM05.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-21 05:52:23

Strange, as the only glitches I used on my Blue were Missingno., 'M, and the Golen knowing the TMsomething attack.

'M or Missingno. did it to me. Don't belive me if you don't want to, but there was and still isn't anything wrong with my cartridge, but around a month after catching Missingno. and 'M my game disappeared leaving only a small trace that instead of a pokemon in my box's name appearing occasionally when I use the cooltrainer move, when I change to a blank box it will display my old trainer's name for the move, DEXTER.

So yeah I think Missingno. / 'M can ease rarely. I know it's true.

Date: 2010-05-21 08:22:54

'M or Missingno. did it to me. Don't belive me if you don't want to, but there was and still isn't anything wrong with my cartridge, but around a month after catching Missingno. and 'M my game disappeared leaving only a small trace that instead of a pokemon in my box's name appearing occasionally when I use the cooltrainer move, when I change to a blank box it will display my old trainer's name for the move, DEXTER.

So yeah I think Missingno. / 'M can ease rarely. I know it's true.

Must've been. I did catch a Missingno. and 'M for testing purposes…

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-05-23 09:52:39

Nope, TM55.
"TM55 is a Glitch Move with superb power… and lackluster…well, everything else. It has both 0 PP and an accuracy of 0. Using this move simply causes your turn to end. Also on rare occasions, this move begins to infect the RAM with FF Hex values everywhere, and soon, the game dies. "

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-05-23 10:09:24
O_o Oh my. I didn't know about that until my Blue blurbed. Sure enough, my Golem had TM55 as a move.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-05-23 11:12:28

Nope, TM55.
"TM55 is a Glitch Move with superb power… and lackluster…well, everything else. It has both 0 PP and an accuracy of 0. Using this move simply causes your turn to end. Also on rare occasions, this move begins to infect the RAM with FF Hex values everywhere, and soon, the game dies. "

Oh ok, sorry it seems I was relying on the Big List a little too much. TM05 and Rollout both had identifiers of CD (205 in decimal).

Date: 2010-05-23 14:32:16
But the problem is, it's effect DIDN'T cause my turn to end. It was one of those moves that hurts the opponent, but if it doesn't KO them, the game freezes.
It had the animation of Self-Destruct, then Tackle.