Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

MissingNo. on mobile? - Page 1

MissingNo. on mobile?

Posted by: Foundno.
Date: 2015-03-10 07:26:10
Hey, I'm new to the GCL forums, but I'm certainly not new to Pokemon glitches. I know pretty much all of the major ones and most of the minor ones.

That being said, I prefer to glitch on a mobile emulator, My OldBoy! Free. I've been trying to get Missingno. on it, but he won't play nice. He crashes my game every single time.

Now, I know that Missingno. crashes the game a lot, bit it usually takes 5-10 tries on computer from what I've heard, and I just did my sixth try on My OldBoy! Free.

Can mobile emulators handle Missingno.'s epicness?

Re: MissingNo. on mobile?

Date: 2015-03-10 07:30:52
Because im n00b, I forgot:

I'm playing Pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-10 08:33:04
If you are trying to get a normal Yellow Missingno., it's not worth it, its sprite causes it to make the game freeze a lot of the time.

If you haven't, you can try to get a Kabutops Fossil, Aerodactyl Fossil or Ghost Missingno. with Special stats of 182-184, or the code 01B658D0 (for Kabutops Fossil Missingno.) The fossil and ghost Missingno. normally never freeze the game even on Yellow.

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2015-03-10 08:45:49
The maximum with MissigNo. is when you choose attack in a battle…

In a spanish version, sure.

Date: 2015-03-10 09:50:11
I don't have enough Rare Candies. I have to get the Normal.

How do I make it not crash?

Date: 2015-03-10 10:10:27
I'm afraid I don't know how to prevent it.

You can get a fossil/ghost Missingno. to appear 'from nothing' with Pikachu arbitrary code execution if you follow my steps in the video to get the items below:

Items from item 1:
TM50 x42
TM11 x4
TM34 x88
TM08 x36
X Accuracy x61
TM01 x1
Master Ball x(Pokémon you want) - Kabutops Fossil =182 : note, after you get Master Ball x0 you have to toss 74.

Or after underflowing the items pack with the other items you can generate Rare Candies or Master Balls from your x-coordinate (item 35).

It is tedious and easy to mess up though, I'm afraid.

If you get a Pokémon with the CoolTrainer move, e.g. by trading a CoolTrainer Ditto over from Red/Blue or by leveling one of these glitch Pokémon to the relevant level you can turn a Pokémon in battle into Missingno. with it by continuously opening and closing the fight menu/scrolling it in battle. Since you don't see its sprite, the game doesn't freeze. After capturing it you can duplicate item 6.

I hope this helps.

Date: 2015-03-10 11:12:01
I only have 1 rare candy and about 50000 Pokeyen.

Date: 2015-03-10 11:36:23
There isn't an easy solution then, but since the freeze happens seemingly randomly you may be able to get it to work eventually.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2015-03-10 12:25:07
Remember that whether the game crashes depends on the time you fly away from the long-range trainer, so you have to save before that instead of before encountering Missingno.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2015-03-10 15:31:34
Please don't double post. Use edit. (be thankful I'm not a mod)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-03-11 01:59:49

Please don't double post. Use edit. (be thankful I'm not a mod)

But I am, and if I wanted to be picky, I could tell you off too for backseat modding. Anyway, Foundno, go to your room. And merge your double posts while you're in there.

Date: 2015-03-11 06:35:40
I know how to activate Super Glitch's corruption to do anything I want. I know how to activate the Dokokashira door glitch through the ZZAZZ glitch.

I have no clue how to merge posts.

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-11 06:58:31
I've never gotten Yellow Missingno. to work on an emulator.

If you need to get a Pokemon with high enough special to get the fossil/ghost form, you can use the Mew Glitch combined with the Experience Underflow Glitch to get a Nidoking with a special that can be manipulated into the correct range with stat xp.

Date: 2015-03-11 07:08:35
Already tried that, rortik. I have a Nidoking with a pretty high special and wait a minute I could go buy some calcium for it and I think this will work!

Date: 2015-03-11 07:15:46
Thank you rortik, I am about to get Ghost Missingno!!!