Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Different OOB crash (Pokemon Yellow ONLY) - Page 2

Re: Different OOB crash (Pokemon Yellow ONLY)

Posted by: Glitcher
Date: 2016-11-02 07:52:10

Well, no. If you do that in battle, the game freezes as soon as you take a turn, not sure what happens if you throw a Poké Ball though. Outside of battle, you get a Lg- like effect, your position will be glitched and the game will crash a completely different way if you go out of bounds.
Well you're right, i modified the address with 4, there was no text and the game just softlocked.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-02 11:39:03
Ummm, level 0 Pidgeys yaay.
I bet you used TheZZAZZGlitch's debug Yellow ROM hack. If you get a chance, use VBA's Memeory Editor.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-02 12:32:03
Please, we need to stop using VBA. Use BGB. Or at least VBA-M.

Date: 2016-11-02 14:23:05
I still use it, I don't use gameshark cheat lists, so no ACE here. I use BGB for stuff VBA can't do though.

Date: 2016-11-02 17:57:02

Ummm, level 0 Pidgeys yaay.
I bet you used TheZZAZZGlitch's debug Yellow ROM hack. If you get a chance, use VBA's Memeory Editor.
I actully use the Debug rom from TheZZAZZGlitch. How could i do this, neither O_o

Date: 2016-11-03 12:15:57

Please, we need to stop using VBA. Use BGB. Or at least VBA-M.
Yes, we need to use BGB. I used VBA and thought… why isnt even working? It just didnt work, but yeah, i like bgb the most (sorry VBA developers, are they even in this forums?)

Date: 2016-11-03 13:00:26
Well, I tried:
Out of battle, it does the usual "invalid battle type" stuff.
In battle though:
wants
to fight!

sent
out Q### ##!
Throwing a ball catches the opponent's Pokémon and makes the ball wiggle a lot more than usual, then:
"The trainer blocked the BALL!"
"Don't be a thief!" *game crashes*
I used it against hex FF (ZZAZZ inducting trainer) and the ball caught my Pikasaur, and wobbled for a minute, then "The trainer blocked the BALL!", then "Don't be a thief!" and the battle ended. Normal stuff here.
Regular trainers do the same as wild Pokémon, but without the game crash.