Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Is 94 worth getting in Red/Blue? - Page 2

Re: Is 94 worth getting in Red/Blue?

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-07-06 07:07:43
You MAY be able to do it with extended items/PC? I'm not sure…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-07-06 07:49:44
Nope, not like that. With ACE you could, sure. (But again that's using ACE for everything :P)
Depends on what you want to do with that.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-07-09 01:32:35
You can also do that by acquiring more than 6 Pokemon through Super Glitch, swapping the Pokemon you want to modify with Pokemon 10 (?), changing the items corresponding to its EXP bytes, then swapping the Pokemon back. And then fix your name before saving.

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-07-09 20:39:12
Does 94 do anything special?

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-07-09 21:50:38
94 has an excellent typing (3 immunities and no weaknesses, since Dark isn't a thing yet), excellent stats, and a very large learnset.

Its "sibling", 94 h, has a volatile learnset, which means it can learn ANY MOVE IN THE GAME depending on VRAM. (And you can make it evolve into Mew!)

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-07-10 19:30:02

94 has an excellent typing (3 immunities and no weaknesses, since Dark isn't a thing yet), excellent stats, and a very large learnset.

Its "sibling", 94 h, has a volatile learnset, which means it can learn ANY MOVE IN THE GAME depending on VRAM. (And you can make it evolve into Mew!)
O_o
Wow. I didn't know this existed.
…i'll have to check it out…

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-07-10 19:56:44

If 94 h does not learn moves does it just use struggle or some random glitchy shenanigans. Also why does it evolve into Mew?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-07-11 08:23:43

If 94 h does not learn moves does it just use struggle or some random glitchy shenanigans. Also why does it evolve into Mew?

as was specified, it's learnset and it's evolution data pointers are in VRAM, so by manipulating what is on the screen, you can make it evolve into anything you want.
I bet that if it had no moves, it will either Struggle, or the Cooltrainer move will be usable.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-07-15 08:07:10
But does it have the real Normal and Ghost types?