Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Front Sprite Crashers Revealed! Pokemon Red/Blue - Page 4

Re: Front Sprite Crashers Revealed! Pokemon Red/Blue

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-01-02 19:20:55
No, Super Glitch is something else. The end result is also corruption (in most cases), though.
And how much RAM gets overwritten depends on the sprite itself. It might also overwrite twice (if it goes into Echo RAM range), now that I think about it.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-02 20:10:07
It's just the term I've always used for that amount of instantaneous changes in RAM. Part of me's stuck in the era before ZZAZZ's research revolutionized everything.

Why would it overwrite twice, in cases where it does?

Date: 2019-01-03 05:57:35
As I said, if it manages to reach Echo RAM. Reminder that Echo RAM is a mirror of WRAM, so the bytes would get a second corruption round if that happened.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-03 19:17:54

As I said, if it manages to reach Echo RAM. Reminder that Echo RAM is a mirror of WRAM, so the bytes would get a second corruption round if that happened.
NOT ALL of the current WRAM banks though, as Echo RAM is smaller than the WRAM area.

Date: 2019-01-03 19:35:09
It won't corrupt other WRAM banks, sure, but that's not what you're talking about when you say that Echo RAM is smaller than WRAM.
Indeed, $DE00-DFFF can't be corrupted twice. I guess that if stack space gets corrupted, the game will crash, anyways. Instantly. So my point seems to be moot :D