Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Viridian Trainer House Glitch Trainer? - Page 1

Viridian Trainer House Glitch Trainer?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-01 20:59:34
I'm curious if any of you know about the glitch trainer that can appear in the trainer house of Viridian (G/S/C). I've heard some info on it at trsrockin.com, but I would like to know more.

From what I've gathered, to activate this glitch, you must screw up a Mystery Gift or linked battle to make the glitched trainer appear (as this messes up the saved data of your opponent). 

I would especially like a video of the glitch.

Re: Viridian Trainer House Glitch Trainer?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-01 21:01:07
I think I've tried this before, but all that happened is a game freeze.

Date: 2007-09-01 22:06:39
Really? Hmm…

Maybe you have to time it just right? (if your method involved turning off the power at an odd time)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-12 15:10:46
Messes up save data of your opponent? Risky… Wait messes up, or corrupts? Currupt is the word the game uses. Do you mean that?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-12 15:37:28
I've battled glitch trainers there before, they have weird names and lv.0 pokes that freeze the game and have some weird names. THe side effect of fighting them is, even if you don't save, is that you will have over 9000 things of mail from the glitch trainer. The first dozen or so mails are just spam basicly.  The higher numbered spam mails are very glitchy.  Most of them wil cause wird text boxes to appear before you can go on.  When you highlight a different glitch mail, the last message(s) will appear along with the new one.  If you select any of the mails that give you text boxes, the game will go into the glitch dimension.

Date: 2007-09-12 15:38:38
/but you can only hold a limited amount though, right?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-12 15:43:23
Yes, but the glitch trainer will make you have a nearly infinate amount of mail. (or 255 haven't gone though that much mail)

Date: 2007-09-12 15:45:30
The weirder ones are probably the ones that go over limit after 20 or whatever.

Date: 2007-09-12 17:23:01
Yeah, I meant corrupted eariler, Guy. Sorry bout that.

I've heard of recieving mail mail that say GREENGREENGREEN forever. I had no idea they could send you so many mails, though :O

Gary M 9, how did you get those glitch trainers?

Date: 2007-09-12 18:00:38
GREEN? What's that from? (it was caps right?)

Date: 2007-09-12 18:51:05
Some think it's from the fact that your Rival would have been named GREEN in Japan, but here it's BLUE. I think it's more likely that maybe the generic trainer house trainer was going to be named GREEN, to go with the color theme of RED and BLUE, but they changed their minds.

I've heard of the glitch trainer sometimes having the name GREEN.

Date: 2007-09-12 19:46:49
So in other words a pointless translation?

Date: 2007-09-12 21:31:03
Maybe. I dunno. That's just my guess.

I think most of the time it's random junk, though.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-12 21:43:13
"GREEN" does appear in the text dump

In the original Japanese version, "Red and Blue" version was originally "Red and Green". Similarly, the game character known as Blue (analogous to Gary in the cartoon) was called Green over there, according to Bulbapedia.

Date: 2007-09-16 16:55:43
Oh, so the "pointless translation" theory was right :O.

I still don't get how you trigger the glitchy trainer, though.