Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Viridian Trainer House Glitch Trainer? - Page 3

Re: Viridian Trainer House Glitch Trainer?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-28 16:23:24
Prof. Oak can at times have very interesting teams. I got that exact combo (with Snorlax thrown in of course!)
Anyway we should get back on topic.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-28 16:59:34
I think the Trainer House is the primary place to find glitches in G/S/C.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-09-29 04:32:40
I have fought a trainer with an over lvl 100 stantler there before from what I remember I think it was after trying the Ilsty and ? glitch unown code. It seemed to had corrupted my time so I had to reset it all the time I also had 1 glitch mail

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-29 17:43:19
Why would the Viridian House Trainer be so prone to glitchiness though?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-29 19:12:12
Many variables seem to create the trainer at the Viridian Trainer House.  Most of these variables are not used in the game unless you access the trainer.  Any minor corruption caused by a glitch or a corrupted cloning, can mess up these variables a bit causing a glitch trainer in the Trainer House.  If the trainer freezes the game or has a messed up pokemon that is over or under the normal levels, (2-100, maybe 1) it can cause glitch mail from that trainer.

That is my theory for the trainer house becoming glitched, not a fact.  Anyone want to test to see if glitch mail is in the mailbox before fighting a glitch trainer with said pokes?

Date: 2007-09-29 23:51:16
That theory makes sense. So many variables involved…

I've often heard of Lv.0 Pokemon being used by the glitch trainer. Trying to fight them freezes your game, though.

Date: 2007-09-30 09:42:48

Many variables seem to create the trainer at the Viridian Trainer House.  Most of these variables are not used in the game unless you access the trainer.  Any minor corruption caused by a glitch or a corrupted cloning, can mess up these variables a bit causing a glitch trainer in the Trainer House.  If the trainer freezes the game or has a messed up pokemon that is over or under the normal levels, (2-100, maybe 1) it can cause glitch mail from that trainer.

Exactly. But how exactly does one get their trainer glitched so that when Mystery Gifting it transfers a glitched trainer to the Trainer House?

Date: 2007-09-30 12:47:33
Good question. I don't really know.

Yes, I've heard of Lvl 0 Pokemon and a certain Pokemon that makes the game say "Waiting…" as if you were in a link battle, and it doesn't go away.

Date: 2007-09-30 19:04:37
I've heard of Lv.0 Primeapes in particular.

I think the Pokemon that makes your game thinks it's linked is a Blue Bulbasaur with a Totodile's cry O_o. That's a different glitch trainer, however, an Executive with a majorly glitched-up sprite.

Date: 2007-10-01 15:40:27

Exactly. But how exactly does one get their trainer glitched so that when Mystery Gifting it transfers a glitched trainer to the Trainer House?

It can be caused by infrared interference by the sun, tv remotes, and other things.  The item can be sent over non-glitched, but the trainer info might not if interference occurs.

Date: 2007-10-01 16:24:22
In other words, bad cloning.

Date: 2007-10-01 16:43:52
Not nessisarily, the variables of the trainer at the Trainer House could be untouched, even if you made a bad clone.  But since bad clone is made by a bad save, there is a low chance of the trainer house being uneffected.  I'm not really an expert of the Trainer House glitches, I just say what I think.

Date: 2007-10-02 11:15:02
Okay, did some experimenting yesterday. I did a Mystery Gift with the Stadium 2 girl, waited a few seconds, and turned off the N64. Went to the trainer house, got Carrie. Meh.

I think I just turned it off too late, cause I went back later and it said I could only do Mystery Gift once a day, but there was no gift at the lab. Guess everything had saved except for the gift. Gonna try again later today.

Date: 2007-10-10 17:59:34
Err…I don't THINK that's how you do it…

Date: 2007-10-10 18:15:04
Hmm…I must agree. I've had no luck. Seems like it just reloads the previous team if the new team doesn't get downloaded right. How exactly do you glitch the game with the remote? Change channels while downloading Mystery Gift?

Oh, and a rather stupid question: for those times when the game thinks it's linked, but it isn't…is it possible to link up with another game and control the other side? Probably not, but just a guess.