Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Screwed up Pokemon you have gotten from the G/S/C cloning trick. - Page 1

Screwed up Pokemon you have gotten from the G/S/C cloning trick.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-18 16:27:24
Once, I went to clone my Lvl. 100 Starmie in Gold. I screwed it up. Starmie came out like this.
Name:???????????????????????????
Item:Nidoqueen
Attack:5000
Speed:1000
Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense:0
Hp:10,000

Weird. Of course, I had to release Starmie. Have any of you gotten screwed up Pokemon like this from the Duplicating Trick?

Cookie to first person who posts!

Re: Screwed up Pokemon you have gotten from the G/S/C cloning trick.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-18 20:24:58
Egad! 10,000 HP? Egad! O_o :o

Date: 2007-09-18 20:33:33
That is the 2nd freakiest thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon game.

Egad is right…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-18 20:35:00
The 1st freakest thing you have seen in a pokemon game is?

Date: 2007-09-18 20:55:28
The Glitch dimension.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-19 04:35:12

Once, I went to clone my Lvl. 100 Starmie in Gold. I screwed it up. Starmie came out like this.

Weird. Of course, I had to release Starmie. Have any of you gotten screwed up Pokemon like this from the Duplicating Trick?

Uh, how can it have Nidoqueen as an item?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-19 09:59:05

Uh, how can it have Nidoqueen as an item?

You can't. Neither can you have that many ?s on a single line and the likelihood it was that exact is low.
But taking account exageration and bad memory, It sounds like a badclone to me.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-19 14:54:00

You sure that's exact? :-\

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-20 10:47:09
I don't think it's possible to have 10,000 HP. It'd turn into glitch blocks or 2AE's or something.

Otherwise, sounds like a bad clone

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-20 15:49:18
No they can, stats are double hex.

Date: 2007-09-20 16:19:27
I don't know Newo, but I swear to God that Nidoqueen was the item. I'm not lying, I remember that one clear as day, like it happened yesterday.

I successfully cloned my Lvl 100 Typhlosion, which made me proud. The next day, a cloning attempt deleted my Lugia, which made me very sad, and I worked long and hard to get that Lugia! Now I only clone weak Pokemon. That way, it doesn't really matter to me if it got deleted.

My cousin also screwed up his Kangaskhan. He failed to release it, and it deleted his game.

Also, I traded a Lvl 100 Golduck to Gold from Blue that I got doing the Missingno. trick. It had THREE health bars, A, B, and C. I put it in Box 12, and I had 13 Pokemon in there. Next day, one Pokemon in the box had vanished. i never saw it. Every day for the next 12 days, a Pokemon suddenly vanished from the box, never to be seen again. Then some of the Pokemon in Box 11 started to vanish. But the Golduck was still in Box 12. I concluded, correctly, that it had "ate" the Pokemon in the boxes. I released it just in time, if I hadn't, it might have "eaten" all the Pokemon in the boxes, then moved on to my party! My cousin has a theory on this. He calls them "vampires". They're much like a real vampire, they eat Pokemon in the boxes, one a day, until the box is empty except for it, then it moves onto the next box. Sometimes, over Lvl 100 Pokemon found on Cinnabar Coast end up turning out this way when they level down to 100.

Ever heard of that before? I swear to God, that happened to me, also. And I'm really glad I released Golduck.

The Starmie IS a bad clone. And so was the Kangaskhan. The Starmie's stats were NOT exact, but I know Attack and Speed were a thousand or more, and HP was well over a thousand.

I promise, all of the above is true. I could not make any of it up, it really happened to me.

Date: 2007-09-20 16:25:20
A few more things…The Golduck incident happened first. Then the Kangashan on my cousin's Crystal. THEN the Starmie incident happened. The Gold game in which the bad clone Starmie occured in was not actually mine, it was my cousin's. I was playing it when this happened. I told my cousin to come over to look at this freakish cloned Starmie, and our jaws both hit the floor when we looked at it.

I know, that's a lot to read, but, please, bare with me! Please believe me on this one, it's not a lie!

Date: 2007-09-21 13:58:26
I also want to know what was up with the Golduck. Why do you think it ate my Pokemon? I don't think the "vampire" explanation my cousin gave me is good enough.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-21 15:05:18
*cough*edit*cough*button*cough*

The pokemon could have been deleteing the RAM of your boxes, this is my theory anyway.

Date: 2007-09-21 15:23:50
Sorry. I was trying to keep this topic alive.
Pretty freaky, it ATE my Pokemon!
Every time I deposit a Pokemon with multiple health bars (over Lvl 100, goes back to Lvl 100), it eats a Pokemon the next day! Not ALL ovel Lvl 100 Pokemon end up with multiple health bars when they level down to 100, but many DO. I'm sure you've noticed that at one time or other.