Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Screwed up Pokemon you have gotten from the G/S/C cloning trick. - Page 2

Re: Screwed up Pokemon you have gotten from the G/S/C cloning trick.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-21 18:26:58
Here's something I found that may or may not be related to Starmie having Nidoqueen as it's item:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OploqdcPfe8

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-21 18:31:20
Didn't work for me….  :'(

Can you give a description of the video, since it didn't load for me?

But I'm glad to see you at least believe me.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-22 11:11:28
I can't get it to even work normally on Crystal…Silver's fine though, but nothing weird.

Date: 2007-09-22 11:58:23
They tried to fix it in Crystal, but they didn't quite.

You must have no more than 5 Pokemon to perform the trick in Crystal. If you have a full party, the Pokemon will always come out of the cloning all screwed up.

Date: 2007-09-22 12:35:23
Thank you. That is what I did wrong.

But I can't do the cloning part still! Any timing tips?

Date: 2007-09-22 12:49:38
I can't help you on that. I myself haven't gotten it yet. Sometimes it does, sometimes it deletes the Pokemon, and sometimes it produces a bad clone.

I'd try as soon as it says the word POWER, but I doubt that's gonna help you.

Date: 2007-09-22 13:50:49
Wait, have you done it? :-\

Date: 2007-09-22 14:21:44
Yes, but I don't know exactly WHEN you have to turn the game off to get it correct. Which is why I only clone virtually useless Pokemon.

Also, you need to use an empty box.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-23 03:06:34

Didn't work for me….  :'(

Can you give a description of the video, since it didn't load for me?

But I'm glad to see you at least believe me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqTKZE65Rf4

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-24 18:33:34

I don't know Newo, but I swear to God that Nidoqueen was the item. I'm not lying, I remember that one clear as day, like it happened yesterday.

I successfully cloned my Lvl 100 Typhlosion, which made me proud. The next day, a cloning attempt deleted my Lugia, which made me very sad, and I worked long and hard to get that Lugia! Now I only clone weak Pokemon. That way, it doesn't really matter to me if it got deleted.

My cousin also screwed up his Kangaskhan. He failed to release it, and it deleted his game.

Also, I traded a Lvl 100 Golduck to Gold from Blue that I got doing the Missingno. trick. It had THREE health bars, A, B, and C. I put it in Box 12, and I had 13 Pokemon in there. Next day, one Pokemon in the box had vanished. i never saw it. Every day for the next 12 days, a Pokemon suddenly vanished from the box, never to be seen again. Then some of the Pokemon in Box 11 started to vanish. But the Golduck was still in Box 12. I concluded, correctly, that it had "ate" the Pokemon in the boxes. I released it just in time, if I hadn't, it might have "eaten" all the Pokemon in the boxes, then moved on to my party! My cousin has a theory on this. He calls them "vampires". They're much like a real vampire, they eat Pokemon in the boxes, one a day, until the box is empty except for it, then it moves onto the next box. Sometimes, over Lvl 100 Pokemon found on Cinnabar Coast end up turning out this way when they level down to 100.

Ever heard of that before? I swear to God, that happened to me, also. And I'm really glad I released Golduck.

The Starmie IS a bad clone. And so was the Kangaskhan. The Starmie's stats were NOT exact, but I know Attack and Speed were a thousand or more, and HP was well over a thousand.

I promise, all of the above is true. I could not make any of it up, it really happened to me.

Gary M 9 mentioned something like this in another thread. He said that his cloned Suicunes just started disappearing one by one, and that his Viridian House trainer was glitched. By any chance, have you fought your Viridian House trainer lately?

Date: 2007-09-25 14:17:23
It wasn't eating clones, it was eating ordinary Pokemon.

I went there a few days ago, it was the same trainer I fight every time:the Mystery Gift Girl I trade with in Pokemon Stadium 2. With normal Pokemon.

That video just brings up a page saying "The video has been removed by the user."

Date: 2007-09-25 14:23:16
Well, there were Pokemon being "eaten" so I thought it was worth a mention.

I had the same problem w/ the video

Date: 2007-09-25 14:25:57
I guess he took it down.

I can't believe my Hall of Fame is still normal, though.

And NOW you see why I clone only useless Pokemon like Magikarp or Dunsparce.

Date: 2007-09-25 15:08:02
XD Indeed.

Though you could still get a Lv.0 Magikarp of DOOM named ????&^GHU??>??????HIU^???????? or whatever.

But then you can use the bad clone for the Celebi trick :P

Date: 2007-09-25 16:51:55
Yeah, I could. If I HAD a Gameshark.  :'(