Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Night Flight - Page 1

Night Flight

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-29 15:35:46
Have any of you ever found glitch Pokemon in G/S/C without Gameshark in the wild? I did, once, at night… I flew away from Route 34, to Goldenrod, but then the menu popped up like the Mew glitch in R/B/Y, and when I pressed B, an ??? appeared. It was that Glitch City box of pixels. I beat it, appeared in Glitch City afterwards, flew out, and then my game froze…I tried it again and it wouldn't happen again…I had dropped my game several minutes before and had to restart so that might have been it…

I hope you got the meaning of this title, also.

Re: Night Flight

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-29 18:16:16

Have any of you ever found glitch Pokemon in G/S/C without Gameshark in the wild? I did, once, at night… I flew away from Route 34, to Goldenrod, but then the menu popped up like the Mew glitch in R/B/Y, and when I pressed B, an ??? appeared. It was that Glitch City box of pixels. I beat it, appeared in Glitch City afterwards, flew out, and then my game froze…I tried it again and it wouldn't happen again…I had dropped my game several minutes before and had to restart so that might have been it…

I hope you got the meaning of this title, also.

How strange.
I think that the dropping of the game may have been it.

Date: 2007-10-29 18:35:03
Yeah, probably so, but any have any of you had experiences similar to this?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-30 16:16:44
Ah, the classic dropping of the game, the (rare) opening to many oddities… But no, I haven't. I've gotten random menu popup+fights in my Red,but those were probaby just caused by accident (see here: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,1980.0.html).

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-30 16:45:26
Dude.Its pretty much immposible to change the games coding just by DROPPING the game and encountering a glitch… D: yeah so..

Date: 2007-10-30 17:54:14
I have no explanation of this either…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-30 19:36:59

Dude.Its pretty much immposible to change the games coding just by DROPPING the game and encountering a glitch… D: yeah so..
Could always damage a minor part of the chip though.

Date: 2007-10-30 19:37:36
Yes, it could. Good point.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 19:40:58
Strange, but I've heard of this happening before, so it may not be caused by just dropping the game. Were you doing anything funny with the game beforehand? Like with a trainer?

Is the title another Led Zepplin song? :P

Date: 2007-11-07 19:43:41
Yep, go to my sig, you'll find it (it's the 2nd one).

Date: 2007-11-07 20:03:34
Did anything funny happen with a Trainer eariler?

The menu thing happens when a battle's been suspended, so somehow you interrupted a battle, or made the game think that a battle was suppose to occur there…

Off-topic - Has anyone encountered a magically color-changing man in the tower where the three cats are? He's a firebreather trainer, and when you beat him he turns back and white and stays that way until you leave the floor O_o.

Date: 2007-11-07 20:14:54
No, nothing that odd happened other than the fact that I found my first and only shiny Pokemon other than the Red Gyarados in G/S/C- a Meowth on Route 38 if I remember right. It happened a while ago and I don't have that file anymore, so I can't even attempt this again.

Date: 2007-11-07 20:23:47
Hmm…what color was it? I've heard that many G/S/C glitches have odd-colored Pokemon. Did it shine when you saw it?

Date: 2007-11-07 20:29:24
It did but I honestly can't remember the color. I've never even seen a shiny Pokemon in my Gold. (This was in Silver). In my Gold, I have probably encountered 4.5 million wild Pokemon, and only one of them has been shiny. Everybody knows which one that is, so I don't need to say it.

Date: 2007-11-07 21:03:53
Bleh, never had much luck with shinies in G/S/C either, though I've found a few in the third gen, which is preferable anyway (happy-happy Emerald clone time :P)

Anyway, the Shiny Meowth looks like this:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/052.shtml

I think the color scheme's a bit different in the old games, but it would look something like that.