Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Crystal glitch - Page 1

Crystal glitch

Posted by: 46664
Date: 2009-01-05 21:30:24
Does anyone know why in Crystal, my trainer battle glitches in the Viridian Trainer House?  The glitched trainer uses a Diglett as a first pokemon and when I click on fight, the battle ends.

Re: Crystal glitch

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2009-01-06 18:17:13
Oh I think it has to do with the mystery gift , If you tryed the mystery gift with the girl on pokemon stadium 2 on the nintendo 64 , you will always fight a glitched trainer. If you never did that , I don't know what caused this then

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-06 18:44:43
[me=GARY 'M 9]finds the big long ass post of the reasons.[/me]

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-18 16:51:36
Yeah i know who you are talking about. His name is green?. Caution do not fight him repeatedly. Although he gives you all the mystery gift items, he flips your sprite from male to female. By doing this you start receiving mail titled green?.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-18 16:57:19
Um, what find of crap is this? I've seen the girl in on the Mystery Gift on Pokemon Stadium 2, many many times, and I have faced no glitch trainer in the Trainer House.

Date: 2009-01-18 18:09:03
you have to play Cal alot. Try beating the league once more. Then a new trainer named green?green?green?etc will appear with a level 0 primeape. The game then freezes.

Date: 2009-01-19 04:59:01
I've kicked his ass many times in the past, and he was nothing and no glitch "Green Trainer" has appeared. I'm working on ROM Crystal, anyway so I'll soon see if this is true or not. If it isn't then this would be all for nothing. The last time I faught him, which was a very long time ago, he had level 50 Pokemon, lvl 50 Meganium, lvl 50 Typhlosion, lvl 50 Feraligatr.

Date: 2009-01-19 13:41:23
eventually he will have a level 0 primape and his name will be GREEN? GREEN? GREEN?

yami *sigh* trust me on this

Date: 2009-01-19 14:54:46
Is there any proof? Give me a few days, and I'll be far enough in Crystal, to be strong enough to take him on. If I remember, you can only battle him once a day.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-01-20 18:24:34
The dude is the last dude you Mystery Gifted with.

Date: 2009-01-20 18:42:40
You can't use Mystery Girft, on a ROM.

Date: 2009-01-20 19:27:19
then GET THE GAME on gameboy!

Date: 2009-01-21 06:36:34
You sound like I just started Pokemon. I was fucking 7 years old when I started! I already HAVE the cartridge, I've had it since it came out. I can't use Mystery Gift, because neither my Gold or Silver is that far after both lost their datas.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-01-21 06:40:37
I decided to try this, and it the trainer had a Lv. 25 Golbat. I beat it and instead of fainting it said "Trainer Withdrew Golbat" and "Trainer sent out !!" and it was a Zubat nicknamed "!". I tried to attack it said "WAITING".

NOTE: When I wrote "Trainer Withdrew.." etc., I just put trainer since I didnt memorize the name.

Date: 2009-01-21 06:46:27
Also I have heard about this "VBA Link" or whatever, it's called. I'm not sure if you're able to use that to do MG. (Mystery Gift). And I still think you can only fight Cal, once a day. And the same with Mystery Gift.