Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

after years of owning this game - Page 1

after years of owning this game

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-18 14:18:02
On my old crystal game I fought green?green? and i turned the game off and my Person turned from a dude to a chick. First it was a dude who was blue but when I saved the game it turned me into a woman.I can't explain it, can you?

ps. i new gamed my crystal so i can save my mew from being deleted. My mew is my prize pokemon. He is not from game shark.

Re: after years of owning this game

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-18 15:08:42
Well, try clearing up your grammar, a bit and the cartridge, might of gotten a bit of dust in it. When I was checking my late brother's Pokemon Yellow, all I had the options, was New Game and Options, so I went to New Game, and Oak, was a large black rectangle. I didn't continue in case it would become permanent, so just blow the cartridge, and try again. Or it just be the battery, inside.

Date: 2009-01-18 15:23:31
my game sometimes said This game is only formatted for game boy color. Ive blown on it after that and it didnt erase my file (Praise the lord). It still didnt change my sprite back to normal. Good thought though. Oh, to everybody who has or had this problem post it here. I'm not making this up by the bye.

Date: 2009-01-18 15:27:09
Hmm, Mew can be gotten from the Mew Trick in R/B/Y. Again, it might be a battery malfunction. My brother's Crystal, was fine when I checked it for a Pokemon's Pokedex number, and when I turned it back on, it said this file was corrupted, and the time was not set. And now I've lost the data and his Pokemon.

Date: 2009-01-18 15:32:39
my mew was given to me before R/S/E. My Grandpa once worked at toys r us and the Nintendo event was out. :) happy to say my mew is still alive today in my new gamed Crystal! I think the Game got old and the codes or something got mixed up. This happened about 2 to 3 years ago. Also I have owned Crystal ever since it came out

Date: 2009-01-18 15:35:54
I have heard rumors, that too many codes can screw up the game. My brother used too many codes once, and when he went to help Lance, stop Team Rocket, there was no Electrodes.

Date: 2009-01-18 15:39:40
Do you mean gameshark or AR codes? Or the in game codes? If that is true then maybe nintendo put screw up glitches in the games for a reason. Maybe so you buy the new pokemon game! It would make since but I think my theory is stupid. What you think why pokemon games screw up alot?

Date: 2009-01-18 15:52:20
I would think too many AR/GS codes, would screw up the game. The first and second generation games, have batteries inside, the normal watch batteries, but the 3rd and 4th generations, don't have batteries.

Date: 2009-01-18 15:56:46
I did not use a game shark or AR. I never owned them. So maybe the battery got screwed up after that long of a time. What you think?

Date: 2009-01-18 16:17:31
It's possible. When my Gameboy Color slipped out of my hands, when I was playing Yellow, my game crashed and when I started it back up, I lost my data so after all these years, it's died on me or deleted my data, but ever since I caught the Yellow MissingNo. it's been fine ever since.

Date: 2009-01-18 16:20:38
Once again my favorite glitch helped another out.

Date: 2009-01-18 16:31:08
I don't really believe that, but soon see, what'll happen in the next 4 years.

Date: 2009-01-18 17:27:29
I wonder if missing no. will be in all the pokemon games.

Date: 2009-01-18 17:47:34
No. Not all glitches are MissingNo. Why do people say that I don't know, but it's very annoying and pointless. If all the other glitches that have been found were all just MissingNo. then this place would not exist. There ARE others you know. Like, Charizard 'M, or Female Symbol.

Date: 2009-01-18 18:01:36
no, i mean i wonder if missing number is in all the pokemon games.