Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Celebi glitch/ official method for "bad clone"? - Page 1

Celebi glitch/ official method for "bad clone"?

Posted by: JRorrim
Date: 2009-06-17 15:14:06
Alright, I've been going at that celebi glitch for a while, trying not only celebi but also trying the moves for mew, mewtwo and others. I have no trouble understanding any part of the glitch, but when I watch the glitch done on YouTube it seems that the only thing that doesn't match when I do the glitch is the "bad clone" I have actually gotten pretty good at producing these. I can usually get one within 5 tries. But whereas the bad clone on all the videos comes out on lvl 1, mine is always the level of the original. And whereas the bad clone's sprite is a bunch of garbage on the videos, mine stays the same. Is there a right way to make a bad clone?

Re: Celebi glitch/ official method for "bad clone"?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-17 15:31:20
It's actually the Celebi Trick, and could you explain this method of getting a bad clone?

(Also, Pokemon Stadium always gives bad clones no matter what.)

Date: 2009-06-18 11:27:38
Well all I have been doing is going through the process of cloning normally, except shutting off a split second before I normally do. And I did see a video in which the Nintendo 64 GB Tower was used, unfortunately I do not have this.

Date: 2009-06-18 21:29:19
What does the exact text say usually when you shut it off? "SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER…" or something like "SAVING DO NO-*power off*"

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-06-18 22:18:10
I do it like "SAVING… DO NOT TURN OFF–*turns off*" and it works perfectly.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-06-18 22:49:41

I do it like "SAVING… DO NOT TURN OFF–*turns off*" and it works perfectly.
Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-06-19 09:55:40
Is there any way to do the Celebi glitch on an emulator? I'd like to try it on VBA and see if it works there…

(I would assume that you press Ctrl-R to reset when the "SAVING… DO NOT TURN OFF POWER" screen comes on, but before "POWER" ^_^)

Date: 2009-06-19 10:37:20
Well I'm using crystal so to get a bad clone I do it at about "SAVING–DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWE–"

Date: 2009-06-19 15:25:24

Is there any way to do the Celebi glitch on an emulator? I'd like to try it on VBA and see if it works there…

(I would assume that you press Ctrl-R to reset when the "SAVING… DO NOT TURN OFF POWER" screen comes on, but before "POWER" ^_^)

The cloning glitch is VERY possible since you can do the Color Swapping Character glitch on VBA on Crystal Version by exiting the emulator.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-06-19 16:47:53

The cloning glitch is VERY possible since you can do the Color Swapping Character glitch on VBA on Crystal Version by exiting the emulator.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and try it now on my Silver on VBA ^_^

[Edit: Yea, it does work on VBA, I just tried cloning a level 2 Hoothoot with a Poké Ball attached, and it worked! I was expecting it to either have no effect or produce a ?????…]

Posted by: some one new
Date: 2009-12-03 11:04:42
I have pokemon stadium 2 and still no bad clones when I try to make them. Even when I do turn off the power too early etc. it doesn't work. I think my game may be bad clone proof. :o  :???: :???: :???: :???:

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-12-03 11:12:44
Do you turn off during the Emulated save or the Stadium save?
I have never done it with stadium but I believe you need to turn off while the N64 game is saving.

Posted by: some one new
Date: 2009-12-10 10:45:40

Do you turn off during the Emulated save or the Stadium save?
I have never done it with stadium but I believe you need to turn off while the N64 game is saving.

I've tried both I think… does it matter if I do quick fast load or slow load?

Date: 2009-12-10 14:34:29
I think so, do slow load.

Posted by: Mondo
Date: 2009-12-29 13:34:51
Hi, sorry for reactivating this topic for the second time, but I need some help with bad clones ;)

I've got a game boy color with pokemon gold inserted and I completely do not know how to get a bad clone. No matter when I turn my GBC off, it gives me a 'good' clone or no clone at all. Any advice?

In past I used cloning glitch hundreads of times and it always worked well, but now, when I need it to work wrong, it doesn't…