Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

A Beta place? - Page 1

A Beta place?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-09-13 15:42:43
0120EDCE for pokemon gold is the fly anywhere code i changed the value to something random when u select fly a glitch area is displayed if u press the down button it changes to 'special' is this the debug room? it wont allow me to go there.

Re: A Beta place?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-15 23:04:21
hmm… it could just be refering to SPECIAL (as in SPECIAL ATK. or SPECIAL DEF.)

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-16 14:33:57
Whoa thats cool.I will try that with R/b/y cause maybe it could lead you to glitch city without doing the GC Trick…I doubt it ;)

Posted by: philip1992
Date: 2006-09-24 13:19:40
Hmmm.

Date: 2006-09-24 17:16:25
I dont think it's reffering to spcl.attk/ def. because they are called spcl not special
and wouldnt they be towns called speed attack and def?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-29 16:09:32
no. some things are just random. maybe it's a beta stat, before they decided to split up special atk. and def.

Posted by: philip1992
Date: 2006-10-01 14:20:34
You could be right. Because i dont really know.  ???

Date: 2006-10-02 14:19:13
xparasite9 might be right.. the term special (with events) probally didnt have time be defined to stats
so it would display random times on things that arent programmed to show as ?.

Like the pokemon are called ? mark now not glitch block.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-02 17:05:35
thats cause the unknonw pkmn icon is a ?

durrr

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2006-10-08 20:59:24
That's what happens with glitches they do random stuff,in this case it says "special" but there is no meaning for it,because glitches put random symbols,numbers,words,names,etc.

Date: 2006-10-09 13:15:15

That's what happens with glitches they do random stuff,in this case it says "special" but there is no meaning for it,because glitches put random symbols,numbers,words,names,etc.

Maybe, but the term special on it is overused, I never saw places called Myname or Attack or Speed or anything in that code.  I'm sure if there was places like attack and speed that i just never saw it would be called spcl.attk or spcl.def. Maybe it's reffering to some sort of debug room or maybe it drags out data that was never defined. which could pull out the word special if it's data was trashed. Maybe 'special' is a beta phrase

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-10-09 13:38:35

Maybe, but the term special on it is overused, I never saw places called Myname or Attack or Speed or anything in that code.  I'm sure if there was places like attack and speed that i just never saw it would be called spcl.attk or spcl.def. Maybe it's reffering to some sort of debug room or maybe it drags out data that was never defined. which could pull out the word special if it's data was trashed. Maybe 'special' is a beta phrase

Or maybe it's like ?. Most glitch items in GSC are called ?.

Date: 2007-01-10 13:57:07
Reviving the topic with this <:)

Well I went on yellow and found a town map code (My gameshark has a trainer so you can find codes)
I kept going forward and after indigo plateou was pallet town again but then celadon after celadon was rocket hq? But I thought that was Silph Co. when your in the rocket hq under the game corner does it show the place on the town map? Oh edit: it does but you can't scroll to it there's multiple of these all the other places on the town map seems to be 9s and blanks that freeze the game

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-03-31 20:59:07
if you could place the cursor on it then it's a different story.

Posted by: DavidJCobb
Date: 2007-04-04 22:58:49
Really, a glitch like this could use probably any text string in the game– the fact that "special" appears a lot could be pure coincidence, and the word "special" could've come from any part of the game– it could even be a (very unlikely) combination of random letters that just happen to form the word "special".