Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

My crystal just went weird. - Page 2

Re: My crystal just went weird.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-08-07 00:42:11

Maybe an internal battery?

Possibly. I'm pretty sure that's one of the first symptoms of the internal battery drying up.

The internal battery only affects the game save. There are no symptoms other than save problems. Glitches like this are more likely the result of bad connections.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-08-08 09:45:44
Did you nudge the cartridge? It's extremely likely that you could have accidentally shifted the cartridge a little if you are using a GBA SP, my pokemon Gold cartridge is glitchy like that, even the slightest nudge of the cartridge will cause the game to lock up.

Another thing to consider, sometimes if I press the arrow keys too quickly the game will also crash. For an experiment I pressed every key on the d-pad quickly anticlockwise towards the center of the keys and the game crashed.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-08-08 18:24:47

Did you nudge the cartridge? It's extremely likely that you could have accidentally shifted the cartridge a little if you are using a GBA SP, my pokemon Gold cartridge is glitchy like that, even the slightest nudge of the cartridge will cause the game to lock up.

Another thing to consider, sometimes if I press the arrow keys too quickly the game will also crash. For an experiment I pressed every key on the d-pad quickly anticlockwise towards the center of the keys and the game crashed.

Really? I didn't know that. It could be the problem.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-08 20:09:19
Odd thing is, I've nudged my games before, even my Yellow yet nothing ever happened.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-08 20:30:46

Odd thing is, I've nudged my games before, even my Yellow yet nothing ever happened.

Depends on the age.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-08 21:39:49
I've had my Yellow since it came out.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-08 21:58:19
It also depends on other variables – condition, etc.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-08-08 23:23:40
GBA cartridges in the DS Lite are also susceptible to crashing due to being nudged. I've learned to save frequently in my Japanese Emerald because of this issue, as it has crashed numerous times.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-09 12:42:43

GBA cartridges in the DS Lite are also susceptible to crashing due to being nudged. I've learned to save frequently in my Japanese Emerald because of this issue, as it has crashed numerous times.

Reminds me of the Sega Genesis Nomad. It was a portable Sega Genesis but was heavily flawed. Still it is pretty nice to own.

As for GBA and GBC carts, They tend to fuck up if you crush them, bend them, drop them, submerge them in water, or otherwise do shit.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-08-11 16:15:07

As for GBA and GBC carts, They tend to f**k up if you crush them, bend them, drop them, submerge them in water, or otherwise do s**t.

My Lilo and Stitch GBA cart went through the washing machine years ago and was fine.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-11 16:24:06

As for GBA and GBC carts, They tend to fuck up if you crush them, bend them, drop them, submerge them in water, or otherwise do shit.

My Lilo and Stitch GBA cart went through the washing machine years ago and was fine.

Fixed

Also, my Emerald went through the wash three months after I got it on launch day.  I threw it out, thinking it was ruined. :(

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-08-11 16:39:40

As for GBA and GBC carts, They tend to f**k up if you crush them, bend them, drop them, submerge them in water, or otherwise do s**t.

Fixed

Also, my Emerald went through the wash three months after I got it on launch day.  I threw it out, thinking it was ruined. :(

The same thing happened to my Kirby game, and it was fine. It appears that GBA cartridges are both waterproof and heatproof <insert Pokemon type gag here>.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-11 19:35:00

Fixed

The same thing happened to my Kirby game, and it was fine. It appears that GBA cartridges are both waterproof and heatproof <insert Pokemon type gag here>.

Fixed

I guess I was just young (10) and stupid.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-08-12 17:10:59

Fixed

Fixed

I guess I was just young (10) and stupid.

Stupid ? You shoulda tried testing it first ;) And I was like 8-9 when my Lilo and Stitch cart went through the wash. I got the game with my 2nd GBA btw .. (Yep, you heard right, 2nd GBA. I got 2 GBAs for Christmas one year (or was it my birthday ? I forget). One relative got me a black one with Crash Bandicoot XS (which I still have, along with the manual), and another relative got me a blue one with Lilo and Stitch. I still have the blue GBA; also minus the battery cover. I think I gave the black one away.)