Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Gold version save corruption abuse - Page 2

Re: Gold version save corruption abuse

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-09-20 06:48:51

Edit: Even with lots of Pidgeys called Geodude like in Werster's run, I get a freeze on opening my party :/. It freezes on both VBA and BGB.

Have you tried Bizhawk, the emulator werster was using?

It still doesn't work, even on Bizhawk. Weird. I guess I'll start over and see if it works on a relatively new save.

Edit: That didn't work either. I wonder why?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-09-22 20:48:59
If it matters, Werster uses Gambatte.

Posted by: Patashu
Date: 2013-09-23 02:09:07

(Note that werster using Bizhawk is equivalent to werster using Gambatte, as Bizhawk uses Gambatte as its GBC core)

Date: 2013-09-23 03:56:55
(Not exactly… Windows 8 uses Windows NT as its core, but they're not very equivalent, are they?)

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-09-23 05:35:40

Are you sure? He said on stream that he uses bizhawk.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-09-23 08:10:08

(Not exactly… Windows 8 uses Windows NT as its core, but they're not very equivalent, are they?)

Yes, they are. The only reason they wouldn't be is if you thought all NT = NT 4. Which it isn't.

NT 4 got developed further to make Win2k (NT 5.0), which got developed further to make XP (NT 5.1), then S2k3 (NT 5.2), then Vista (NT 6.0), then Win7 (NT 6.1), then Win 8 (NT 6.2), then Win 8.1 (NT 6.3).

Not to mention NT 4 got developed from NT 3.51, which got developed from NT 3.5, which got developed from NT 3.1. Which was the first version of NT. :)

Date: 2013-09-23 12:31:24

And on a different one he said he uses Gambatte.

Posted by: Patashu
Date: 2013-09-23 16:46:16

And on a different one he said he uses Gambatte.

Let me clear it up. Bizhawk is a multi-emulator designed to have a common interface, set of TASing tools and so on for emulators for many games. As such, it has a 'core' for every single console it currently supports. For example, the 'core' for N64 is mupenplus. The 'core' for GBC is Gambatte. So, when you use Bizhawk and emulate a GBC game you are using Gambatte via proxy through Bizhawk.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2013-09-27 22:19:51
Sounds like a very good use for my Silver cart with a dead battery.

(…and also a good punishment for erasing a 10-year-old save file two years ago!)

Posted by: krynxe
Date: 2013-09-28 03:12:31
From what I've heard, this glitch doesn't work the same on Silver. Apparantly you get some sort of slowpoke hybrid or something along those lines, instead of ????? (00)