Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

We should reproduce this on real game cartridges - Page 1

We should reproduce this on real game cartridges

Posted by: Kain
Date: 2015-02-14 11:16:05
The other day i was seeing the Celebi via TM33 arbitrary code execution video i know this is a rather old for you guys, but after blowing my mind, and researching it a bit, it come to me if i could reproduce this on real game cartridges (not emulators) and upload a video of it step by step without omitting the Pokemon creation on Gen I and add more comments while doing the process. i can help on all that.

But as i research on your results and methods it's kind of hard for me understand what are you really doing here specially when you speak in terms of hex values and programing routines. For a non programer guy like me, this is like reading encrypted alien language on Chinese.

So what do you say?

Re: We should reproduce this on real game cartridges

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-14 16:13:38
Cool. Doing it on a real cartridge would be great. I do think Paco81's Celebi trick is much easier than this if you can get a bad clone; and so is the Coin Case arbitrary code execution method for Celebi on Gold/Silver, however, I like the idea of just trying cool glitches even if they are long-winded. Not sure if you think the same way.

I admit that my instructions are not clear, I talk about what the process involves and mix them up with the steps and my steps weren't thorough enough.  :-[

I will write step by step instructions that you can just copy and I will put the instructions in one big post.

Doing all the steps under each underlined heading will net you Celebi. The only real requirements for these steps are a Red/Blue save file where you can save and use Fly/Surf, the ability to get certain items, a link cable, a Crystal that can use the Time Capsule, and another Generation II game. But this is quite lengthy to set up from zero and complicated. Though if you are still interested, follow the steps carefully one by one and you should be able to get your Celebi. :)

I may have made a generalization without knowing it, so if you or anyone else does try this and you mess up somewhere, let me know what happened.

[size=16pt]Steps:[/size]

[size=14pt]Getting 8F:[/size]

8F is used to give Pokémon nicknames that will redirect the TM33 code to your PC items in Crystal and make them hold key items when traded over required for the duplicate key items glitch, which is used later.

There is more than one way to get 8F. Ways to get it are described here.

I will be describing an item underflow method because I think CoolTrainer is unreliable at times. It can stop doing its corruption due to its random internal name less often/seemingly never being too long, and you have to be prepared to catch a "94" (hex:F1 glitch Pokémon which changes the fourth item due to its Pokédex number 213). I don't like the non-CoolTrainer Super Glitch method either because you need to get a glitch Pokémon with Super Glitch in the first place.

I will tell you more about some other methods in case you are interested though. The easiest CoolTrainer method is through this method using x (multiplication sign) as no walk through walls is required (WTW method), nor a special name/really strong Pokémon, preferably one with a OHKO move and a Rocket in Silph Co. you haven't used (old man glitch Trainer method).

Get an item counter of 255 and four X Special x0/255 stacks for later:

Note: Three extra X Special stacks let you get some 'one-off' items (namely TMs you can't buy) needed later.

These are TM42 (Dream Eater), TM11 (Bubblebeam), TM34 (Bide). If you have these items stored in the PC you can skip generating them and just duplicate them with Missingno./'M.

Part 1:
1) Do the old man trick (talk to the Virdian City old man, Fly to Cinnabar Island and surf along the coast) with an X Special in the 6th position and encounter Missingno. or 'M to get 129 X Specials.
2) Run, toss two X Specials to get 127 and encounter Missingno./'M again to get 255 X Specials. You can also use up two X Specials in the first battle to get 127, then catch Missingno. to get 255 X Specials.

Part 2:
3) Have at least 6 items including the X Special x255.
4) Put the X Special x255 to the bottom of the items list, then toss all of the stack (not all of the stacks!) above it. Repeat this three times so that you have four X Special x255 stacks.
5) Put the top stack of X Special x255 in slot 3.
6) Toss all of both stacks above it to get two more X Special x255 stacks.
7) Toss all of the top stack [total number of items you had to start with minus 6] times.
8 ) Toss 253 of the top stack X Special to get X Special x2
9) Swap item 1 with item 2.
10) Swap item 1 with item 2, again.

Video, with simplified steps in the description for not getting an extra three X Specials)

The results include an item counter of 255, an X Special x0 but an item counter of 255 and three X Special x255. Keep the X Specials.

Dig up 8F and one-off TMs from the expanded items pack:
11) Go to Celadon City and walk to this exact spot.
[img]http://i1.minus.com/iben2RMzSZFVQQ.png[/img]
12) Toss 255 X Specials (press down twice after choosing toss), to leave you with an X Special x1.
13) Press Select on the X Special x1 then scroll down to item 35 (Nugget x1) and swap the X Special x1 with Nugget x1 using Select.
14) Walk right and have the Celadon City map loop, then walk here (don't try to get here by going left though) and 8F should be in the pack where the X Special x1 was (this spot works because the x position is technically 5D, 8F's index number)
[img]http://i2.minus.com/ikRWiyNP77Gap.png[/img].
15) Bring 8F up to the top of the items pack then Fly away so you don't get stuck.
16) Deposit one 8F in the PC.
17) Repeat steps 11-17 but with the one-off items if you need them.
[img]http://i6.minus.com/ibrO85ydqFt8bl.png[/img]

If you need Rare Candies x0 (256) and don't have one, you can get them here.

[img]http://i1.minus.com/ibfEjPqNZIWmu0.png[/img]

No loops are required for Rare Candies, so you don't need to swap the X Special x1 with the Nugget x1 at the spot in step 11.

You cannot replace it with a Cancel or below a Cancel if Cancel hides the items. If you didn't have enough slots, try forcing one of the "j." glitch items to be displayed on the screen below the top Cancel and replacing the Rare Candy x0 with it.

Note: While scrolling, if you ever encounter a long name glitch item that stops the scrolling, press B lightly multiple times while holding down/up to go to the next item slowly. This is tricky to avoid sometimes. The effect goes if there is no long name glitch item on the screen.

Deposit 0 (256) of every item you create from the glitch except 8F.

Video (but a different spot to get "PC" instead of "8F")

[size=14pt]Get Pokémon so that 8F runs code from your items ('bootstrap code'):[/size]
8F normally runs code from the start of your party Pokémon data. However, it is impractical/nonviable to run any serious code based on your party Pokémon data, so we get certain Pokémon to redirect the code execution to item pack data.

[size=14pt]Setting up 8F:[/size]

18) Prepare the following party Pokémon, in order:

Pidgey with 233 HP
Parasect
Onix
Tentacool
Kangaskhan
(No sixth Pokémon)

That is all you need for the party Pokémon set up. It will make the game run code from your third item when you use 8F. Be sure to always have those Pokémon when using 8F.

Getting Pidgey with 233 HP may take a while. I think you definitely need HP stat experience (give it 10 HP Ups). It is possible for it to be at level 100 with 10 HP Ups and still have less than 233 HP, so you need good DVs on Pidgey (the minimum HP at level 100 with 10 HP Ups might be 230 HP; this was taken from 0 Attack, Defense, Speed, Special DVs. The 'HP DV' is determined by other DVs).

You can get it to a high level if you have duplicate Rare Candies either by creating them or duplicating an existing one with Missingno. or 'M.

[img]http://i1.minus.com/ibfEjPqNZIWmu0.png[/img]

19) Prepare the specific items from item 3:

Lemonade x 195
Carbos x 222
X Accuracy x 8
Water Stone x 62
TM42 x 34
Lemonade x 216
Poké Ball x 34
TM50 x 33
TM11 x 4
TM34 x 157
TM18 x 201

You also need item 2 to have a quantity of 128 (duplicate a x1 with Missingno./'M then toss once).

To get a normal items pack again, buy two items you do not have to get one (255->0->1). From here, withdraw the 8F you deposited and all of any other item. Adjust the quantities to the correct amount, e.g. for TM34 you would deposit 256-157=99.

You are able to buy the other items, such as Poké Balls and TM50 and if obtaining over 99 is necessary, you can obtain 255 with Missingno./'M by doing steps 1 and 2, and from then on you can toss 255-(amount you need).

[size=14pt]Using 8F:[/size]
The code dictated by the items above gives the first stored PC Pokémon a special nickname (because we need it as a bootstrap or 'redirection' code to make TM33 execute code from stored Crystal PC items later) and makes it hold an item which we need to be a specific key item (determined from item 2's quantity) for when it is traded to Generation II.

In Crystal, you will need to fill your key items pocket (25 items max) and have an extra key item. So if you had 14 key items, you need to create 11 (+1) with 8F. Hence you could store 12 Pokémon in the first position of 12 boxes of the Red/Blue PC.

Of these key items, two need to be Machine Parts (use 8F when the quantity of item 2 is 128) and two need to be SecretPotions (use 8F when the quantity of item 2 is 67).

Assuming Crystal has 14 key items, then you can do the following steps:

20) With a Pokémon in slot 1 of 11 boxes, go to one of those boxes e.g. box 1 and use 8F. If everything went right then that Pokémon's nickname should change. Make sure you have the bootstrap party Pokémon and the code item pack items!
21) Repeat with other boxes until you've used 8F for 12 boxes. 12 Pokémon should now technically be holding a Machine Part.
22) Change the quantity of item 2 from 128 to 67 (toss 61), then use 8F for two remaining boxes. 2 Pokémon should now technically be holding a SecretPotion.

[size=14pt]Link Cable and Crystal tasks (1):[/size]
23) Via the Time Capsule, trade the 12 Pokémon (or how many you needed to 'hack' to hold items and have a special nickname) over to Crystal.
24) Remove all of their held items to fill the key items pocket. Make sure to have 2 Machine Parts and 2 SecretPotions in the pocket. Leave one Pokémon with a held item even though you can't take it.
25) Trade one of the special nickname Pokémon after you have removed its held item into a second Generation II game.

[size=14pt]Crystal item set ups:[/size]
26) Make sure that you have one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls in the first position of the balls pocket (as its index number will become your balls item counter).
27) Set up the following stored PC items:

Item 1: Great Ball x 62
Item 2: TM02 x 38
Item 3: TM27 x 46
Item 4: Charcoal x 45
Item 5: Leaf Stone x 01
Item 6: Anything x (anything)
Item 7: TM10 x (any quantity)

Anywhere below:
TM33 (for arbitrary code);
Ultra Ball x99 preferably for catching Celebi.

- I changed my previous set up here to use 1 Leaf Stone instead of 4. The only difference is an extra item stack is needed.

Duplicate key item glitches:
After step 25, we filled the key items pocket. Make sure that you have the Apricorn Ball in the first Balls pocket position before doing these glitches.

28) Put two Machine Parts in the last two slots of the key items pocket.
29) Swap them to create Iron x99 and Blk Apricorn x10.
30) Put two SecretPotions where the Iron x99 and Blk Apricorn x10 were.
31) Swap them to get 157-166 ball items (depends on the type of Apricorn Ball you had). Following the balls items are your PC items; and you can use TMs with the wrong effects in the Balls pocket (but don't yet!).
32) Take the remaining held key item Pokémon (important) then deposit a key item in PC to make room for a GS Ball later.

[size=14pt]Final steps/Link Cable tasks 2:[/size]
33) Fly to Goldenrod City and bring a Pokémon with Cut.
34) Trade a special nickname Pokémon to another Generation II game, put it in the fifth position of the party there, then battle that game with the special nickname Pokémon still in the fifth position and forfeit.
35) Go to Kurt's house and scroll down the Balls pocket to see TM33. Use it and he will act as if he checked the GS Ball, and he will give you a GS Ball you didn't give him.
36) Go to Ilex Forest and battle Celebi where you can catch it.

[size=12pt]Edit on March 12, 2015: Fixed an error in step 30 (Machine Parts->SecretPotions).[/size]

Date: 2015-02-16 18:28:18

Cool. Doing it on a real cartridge would be great. I do think Paco81's Celebi trick is much easier than this if you can get a bad clone; and so is the Coin Case arbitrary code execution method for Celebi on Gold/Silver, however, I like the idea of just trying cool glitches even if they are long-winded. Not sure if you think the same way.

It's because i like the idea too I'm offering to do this glitch on real game carts. ;) i have done Celebi egg trick and i feel it's very strange how you make a Celebi hatch from an egg. i also try paco81 method and is way more creepier how you make Celebi out of a glitched Pokemon. Arbitrary code execution on gold and silver is no different too, you just pop it out of the thin air.
Cristal's TM33 arbitrary execption code is different because you activate a programed in game event that was left unused on the game and you enconunter a celebi wich generation is not influenced on the execution of the glitcn (besides activating this event flag) as far i see it, that celebi is more legitimate than any other methods.

I have all the requirements what you said: a red, silver and crystal version game carts, two systems and the cable link (Everithing US region). Also i have the two stadium games and two transfers packs, but as far i understand this glitch, it won't be of any use here.

On the process instructions I'm very familiarized on the old man trick (aka missigno glitch) and how item duplication works in memory.
The item underflow method i understand it's principle (but never tried it); in theory You past 99 items limit in game via old man glitch. and loop item counter via adding one bite to the two bit counter so it goes form FF hex value to 00 (or vice versa) so when you start switching items you are writing data on other memory locations, which not necessary control items quantities. how doing this reach Pokemon data is something I'm still don't understand.

I'll start doing your steps but it will take some time getting the desired results. when i get more used the method i'll record it. meanwhile i'll ask questions on this thread, and i'll be posting my results.

Date: 2015-02-28 22:51:40
Hi again, sorry for being absent all this time, i been quite busy. also i had to finish and prepare my physical red version for some heavy glitching. ;)

I read and analyzed your entire post. part 1 is easy, i had done some old man glitch some decades ago, also i prefer not catching missigno because it gives the game some stability issues that i don't quite understand yet, so I'm avoiding it (not sure if this influences the next part of the glitching though).

Part 2 is were i have problems. It's hard for me to follow your instructions, so I'll describe everything i had done step by step.

My bag after step 3 looks like this:

Item-1: Full heal    x1
Item-2: Antidote    x1
Item-3: Parlyz heal x1
Item-4: Burn heal  x1
Item-5: Great ball  x1
Item-6: X-Special    x255 <–(same item counter/symbol in games as the potion item in the Video)
CANCEL

Step 4 is where i think I'm doing it all wrong, it says "Put the X Special x255 to the bottom of the items list, then toss all of the stack (not all of the stacks!) above it. Repeat this three times so that you have four X Special x255 stacks." basically i toss four stock of items (from Item-5 to Item-2) and my bag looks like this:

Item-2: X-Special    x255
Item-3: X-Special    x255
Item-4: X-Special    x255
Item-5: X-Special    x255 <–(I assume those are still there, can't scroll down after tossing some items)
Item-6: X-Special    x255 <–(I assume those are still there, can't scroll down after tossing some items)
CANCEL

I toss Item-5 to Item-2 like this because step 5 reads: "Put the top stack of X Special x255 in slot 3" if done only 3 times x-special would already be on item-3 position making step 5 useless.

so on step 5 i switch item-2 to item-3. The bag looks like this:

Item-2: X-Special    x155  <- after swapping it changes item quantity
Item-3: X-Special    x99    <- after swapping it changes item quantity
Item-5: X-Special    x255 <–(I assume those are still there, can't scroll down after tossing some items)
Item-6: X-Special    x255 <–(I assume those are still there, can't scroll down after tossing some items)
CANCEL

on step 6 it read's "Toss all of both stacks above it to get two more X Special x255 stacks." i understand it as toss item-2 and item-1. Again my bag looks like this:

Item-1: X-Special    x99
CANCEL

After this step, when i select an item the game kick me out of the bag menu (as if i pressed the cancel button), also i can't scroll down more items below item-1. I had misunderstand something i know, but i can't figure what it was?.

Also have recreated the video by switching the potion item for x-special, After switching item-3 for item-6 my bag looks like this:

Item-1: Burn heal  x1
Item-2: Great ball  x1
Item-4: Parlyz heal x1
Item-5: Full heal    x1
Item-6: Antidote    x1

tossed item-2 and item-1:

Item-1: X-Special    x255
Item-4: Parlyz heal x1
Item-5: Full heal    x1
Item-6: Antidote    x1

In the video it toss eleven times potion x255 afterwards it toss potion x253, when i toss 3 times a stack of x-special x255 on my game, I got the same result: the game kick me out of the bag menu (as if i pressed the cancel button) and can't scroll down after item-1.

What I'm doing wrong? :(

Actualy doing it right now

Date: 2015-03-11 20:28:06
Finally i have an update!

Pics speak more than words (considering how hard is for you is understanding my bad English ;)) so here are some images:

(If you have issues viewing these images please recommend me a good image uploading site because imgur.com is very limited for me)

I present you my Celebi event unlock gear:
http://i.imgur.com/Xms8eBp.jpg

Item preparation for the missingno bug on some X specials:
http://i.imgur.com/lgUvSm8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aWk2sbV.jpg

Hello MR. !@#m'@#$.
http://i.imgur.com/5cdxt3O.jpg

Let the real glitchin begin:
http://i.imgur.com/AMp8Jox.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7EWoiYb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hZfwhFU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4KyBJaS.jpg

You had to see my face when i finally get this thing work:
http://i.imgur.com/I03wA6Y.jpg

One step closer to the goal!
http://i.imgur.com/XRSeCFB.jpg

So, after getting 8F and experimenting some on it (i F*** up, and had to reset, i don't know how to create code for this thingy >:() i started to make the party for redirecting code to the items bag. I used for this my Pokemon stadium 2 game because GB tower acceleration make this kind of grindings faster.

Getting the pokemon was very easy: Khangaskahn and Parasect got them via missingno/safari variant because it's more easier to catch them using a master ball, Tentacool are on almost any surfable sea and Onix is on the victory road. The most annoying to get is the 233HP pidgey (if you don't know how find a pidgey, you are very special ;D), i had to give him 10 HP ups, also made an elite four run adding some effort points on him; after some more wild battles, a lot of rare candies and some resetting i managed to get the 233HP stat.
http://i.imgur.com/GbPOx4Q.jpg

The next step were the items, the most annoying part was getting the items that pass over 99 in quantity.
this is a pic for the first items sorted for running code: http://i.imgur.com/Y9li6Xh.jpg

now that setup is complete let's run my first code on real Game Boys!
http://i.imgur.com/qqmm6v5.jpg

The result as expected was this:
http://i.imgur.com/Mj4tzW1.jpg

Preparing a test trade: http://i.imgur.com/Yu2kdMD.jpg
Doot det doot dee, Doot det doot dee http://i.imgur.com/USrVz02.jpg

And…. Success! (I think) http://i.imgur.com/IsynUyP.jpg

Well, it does took me a while figure by myself how to get 8F item.

It happens that i didn't know how item counter get glitched in the proses (and how it works), I still don't understand how x special clones works on the tutorial (also nobody even tried to explain it to me :() at any case, they are used for farming lost or never acquired TM's, which are not necessity for me, because i keep an stack of each one on my Pokemon stadium 2 game also i have stocks of rare candies too 8).

So I'm in the middle of trading, to gen II and i have some questions.
1) Do i need to pass exactly 12 machine parts and 2 secret potions or can be more? because my crystal version currently has only 8 key items: bicycle, old rod, squirt bottle, red scale, basement key, card key, clear bell and S.S. Ticket.

2) Do i need to arrage key items in an specific order? (please be specific on this order)

3) is there a way to toss/delete extra key items? i need to do this for video recording issues.

Re: Actualy doing it right now

Date: 2015-03-12 08:59:57
That's cool. Good luck for the rest of the glitch!  ;)

I think your English is good.

It happens that i didn't know how item counter get glitched in the proses (and how it works), I still don't understand how x special clones works on the tutorial (also nobody even tried to explain it to me :() at any case, they are used for farming lost or never acquired TM's, which are not necessity for me, because i keep an stack of each one on my Pokemon stadium 2 game also i have stocks of rare candies too 8).

I do not exactly know how dry underflow works either, however, as you may have figured it is related to when you swap two stacks of the same item; the game tries to merge them into one stack (e.g. Master Ball x1, Master Ball x1=>Master Ball x2 or Master Ball x1, Master Ball x2=>Master Ball x3)

Luckytyphlosion has an explanation of an older method that I haven't got around to reading.

The X Special x1 makes your x coordinate dec:68 and your 'y-block' 1 when you swap it with the Nugget x1. The x coordinate dec:68 is greater than the highest valid coordinate for Celadon City (hex:31, dec: 49). As the map's east connection (and the new coordinates for that connection) are only loaded for when x=50, x keeps on increasing for every step you take until x=FF where the game would load the west connection. When the x coordinate is greater than the x boundary, as you walk right the map will start looping.

The y-block address (D363) is either 0 or 1. For the item swapping it's kept at 1; the value it was supposed to be. I don't know exactly what it is but if you force a wrong y-block you can mess up things/get stuck and break warps.

Take one step up or down and it will become the other value. It represents the quantity of the item you generate, and as you know if it is 0 the game thinks you have 256 of the item (so if it is not a key item you can toss it to get any quantity).

So I'm in the middle of trading, to gen II and i have some questions.
1) Do i need to pass exactly 12 machine parts and 2 secret potions or can be more? because my crystal version currently has only 8 key items: bicycle, old rod, squirt bottle, red scale, basement key, card key, clear bell and S.S. Ticket.

2) Do i need to arrage key items in an specific order? (please be specific on this order)

3) is there a way to toss/delete extra key items? i need to do this for video recording issues.

Since you have 8 key items, you'll want 25 (max)-8 (# of items)+1 key items created by 8F, so you need a total of 18 key items. Of those items there should be two Machine Parts (i2 quantity=128) and two Secret Potions (i2 quantity=67), and you should leave a Pokémon holding a key item that you shouldn't take until step 32.

You don't have to put all of the key items in a specific order, but you should place the two Machine Parts as the last key items in the pocket before swapping them, then place the two Secret Potions as the last key items in the pocket before swapping them. Also, although they aren't key items; your first Poké Ball in the Balls pocket must be one of Kurt's Apricorn balls so that you can get a high Balls counter due to their high index numbers.

Hmm, I'm afraid I'd have to do some research into that. What are the recording issues? You may be able to deposit key items in the PC but I'm unsure if that's a real solution.

Re: Actualy doing it right now

Date: 2015-03-12 11:59:55
Thanks for all your help and support Torchickens  :D

Hmm, I'm afraid I'd have to do some research into that. What are the recording issues? You may be able to deposit key items in the PC but I'm unsure if that's a real solution.

I want to record this as a tutorial: steps by steps guide, where to find what, etc. so the content of the bag should displayed as it is while progressing in the tutorial, because of that if i suddenly have some key items already duplicated it could lead the viewer to confusion. That's why I'm asking for methods on toss/deleting key items on crystal version. otherwise i should restart the crystal version only for this issue and that will take me a lot more of time. (damn… why we don't have states on cartridges  :()

Red version is different because in the process all items and Pokemon used can be deleted, in that case i could make the game go to a state of "apparently not being glitched at all". And before anyone ask: yes, i found a way of toss/delete 8F item using the same exploit that created the same item.

By the way, ultra balls for catching celebi? why not we create a master ball and use that instead? (it's faster ;))

Date: 2015-03-12 16:44:42
You're welcome.

Maybe I could create some arbitrary code to set the number of key items back to 08. I will look into that after I've finished something I wanted to do.

Yeah. Easily done. When you use 8F for your last time, make sure that the quantity of item 2 is 1. This will make the Pokémon hold a Master Ball when you transfer it over to Generation II (which you can put in the stored PC items to access it even after your balls pocket becomes corrupted). :)

Or if you have one of the balls in the balls pocket with a quantity of one it may become a Master Ball after corruption.

Results

Date: 2015-04-16 20:20:36
Hi again, sorry for being absent all this time. i was very busy, family, job, education, you know, stuffs… After getting some free time (and taking some sleep) i was able to continue this experiment.

So results come in and things doesn't look any good for me. Let me start were i left.

Last time i was able to do my first manipulated Pokemon. After that I was able to make a lot of them and transfered all to my crystal version via game link trades. By doing this i filled the rest of my key items pocket whit a lot of machine parts, trade over two secret portions too, and i get an extra machine parts on one Pokemon.

here's my complete bag content:

http://i.imgur.com/p9b2NjZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eG0WkaW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xTky4Pk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uLbmcpe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JESprCW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/95EwhZ7.jpg

I was able to get every item for PC item storage via Pokemon cloning (and that was a lot of Pokemon ;)), here's a look at my stored PC items:

http://i.imgur.com/wDeV0O1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PlZObFl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xIINc4v.jpg

After cheeking everything i started the final steps, swapped machine parts and secret potion, exactly the same as the guide and video, also get the extra secret potion form the reserved Pokemon and deposited two key items afterwards (as shown in the video).

I flew to Celadon (my flyer Pokemon already had cut), and trade to silver an 8F'ed pokemon and moved it to the fifth position, afterwards i made a quick battle and forfeited

So when i finally done all that stuffs i flew to to Kurt house, and when i was searching my ball's pocket for TM33 execute code the game crashed! :o I didn't even see or select TM33, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/42Dg52X.jpg

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

… So this is the part were i need all your support and ideas, i have a game were key items are already glitched, remember that the game forced me to save after the last link trades and battle, and i would like to see if i can fix this situation without deleting my crystal save game.

I must to note that in the video there are various types of balls in the balls pocket. I was only holding 3 different types a lure Ball, some standard poke balls, and a master ball. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2015-04-16 21:44:01
Did you press Select on the first item before scrolling down? Some items' description crashes the game.

Date: 2015-04-16 22:18:26

Did you press Select on the first item before scrolling down? Some items' description crashes the game.

wow!… that actually work somehow… after hacking key items and saving my game i can still crash the game via Pokeballs pocket. doing what you say actually let's me scroll down to TM33 and not crashing.

So my new problem is: form which step of the process i can resume the glitch for unlocking the Celebi event?

SUCCESSS!!!!

Date: 2015-04-20 19:40:55
I did it!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kfWmQNr.jpg[/img]

Oh man…. it really took me a while…

In the end, the game save file had an item bag glitched, but it doesn't need to have a prerequisite to work properly after loading the game. what it does need a process is when you want to run code from TM33.

I tried various steps here and there for this finally work for me. First i noted the battle and trade (of one 8F'd Pokemon) to other GSC game which obviously had an impact because it has to do something to the crystal game via the one Pokemon exchange and it's place as the fifth Pokemon position (what really does in the games memory it's beyond me maybe someone could explain it). also i had to note that the Pokemon trade has a less strict rule on when you can do it, as it can be done earlier in the process (maybe just right after you remove all items on *F'd Pokemon)

What really was my headache was the need to fly from Celadon city to Kurt house. I suppose it has to do something to some memory issues on the ruining of TM33 code.

Once done those steps, i finally got the thing work.

First i had to do the battle (replicate the trade was not needed)
http://i.imgur.com/IzmZQN8.jpg

Then fly from Celadon to Azalea. This is what i hadn't been doing.
http://i.imgur.com/dicc85e.jpg

Thanks to camper for his tip on pressing select and skip crashing item descriptions.
http://i.imgur.com/ergDUyJ.jpg

When i really noticed that everything goes to win mode.
http://i.imgur.com/U9oE4Kg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qie3vqs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ApxPyMq.jpg

On every video i saw on you tube i have never seen this what this girl says… until now…
http://i.imgur.com/fLyN2EL.jpg

Celebi enters the stage!
http://i.imgur.com/RRnGBMT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KXob8v0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CF53i8c.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z0VdTui.jpg

Master ball plans worked somehow thanks to Torchikens
http://i.imgur.com/83ERlzg.jpg

I had to note that you can run the code for this event any number of times and it will always activate the celebi event. so you can get more than one of that Pokemon. (IFINITE CELEIBIZ!!!! :o)
http://i.imgur.com/cdQp7hD.jpg

Well now that I'm able to do this glitch sequence (man that was long… ;)) I'm starting to script the tutorial video. For anyone to try and do it.

Maybe I could create some arbitrary code to set the number of key items back to 08. I will look into that after I've finished something I wanted to do.

Can you do that code? because I'm really needing it right now… plz?

Date: 2015-04-21 15:55:18
Congratulations man! :D

Thank you very much for patience and persistence. Hope you can get the video done.

Can you do that code? because I'm really needing it right now… plz?

Yes. I'll work on it. It's night time so it will have to wait until tomorrow (unless another coder like Crystal_ or TheZZAZZGlitch would like to make it), but I will make it a priority. For the execution I anticipate you having to link with the glitched name Pokémon as enemy Pokémon 5 again, but have different stored PC items before using TM33.

Sorry for the wait.

Date: 2015-04-23 15:03:31
Apologies for the delay, I hope this is OK.

I made a code, but it requires a Magnet. You can get one from "Sunny" on Route 37 on a Sunday. I hope that you have one. If not let me know and I will work on this more.

Please prepare the following items from stored PC item 1:

Great Ball x62
Max Potion x5
Poké Ball x61
Awakening x38
TM25 x1
(any x any)
Escape Rope x46
Lovely Mail x44
Dire Hit x44
Dire Hit x34
Squirtbottle x1
(any x any)
Dire Hit x61
Leaf Stone x1
(any x any)
Magnet x1
(any x any)
Ice Heal x45
Paralyze Heal x60
Repel x34
Super Rod x1
(any x any)
Great Ball x34
TM10 x1

This code will set your number of key items to 15 and clear out your balls pocket (0 items and Cancel in slot 1).

A Cancel will be placed in slot 2 of your key items; so I recommend that you have one of the duplicate items there. To bring the Cancel down, you can press select on the item just below it and bring it up to the top. Do this for each item.

Eventually you may get one last item below Cancel that you can't swap to the top. However, you deposit it in the PC to get a properly terminated key items list.

You need to activate the code by using TM33 in the Balls pocket after linking with the glitched nickname Pokémon as enemy Pokémon 5.

As ASM:
inc b
ld a,0F
dec b
dec b
dec a
inc c
ld h,D8
ld bc,0909
inc de
ld l,B8
inc l
inc l
inc l
inc l
ldi (hl),a
xor a
ld bc,1212
inc l
dec a
ldi (hl),a
ld bc,1111
ld l,h
ld bc,1111
dec bc
dec l
dec c
inc a
inc d
ldi (hl),a
dec a
ld bc,1111
inc b
ldi (hl),a
ret

As raw code:
043E0F05053D0C26D8010909132EB82C2C2C2C22AF0112122C3D220111116C0111110B2D0D3C14223D0111110422C9

I think it would be cool if there was a memory editor code based on box names for Pokémon Crystal like the one that Crystal_ made for Pokémon Gold one day.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2015-04-23 15:10:18
This is awesome, im actually completing my pokédex on my Pokémon Silver at the moment, and im only missing Espeon, Suicune, Entei, Raikou and for the longest time i thought getting celebi would be impossible, but this method seems awesome, i really wanna get a celebi! =D