Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

"The Celebi glitch" - Page 2

Re: "The Celebi glitch"

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-10 13:46:43
Well there must be a variable for rarity though, right? If so then how rare could they possibly make Celebi, if it is around 1 in a million then we're getting somewhere.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-10 17:04:02
To be honest, I'm not so sure this is even real. I'd need some decent evidence before I'd believe this (then again, I didn't believe in the Mew Trick at all, passing it off as a stupid fake, and THEN I found convincing evidence that led to believe it, try it, and, indeed, get him and trade him to my Gold game, so….)

Date: 2007-10-10 18:06:26
Nobody is sure if it is real or not.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-11 10:28:36

I think that the Celebi glitch should be replaced with the Celebi Trick (Bad Clone trick)
The Celebi glitch is a load of bullshit

Date: 2007-10-11 14:22:44

I think that the Celebi glitch should be replaced with the Celebi Trick (Bad Clone trick)
The Celebi glitch is a load of bullshit

Damn straight, Newo.
Couldn't say it better myself.

Date: 2007-10-11 16:10:37
There is no proof, so yes, I suppose it is.

Date: 2007-10-11 16:16:16

There is no proof, so yes, I suppose it is.

That it's a big load of crap?
I doubt this could happen anyway.
It seems about as likely as you finding a wild Mew OUTSIDE OF THE MEW TRICK AND GAMESHARK-NEVER.

Date: 2007-10-11 16:18:01
Only reason it would happen to anyone anyway would be dropping the game and havong something happen (once somebody got tons of shinies).

Date: 2007-10-11 16:26:54
Dropping the game. Hmm…Makes sense. Once, when I dropped my Gold and knocked the batteries out the Gameboy in the process (I never found one of the two), I turned it back on after putting the battery and a new one in, and I was in the glitch dimension…I also dropped my Silver once and encountered glitch Pokemon up the yingyang and saving actually erased my file. Ouch.

Date: 2007-10-11 16:27:55
Shouldn't you never mix old and new batteries?

Date: 2007-10-11 16:36:21

Shouldn't you never mix old and new batteries?

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You shouldn't? Why?

I don't THINK that was it…

Date: 2007-10-11 16:54:18
I see that on about every electronic I see…

Date: 2007-10-11 17:05:39
What's it supposed to do? Does it actually damage the device?

I didn't knock out the batteries with the Silver, but IT ERASED MY GAME.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-11 19:44:45
I remember dropping Ruby once (dang dogs) and my game froze with a loud buzzing sound. Luckily it was okay once I reset it…

I dunno if I believe this or not. Probably not.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-12 10:20:50
Completely off topic, who has heard the thunder glitch before. (That is caused by random error corruption, maybe Celebi glitch is too (if it is real (which I doubt)))

Dropping the game can cause quite a bit of error, so it is possible, but very unlikely.