Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Battle Tower Lati@s glitch - Page 2

Re: Battle Tower Lati@s glitch

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-27 08:34:27
doesn't Scary Face prevent fleeing when used by Ghost mons?

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2019-04-27 16:38:36

doesn't Scary Face prevent fleeing when used by Ghost mons?

You're thinking of Mean Look and yeah. There's also Block and Spider Web. Those might work, but I'd have to have a strong and speedy mon like (for example) Crobat to try it out. Not to mention the difficulty in trying to encounter Latias without accidentally encountering another mon before it (on my part.)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-28 15:22:17
I wouldn't count on it. The same function that checks for Mean Look and Block is the same one that checks for Shadow Tag. You're welcome to try, though, and it would be interesting if it does work. I don't have this glitch set up anywhere so I can't test it anytime soon.

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2019-04-28 16:13:11

I wouldn't count on it. The same function that checks for Mean Look and Block is the same one that checks for Shadow Tag. You're welcome to try, though, and it would be interesting if it does work. I don't have this glitch set up anywhere so I can't test it anytime soon.

I'd check myself if encountering Latias wasn't such a pain for me every time. I'll take your word for it since my experiment is pretty much the same as setting up another can't flee status. I'm just more curious as to why it happens really.