Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Error trap listing - Page 1

Error trap listing

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-03-28 20:25:22
Here's what we have so far written about.
Here's what we have so far listed.
Here's what we need that we know of:

Feel free to make pages or simply post what we need or some exact text.

Re: Error trap listing

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-03-28 21:44:04

Wrong sprite glitch isn't an error trap

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-03-29 20:53:26

(both for the wrong sprite glitch and for choosing an illegal Pokémon)[/li]

Wrong sprite glitch isn't an error trap
I mean the message displayed when you try to trade for one.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-30 08:35:48
I've been looking for a R/S/E text dump but I haven't been able to find one, instead I found a HG/SS text dump here: http://stuff.veekun.com/pokemon-heartgold-text-dump

It seems that there are a lot more error traps than we thought, even ones such as "The most recent Battle Video is corrupted. The previous will be loaded."

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-04-01 09:06:19
I added one I knew about: "The Hall of Fame data is corrupted" on R/S/E, which appeared on my Ruby when the save file was semi-corrupted, and I tried to access the Hall of Fame (which appeared in the PC, despite the fact I never beat the E4 in that save file).

Date: 2010-04-01 09:17:24

I added one I knew about: "The Hall of Fame data is corrupted" on R/S/E, which appeared on my Ruby when the save file was semi-corrupted, and I tried to access the Hall of Fame (which appeared in the PC, despite the fact I never beat the E4 in that save file).

Thats great, thanks for the help.  :)

Date: 2010-04-01 11:20:15
If I remember correctly, it was capitalised as : The HALL OF FAME data is corrupted.

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2010-04-03 18:08:45
I have a suggestion regarding the Error Trap pages. Could we possibly post pics of the Error Traps "in action"? Also, I started the page "Error traps for abnormal Pokemon", modify it as much as needed.

Date: 2010-04-07 13:11:44

I have a suggestion regarding the Error Trap pages. Could we possibly post pics of the Error Traps "in action"? Also, I started the page "Error traps for abnormal Pokemon", modify it as much as needed.

Yes, feel free to do so. In fact, I recently uploaded images for "Object Event" and "No windows avail-able for popping" on to the wiki, and added them to the respective pages. Unfortunately with the increase in the site's downtimes though I haven't had much of a chance to upload any more.

Date: 2010-05-25 12:11:18
Update!

Using a Ruby ROM, a Ruby table file I found via google, and a program called "romjuice" (that came with source code) that I modded to output newlines rather than the hex value of every single value it finds that isn't in the table, I'm currently creating a Ruby text dump.

I'll upload it when (A) it's done and (B) I've cleaned it up.

Date: 2010-05-25 12:13:34

Update!

Using a Ruby ROM, a Ruby table file I found via google, and a program called "romjuice" (that came with source code) that I modded to output newlines rather than the hex value of every single value it finds that isn't in the table, I'm currently creating a Ruby text dump.

I'll upload it when (A) it's done and (B) I've cleaned it up.

That's great, I can't wait until its done  :)

Date: 2010-05-25 12:25:12
First thing I notice: all the text is jumbled together. So I remove a couple of lines from the table and start dumping again. I note that this pushes the dump up from ~18MB to ~26MB. Don't worry, I'm going to reduce the size of it ! :)

Dumping again. Modifying romjuice to only print _one_ newline.. it's really taking down the size. :)

Right.. want to know why decamarks are named after moves.. ?

LATIAS
    LATIOS
    JIRACHI
  DEOXYS
    CHIMECHO
  -
    POUND
      KARATE CHOP
DOUBLESLAP
  COMET PUNCH
MEGA PUNCH

That's right, the move names are directly after the Pokémon names. :D

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-27 01:03:32
The wrong sprite glitch says something along the lines of "That Pokémon was already traded to another trainer" or whatever the standard message to that effect is. I've tried to trade for one before (it was a lvl 100 mew with gyarados' sprite, nickname and the player wanted a gyarados lvl 100 for it).

EDIT:

First thing I notice: all the text is jumbled together. So I remove a couple of lines from the table and start dumping again. I note that this pushes the dump up from ~18MB to ~26MB. Don't worry, I'm going to reduce the size of it ! :)

Dumping again. Modifying romjuice to only print _one_ newline.. it's really taking down the size. :)

Right.. want to know why decamarks are named after moves.. ?

LATIAS
    LATIOS
    JIRACHI
  DEOXYS
    CHIMECHO
  -
    POUND
      KARATE CHOP
DOUBLESLAP
  COMET PUNCH
MEGA PUNCH

That's right, the move names are directly after the Pokémon names. :D

It would also seem that this is why decamarks have their names after moves. The spaces could be why part of it is cut off (it reads 10 characters but the spacing syntax glitch kicks in and only displays a few characters or something).

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2010-05-27 06:04:16
OwnageMuch, wouldn't "EGG" come between "CHIMECHO" and "POUND"?

Also here is the corrupt HoF screen:
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Album2/RuHaFaCo.png[/img]

Date: 2010-05-27 11:35:14

Also here is the corrupt HoF screen:
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Album2/RuHaFaCo.png[/img]

Yeah, I know about that, from the text dump.. when I posted the message in the topic I had to remember it from about 2006.