Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Level 4 Staravia? - Page 1

Level 4 Staravia?

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-06 10:50:53
I'm not sure wether to call this a glitch or just game oddness but I was playing on diamond and was in the I think the first of the three lakes and I found and caught a level 4 staravia. If you don't understand why that is odd, it's odd because starvia only evolves into staravia after level somewhere between level 13-17. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Level 4 Staravia?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-01-06 10:59:32
That has happened to me, but mine was a level 4 Bibarael.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-01-06 14:58:23
I saw a lvl 1 Bibarael.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2008-01-06 15:23:11
It has happened to me before. It happens if you have Firered, Leafgreen, or Emerald in the GBA slot.

I saw a lvl 1 Bibarael.

I REALLY doubt that.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-01-06 18:35:13
Really? How odd. I've heard of GBA-inserted wild Pokemon, but nothing like this. And to have them so underlevel…

Then again, I know you can catch a Lv. 16 Haunter or a Lv. 16 Gengar if you have any GBA game inserted and you're in the room with the red-eyes picture on the wall.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-01-06 21:32:16
Evolved Pokemon in the wild can be at a lower level than the level they actually evolve at. Check out Viridian Forest in Pokemon Yellow to find underlevel Pidgeotto.

Date: 2008-01-06 21:43:27
Come to think of it, I think in the past I did see an under-level pigeotto, I think it was level three or something like that.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2008-01-06 21:49:36

Evolved Pokemon in the wild can be at a lower level than the level they actually evolve at. Check out Viridian Forest in Pokemon Yellow to find underlevel Pidgeotto.

Yea, I remember getting level-9 pidgeotto's in Yellows Virian forest ^.~

And I think I've seen underlevel Furrets and Raticates in GSC somewhere…

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-01-06 21:53:25
I remember those Yellow Pidgeottos too. And, for that matter, Lv. 16 Raticates in G/S/C. Furrets were never wild any game version I know, though.

I've also seen underlevel Pokemon on Trainer teams. There was a Lv. 16 Raticate on one of the Rocket's teams in Mt. Moon, if I remember right. I also remember Gary's Gyarados knowing something that it shouldn't have at its level. (either Dragon Rage or Hydro Pump)

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2008-01-06 21:59:48
Also, in RSE, I've seen underlevel Pellipers on some sea routes, last I checked -.-

Date: 2008-01-06 23:13:13

I remember those Yellow Pidgeottos too. And, for that matter, Lv. 16 Raticates in G/S/C. Furrets were never wild any game version I know, though.

I've also seen underlevel Pokemon on Trainer teams. There was a Lv. 16 Raticate on one of the Rocket's teams in Mt. Moon, if I remember right. I also remember Gary's Gyarados knowing something that it shouldn't have at its level. (either Dragon Rage or Hydro Pump)

could have TM'd the moves into the Gyrados

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-01-07 02:25:52
Could this be how the Cinnabar guy got a level 2 Electrode?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-07 18:06:18

Could this be how the Cinnabar guy got a level 2 Electrode?
Level 3.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-22 23:49:43
G/S/C had a lot of under-level pokemon. Some examples are a level 10 Gyrados, a level 19 Slowbro, and a lot of under-level evolutions in Kanto's early routes (Route 1 to about 4 or 5), with Furrets, Dodrios, and Pidgeottos to name a few.

I'm not sure wether to call this a glitch or just game oddness but I was playing on diamond and was in the I think the first of the three lakes and I found and caught a level 4 staravia. If you don't understand why that is odd, it's odd because starvia only evolves into staravia after level somewhere between level 13-17. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think that's normal after you beat the Elite Four, or beat Team Galactic, or something like that.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-23 05:22:56
I definitely realized it in GSC (also you missed Lv9 Pidgeotto). Also Lv3 Electrode + Sonicboom = A wicked good PkMn for Trainer Tower.