Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Level 4 Staravia? - Page 2

Re: Level 4 Staravia?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-25 18:03:05
Oh yeah, I remember in Yellow you could catch Lv. 15-20 Dragonairs in the Safari Zone. They were a real pain in the neck to catch though. Great for the Lv.15-20 Pokemon Stadium tournament though.

They was also a way to get a under-level-20 Dugtrio in Yellow, but it involved some complex in-game trading as well as being able to trade between Red/Blue.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-09 15:20:38

G/S/C had a lot of under-level pokemon. Some examples are a level 10 Gyrados, a level 19 Slowbro, and a lot of under-level evolutions in Kanto's early routes (Route 1 to about 4 or 5), with Furrets, Dodrios, and Pidgeottos to name a few.

I'm not sure wether to call this a glitch or just game oddness but I was playing on diamond and was in the I think the first of the three lakes and I found and caught a level 4 staravia. If you don't understand why that is odd, it's odd because starvia only evolves into staravia after level somewhere between level 13-17. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think that's normal after you beat the Elite Four, or beat Team Galactic, or something like that.

I remember that Lv.10 Gyarados. The trainer that had it also had a Lv.15 Gyarados xD.

Posted by: ultimateluigi987
Date: 2008-03-22 14:09:40
I got a Lv. 15 Gyarados in LG with a good rod. It only knew Thrash! XD

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2008-03-24 19:48:13
Wow! Sounds like an awesome glitch, but I never did see the glitch in my Pearl game.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-26 00:01:41

I remember those Yellow Pidgeottos too. And, for that matter, Lv. 16 Raticates in G/S/C. Furrets were never wild any game version I know, though.

I've also seen underlevel Pokemon on Trainer teams. There was a Lv. 16 Raticate on one of the Rocket's teams in Mt. Moon, if I remember right. I also remember Gary's Gyarados knowing something that it shouldn't have at its level. (either Dragon Rage or Hydro Pump)

could have TM'd the moves into the Gyrados

Dragon Rage and Hydro Pump are NOT TM moves.

On another note, here are some possible seemingly-underlevel evolutions:

Level 1:
Jolteon
Raichu
Vaporeon
Flareon
Electivire
Honchkrow
Mismagius
Sunflora
Ninetales
Arcanine
Cloyster
Starmie
Exeggutor
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Delcatty
Roserade
Frosslass
Porygon2
PorygonZ
Weavile
Gliscor
Scizor
Steelix
Slowking
Huntail
Gorebyss
Rhyperior

Level 2:
Milotic
Blissey
Probopass
Lucario
Lopunny
Umbreon
Espeon
Togetic
Togekiss
Blissey
Snorlax

Btw, all of Lance's Dragonites in Generation II are underleveled, 2 at Level 47, the other one at Level 50.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-04-15 19:37:04
Oh yeah, I remember that. Well, if anyone can do it without a GS, it's Lance the Dragonmaster XD.

Underlevel Gyarados are EVERYWHERE in FR/LG. Heck, they're more common than Magicarp.

Posted by: Pikachu~
Date: 2008-04-15 19:43:15
Finding Pokemon that are under the level that they normally should evolve has been somewhat common since Red and Blue actually. It is not persay a glitch, but something rather odd, I guess.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-07 11:46:55

Evolved Pokemon in the wild can be at a lower level than the level they actually evolve at. Check out Viridian Forest in Pokemon Yellow to find underlevel Pidgeotto.

Or generation II. On the early routes of Kanto, You'll see under level Pokemon there.

…And as for your comment, Pikachu~, I am in ALMOST full agreement.

Posted by: GlitchTester
Date: 2010-04-09 20:06:30
Actualy the level 1 riachu is possible if u find a level 1 pikachu and evolve it with a thunderstone…

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-04-09 20:12:43
Don't bump topics that are over 120 days (4 months) old.