Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Melchior XIV: Generation IV Hybrids - Page 3

Re: Melchior XIV

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-08-22 16:43:02
:/
Oh well

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-08-22 16:51:22
The thing that apparently crashes the most is the Pokedex, just but in a complete pokedex code, that would fix that. Then you should be able to catch it easier.

Emulators and ROMs have a higher resistance to crashing than actual games.

That only applies if the emulation is good. I have had the startup screen cause the ROM to fail.

Date: 2008-08-22 16:57:34
hmmm
Ok
i'll try that.
EDIT:The preloaded one in the AR still makes the game crash.

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-08-22 17:10:07

The thing that apparently crashes the most is the Pokedex, just but in a complete pokedex code, that would fix that. Then you should be able to catch it easier.

That only applies if the emulation is good. I have had the startup screen cause the ROM to fail.

I used the complete Pok?dex code, talked to Rowan, and got the National, which, due to the code being active, was promptly completed. Not helping at all.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-22 17:55:59

I used the complete Pok?dex code, talked to Rowan, and got the National, which, due to the code being active, was promptly completed. Not helping at all.

That only completes up to 493.

Date: 2008-08-22 18:08:48

That only completes up to 493.

Hmm…I'm gonna take a look at the code, and if I can't find anything, I'll get back to you.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-08-22 18:44:18
One final stupid question before I shut up and get down to research, I know we can't discuss ROMs, but Emulators are fair game right? So does anyone know a good DS Emulator.

Date: 2008-08-22 18:51:14
No$gba.

Date: 2008-08-22 18:54:31
That's the one I have, the cheat list is a bit screwy though, as it seems I can't tell when a cheat is on or off.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-22 19:06:33
Get the new one, no$gba 2.6. If you have ~$5 to spend, get 2.6a.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2008-08-23 07:26:41
Magnemite Hybrid -8051
Magneton Hybrid - 8052

Seems to me 8XXX is a hybrid of whatever pokemon.

So 1ED would be a hybrid of Arceus.
But would 1EE be a hybrid of Egg?
EDIT: 1EE crashed

Date: 2008-08-23 09:17:16

Magnemite Hybrid -8051
Magneton Hybrid - 8052

Seems to me 8XXX is a hybrid of whatever pokemon.

So 1ED would be a hybrid of Arceus.
But would 1EE be a hybrid of Egg?
EDIT: 1EE crashed

So, that means you can't go higher than 1ED right? I'll try 1ED later.

EDIT:
1ED- ?08 (Arceus Hybrid)
Normal/Flying
Moves:
Covet
Present
That Glitch move.

EDIT2: Don't try using these things two times in a row in battle, the game will freeze.

Date: 2008-08-23 13:34:00
It is now obvious that all hybrids know Covet, Present, and "that glitch move that crashes the game after Ditto transforms" as starting moves. However, they could possibly learn more as they level up! We really need a party mod code for Generation IV. I could really use that Trainer Toolkit thing from Datel. You can make Action Replay codes with it.

Date: 2008-08-23 13:38:56

It is now obvious that all hybrids know Covet, Present, and "that glitch move that crashes the game after Ditto transforms" as starting moves. However, they could possibly learn more as they level up! We really need a party mod code for Generation IV. I could really use that Trainer Toolkit thing from Datel. You can make Action Replay codes with it.

Gave the Arceus Hybrid a rare candy, Learned Leer, then tried to learn Pin Missile, Cut, Fire Punch, Rock Tomb, Flame Wheel Twice and Double Edge Twice. Said no to everything but Leer, as view the Stats screen would make the game crash. Dang it why did the the awesome moves have to come AFTER leer?  Oh and it grew to level 1 despite being level 1 already.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-23 14:33:02
That IS strange. Why would it say it changed level, but not actually do so?