Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Shaymin/Darkrai Glitch - Page 1

Shaymin/Darkrai Glitch

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2009-11-25 03:02:54
For those of you who don't know, there is a gltich in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl allowing the player to catch the legendary pokemon usually obtainable through an event. It basically involves using the bike to overload the DS's RAM and cause a black are to open up (known as tweaking), and following a procedure similar to the Surf Glitch in the Japanese versions.

Thanks
~ownagemuch

Re: Shaymin/Darkrai Glitch

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-11-25 06:23:30
This has been known for a while. You can add it to the wiki if you want.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2009-11-25 21:54:59
I know it's not new, I was one of the first people ever to do it.
I posted because I didn't see it anywhere here.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-25 22:40:30

I posted because I didn't see it anywhere here.

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,3999.0.html

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4425.0.html

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4805.0.html

Posted by: Dragonmaster91
Date: 2009-12-04 18:00:56

I can add it, I probably know a few more things about void exploring than he does (things like BSoD testing)… If I'm wrong OwnageMuch, please say so.

Also, tweaking, and running through the void are two different glitches. Tweaking displaces the map, while VEing (Void Exploring) is running (or exploring) through that black space out side of an area.

Tweaking is merely just fooling the game to load the graphics and movement permissions of one area, and putting it somewhere else, as well as a few other things, but that is the main usage.

Edit: Only one way I could be wrong OwnageMuch, and that is if you have not been following HoO (the site).

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-04 18:48:19

I can add it, I probably know a few more things about void exploring than he does (things like BSoD testing)… If I'm wrong OwnageMuch, please say so.

Also, tweaking, and running through the void are two different glitches. Tweaking displaces the map, while VEing (Void Exploring) is running (or exploring) through that black space out side of an area.

Tweaking is merely just fooling the game to load the graphics and movement permissions of one area, and putting it somewhere else, as well as a few other things, but that is the main usage.

Edit: Only one way I could be wrong OwnageMuch, and that is if you have not been following HoO (the site).

Well, you seem to know a lot of stuff about tweaking (and "VEing").  Feel free to add it to the wiki!

Date: 2009-12-05 07:25:55
I'll bite, I don't know how to add stuff to the wiki.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-05 07:55:25

I'll bite, I don't know how to add stuff to the wiki.
Decide what the name of the article will be (probably Tweaking Glitch), put it in the search bar, search, and then there will be an option to create the page.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-05 08:10:36
And if you are having trouble actually finding the link for the wiki, here's a link for ya.

Date: 2009-12-06 00:37:19
Alright, I will finish it tomorrow. It is a long glitch to explain…

Posted by: Arceus Trainer
Date: 2009-12-06 08:45:10
2 questions:

1.Is this glitch on Platinum too?

2.How do I do the bike thing?

Date: 2009-12-06 09:16:47

2 questions:

1.Is this glitch on Platinum too?

2.How do I do the bike thing?
You can tweak in Platinum, and HG/SS, but not Void Explore. So unless you just want to see what you can do tweaking, don't try it.

Also, if you want to find loadlines, and I will include this in the wiki, the game freezes for a VERY split second between loadlines, it is barely long enough to know it is there.

Posted by: Zowayixx
Date: 2009-12-06 23:32:18
You can tweak in Platinum, and HG/SS, but not Void Explore. So unless you just want to see what you can do tweaking, don't try it.

Also, if you want to find loadlines, and I will include this in the wiki, the game freezes for a VERY split second between loadlines, it is barely long enough to know it is there.

Dragon, don't forget to include that you can just walk 32 steps from a loadline intersection to find another loadline intersection. That's how I find my HG/SS tweaks.

Date: 2009-12-07 14:26:28

Dragon, don't forget to include that you can just walk 32 steps from a loadline intersection to find another loadline intersection. That's how I find my HG/SS tweaks.
I will… When I get around to finishing it. Also, most people will want to count because they don't know how to find lag, which actually is kind of difficult.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-12-07 15:26:05

Hello Not Zowayix.