Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

English version Platinum + Pomeg glitch + rare candy + trainer = LEGIT "DPBox" E - Page 1

English version Platinum + Pomeg glitch + rare candy + trainer = LEGIT "DPBox" E

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-02-23 00:03:24
…ncounter?!?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgXbAErIRI

First english version encounter without an external device by me

Re: English version Platinum + Pomeg glitch + rare candy + trainer = LEGIT "DPBox" E

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-02-23 14:15:06
EPIC WIN.
Add this to the wiki; you probably know more of the details. The DPBox GlitchDex page should link to it, and you can make a page for the glitch itself in Platinum (or DP as well?) as well.

Re: English version Platinum + Pomeg glitch + rare candy + trainer = LEGIT "DPBox" E

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-02-23 15:28:23

…ncounter?!?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgXbAErIRI

First english version encounter without an external device by me

Well done  :)! This is genuinely worth researching in Generation IV as I always presumed that these kinds of glitches were fixed after Generation III. I think I might try it now, I presume that you will have to use the Pomeg berry on a Pokémon with at least a few HP EVs when it is on low HP? In that case I'll try giving a Pomeg berry to my HP trained Blissey when she is on 1 HP.

Date: 2010-02-24 23:12:05
Thankyou for all this good feedback!

Torchickens, the Pomeg glitch ONLY will work if you have more than 4 hp on gen IV games. This means that you have to lose at least 5. You also can only make it faint through a rare candy, potion does not work here.

A pomeg berry cuts only 10 ev's normally, but with more than 100 ev's it will reduce it back to 100 ev's exactly, and that's how you get it to cut more than 5 hp.

That's all there is to it. I may create an article when I get my bandwidth back in ~4 days.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-02-24 23:17:42
Amazing. I never thought we could get D/P Box without a cheating device. Congratulations!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-02-25 11:43:42
I have never understood the Pomeg Glitch or how the effort values decrease. Is this supposed to be the Pomeg Berry's effect or what? When I looked up the Pomeg berry on bulbapedia I got a very confusing description. Also, with banner ads bulbapedia sucks.

Date: 2010-02-25 13:11:44

I have never understood the Pomeg Glitch or how the effort values decrease. Is this supposed to be the Pomeg Berry's effect or what? When I looked up the Pomeg berry on bulbapedia I got a very confusing description. Also, with banner ads bulbapedia sucks.
It lowers the EV for HP by 10. Therefore, if it's high enough, that will cause the Pokémon to actually lose HP.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-02-25 17:56:48

It lowers the EV for HP by 10. Therefore, if it's high enough, that will cause the Pokémon to actually lose HP.

More specifically, if the Pokemon has more than 100 EVs in the stat the berry affects (in this case, HP) then the first berry will make it lose 100 EVs, as opposed to the normal 10.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-02-25 23:00:39
What happens if you have an egg in the first slot?

Date: 2010-02-26 00:02:29
You still send out DPbox, but the pokemon can be seen second in your party and revived etc.

If the pokemon is first then the egg you send out dpbox and your party is empty just like the vid.

correction: if you have over 100 ev's, it is RESET TO 100, not decreased by 100

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-03-23 11:53:41
Yeah, great job Ownage, but the potential next step [i.e. keeping DPPtBox] is pretty much a no-no cos it's essentially a normal sending out of DPPtBox, and I'd assume Nintendo covered that up from the first time DPPtBox was programmed.

Date: 2010-03-24 03:07:51
Nah, not possible to keep it. :(

[size=1]without hacks[/size]

Definitely still counts though! I can't belive that it got such little attention on youtube to be honest.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-03-24 13:28:21
Oh, definitely! Indeed, 'twas a fantastic discovery. I guess people just assumed it was another vid of some hacker sending out yet another DPPtBox…

Date: 2010-03-26 10:57:06

Oh, definitely! Indeed, 'twas a fantastic discovery. I guess people just assumed it was another vid of some hacker sending out yet another DPPtBox…
Nah. Glitches as a whole aren't that popular outside here.

Date: 2010-03-26 19:31:16
The only one anyone really knew about was the "old man trick", the rest are pretty specific to here…..

It sucks that glitching died out.