Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon " 's "when using RETIRED in Daycare? +video - Page 1

Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon " 's "when using RETIRED in Daycare? +video

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-06 09:22:46
Alright, I felt like I had to seriously rewrite this whole post in order to get this pokemon.. or pokemons straight.

-The pokemon is found using RETIRE in daycare, engaging into a double battle.
-The pokemon changes the sprites of pokemon around him into box's, which reverts itself once pokemon are thrown into the fight.

-The pokemon changes its number in pokedex, type, stats, health depending on (we're assuming) The pokemon in the daycare.
-level is always 1 in battle, but sometimes it changes to 0 after looking at pokemons stats and such in box's, not sure why this happens
-always male
-changes its color sometimes when you look at pokemon in a box, permanently untill changed to another.
-changes its first part of its type to the previous pokemon looked at, second always remains flying. You can also change its type to 'cool' or 'smart' and so on.

-most 's we've cought are extremely unstable, crashing when trying to look at their summary or switching them with another pokemon.
but, one particular one we refered to as " 's 24' referring to its number given once caught, and it being an 's. Was stable enough to be viewed.
-The moveset exists out of dig, and 2 glitchmoves with 0pp, we weren't able to test them out as any 's seemed to crash the game or softlock if we tried to battle.

-in certain occasions, trying to look at the summary of 's 24 in a box crashes, but sometimes you can, usually after you changed the position of pokemons around.
-the glitchpokemon can corrupt daycare pokemon, if you're trying to receive them after battling 's, the game freezes when you try to receive it, if theres a corrupted pokemon in the daycare and you add a second, this one also seems to be corrupted. this led me to believe that the daycare itself was corrupted, but at further investigation this seems to be not true, as trying to get an 's without pokemon in the daycare makes the daycare act normal after battle.

-'s 24 is not able to be put in a contest, this will simply crash the game. He actually makes you unable to do contests at all, with any pokemon, even if he's no longer in your party. this might be because the partner mode later stated in this post
- DISCLAIMER: just figured out its not the fact that you have an 's – in your team that crashes you, he actually corrupts your abilty to fight when caught.

-Trying to engage the battle with 1 pokemon in party automaticly gives you a DPbox, I also found  a sidebug bcs of this. When DPbox uses strugle on
an onix in dig, he misses and no longer tries to engage into fighting.

-My theorie is that the fight puts you into a 'partner' mode, hence the DPbox, and why we crash trying to engage in any other battle than the doublebattle in daycare. But, you fight with your own pokemon if you don't have just the single pokemon, now that I have the poketch app I'll see or DPbox ends up in my party.

-He seems to be stable when put in the daycare, the daycare poketch app shows him as a questionmark.
-When leveling up in daycare, his level seems inconsistent. Level 9 -by poketch app. level 8- showing up in party. level 10- showing up in box's.

-stats stay level 1 after receiving from daycare, however putting him in a box, closing out, going back in and grabbing him makes his stats change to a higher number.

-When bred with a dito, the egg seems to white out chat, and only shows up in box's and poketch apps, once it hatches it becomes a Dpbox.

-When ditto uses transform, the game does not crash. You change bothe dito and 's – into 'nothing' or something invisible, and change the sprites of the remaining pokemons into box's. dito's moves are extremely graphically bugged! One of the glitchmoves always says 'out of pp' while the other one makes you mash A a ton of times trying to get through a blank message, and doesn't seem to change stats or do dmg.

-The pokemon seems to have have a couple of glitchmoves, and a large variete of moves he can learn.

-When taken from daycare, his health is 10+his level (10 is his base hp at 0), and stats are 4 5 5 5 5, after putting him in a box and retreiving him (you can actually change his level depening on which pokemon you switch him with, or actually their Experience group.) his stats and health will be stabilized, except his speed, this always seems to stay at 5

https://gyazo.com/c1614eb9da126c4ce99018b2d53910f5
https://gyazo.com/5e1968dda3454d4dea02f695b56b859b
https://gyazo.com/9588a373956e36ee839637da0ad8145c
https://gyazo.com/0183233068287c142dfaad8916407ef4
https://gyazo.com/32a3a44113b925984953c610ba1ebd4f

Also, I am unable to get them to work in battles, even the only battle I can enter (aka the daycare RETIRE battle) they seem to crash, but ditto is able to copy their moveset, and that looks a bit like.. this?

https://gyazo.com/4925d26573b3b2d45dcfb4a452e404df
The glitchy sprites change from 's to 's, but they are always located in the same location.

This covers most of what we've found, thanks to @caveat http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=1851
for watching my stream about this pokemon, and helping figure out how this pokemon behaves!

sadly it appears as if my obs didn't save the stream, so I'll have another stream tomorrow at 10:00 CEST
over at https://www.twitch.tv/trggravedigger
Hope you tune in, as I know little to nothing about coding, and I feel like this pokemon is changing its type and such arbitrarily.

Someone who watched this thread watched my second stream on this, he figured out that the level that The glitchpokemon has depends on the experience group of the pokemon, if you swap the 's with a certain pokemon, it will change its level depending on what group it is in, and all the pokemon in that group will make him that level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pSldSIY1YI&feature=youtu.be

Explanations and showing off the glitchpokemon, hopefully this sheds some light on everything!  8)

Re: Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon when using RETIRED in Daycare?

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-05-06 12:28:47
Looks like Shadow Tyrant's Glitch Pokemon…

Date: 2017-05-06 12:38:44

Looks like Shadow Tyrant's Glitch Pokemon…

I couldn't find the post about it, can you link it? :)

Date: 2017-05-06 12:48:51
This one!

Although, he mentions that its sprite disappeared after its entry animation…

Here are its stats.

Date: 2017-05-06 12:53:42

This one!

Although, he mentions that its sprite disappeared after its entry animation…

Here are its stats.

doesn't seem like its that pokemon to me, as the 'onix' only knows dig, and changes type depending on what pokemon is in the daycare.

Date: 2017-05-06 13:38:51
Well, then this is odd…

Try killing the other Pokemon and using an Action Replay code to catch it?

Date: 2017-05-06 13:42:09

Well, then this is odd…

Try killing the other Pokemon and using an Action Replay code to catch it?

I would, if I had any idea how to do any of that, everything I do is all legit atm.

Date: 2017-05-06 13:58:26
This AR code should work, although I did pull it from the first result on Google…

9223b5fa 00002101
1223b5fa 00002100
D2000000 00000000

Date: 2017-05-06 14:19:04

This AR code should work, although I did pull it from the first result on Google…

9223b5fa 00002101
1223b5fa 00002100
D2000000 00000000

Trying to catch m right now, once I threw a pokeball my sprites started messing up, and textboxes take a billion time to load

edit: fk his catchrate seems low, I gave myself 999 masterballs and will try again.

Date: 2017-05-06 14:33:12

9223b5fa 00002101
1223b5fa 00002100
D2000000 00000000

Seems like depending on what pokemon are in the daycare, his number in the pokedex changed! I have one 32 's and one 28 's.

Re: Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon " 's "when using RETIRED in Daycare?

Date: 2017-05-06 14:50:39
I wonder if this thing is like special Missingno variants, but it takes its data from the Daycare…

WE'RE DOING SCIENCEY STUFF HERE

Date: 2017-05-06 15:04:20

I wonder if this thing is like special Missingno variants, but it takes its data from the Daycare…

WE'RE DOING SCIENCEY STUFF HERE

not only takes, it also corrupts it!
If you'd like to follow, heres the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/trggravedigger

Date: 2017-05-06 15:17:43
Currently tuning in right now…

This thing is absolutely bizarre…

By the way, you're not crazy, I saw its type change to Water/Ground…

Finally, here's what we learned about this thing:
-Whilst fighting the thing, knocking it out will cause the other Trainer to send out their Pokemon in its spot.
-Changes typing based on seemingly arbitrary conditions. It seems to depend in part on the last Pokemon viewed. It's usually "Normal"/Flying. (The palette for the primary type is this really ugly yellow color)
-Apparently resists Water in battle? (Maybe it uses the type of Bulbasaur?)
-Changes Pokedex number also based on seemingly arbitrary conditions. From what I gather, it's partially based on what Pokemon are left in the Daycare.
-Its Pokedex number is always ?31 outside of the Pokedex entry.
-It seems to always have Dig, and two volatile glitch moves.
-The types of the glitch moves apparently depend on the moves of the last Pokemon viewed. (It also works with Contest conditions, as I saw it turn to "Cool" type once)
-The max PP of the glitch moves is always 0, but the current PP is volatile.
-Exactly one time it randomly changed its level to 0.
-In battle, it only uses Dig.
-In battle and on the summary screen, it's orange-brown, but in the PC it turns a dull red.
-Its sprite turns black if a Pokeball sprite is on the screen.
-In battle it's a square, in the PC it's a rectangle, and in the summary it changes from a square TO a rectangle.
-All the "subspecies" (based on combinations of Daycare Pokemon) we've observed so far have caused a freeze if you try to enter a Trainer battle with them. Entering it in a Contest doesn't work either.

We've clearly got SOMETHING on our hands, so I think we should give it a name… Any ideas?
(I wonder what would happen if we tried to battle a legendary with this thing…)

Date: 2017-05-06 16:54:29

Currently tuning in right now…

This thing is absolutely bizarre…

By the way, you're not crazy, I saw its type change to Water/Ground…

Finally, here's what we learned about this thing:
-Whilst fighting the thing, knocking it out will cause the other Trainer to send out their Pokemon in its spot.
-Changes typing based on seemingly arbitrary conditions. It seems to depend in part on the last Pokemon viewed. It's usually "Normal"/Flying. (The palette for the primary type is this really ugly yellow color)
-Apparently resists Water in battle? (Maybe it uses the type of Bulbasaur?)
-Changes Pokedex number also based on seemingly arbitrary conditions. From what I gather, it's partially based on what Pokemon are left in the Daycare.
-It seems to always have Dig, and two volatile glitch moves.
-The types of the glitch moves apparently also depend on the moves of the last Pokemon viewed. (It also works with Contest conditions, as I saw it turn to "Cool" type once)
-The max PP of the glitch moves is always 0, but the current PP is volatile.
-Exactly one time it randomly changed its level to 0.
-In battle, it only uses Dig.
-In battle and on the summary screen, it's orange-brown, but in the PC it turns a dull red.
-Its sprite turns black if a Pokeball sprite is on the screen.
-In battle it's a square, in the PC it's a rectangle, and in the summary it changes from a rectangle TO a square.
-All the "subspecies" (based on combinations of Daycare Pokemon) we've observed so far have caused a freeze if you try to enter a Trainer battle with them. Entering it in a Contest doesn't work either.

We've clearly got SOMETHING on our hands, so I think we should give it a name… Any ideas?
(I wonder what would happen if we tried to battle a legendary with this thing…)

first of all, I think calling them    's    followed by their original showed up catchnumber is the best I can think off, I've been refering to our 'stable' glitchpokemon as 's 24, whilst 's 20, s' 28, 's 32 were all too gamebreaking. thing is, do we consider it changing its type or level or stats a change, or it being a completely different pokemon? or do we call it a 'hybrid between geodude and 's 24' for example? also, I'd love to test it out on a legendary :)

-ps the number showing up in a box is always 31, but I'm referring to when you catch them and they get put into the pokedex, then they always get a random number

Date: 2017-05-06 17:07:28
If a special Missingno changes its attributes, it's still the same Pokemon…
So I guess it depends on if the hex number stays the same.

(I was thinking of naming it something based on DPBox, actually…)