Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon " 's "when using RETIRED in Daycare? +video - Page 2

Re: Diamond/Pearl Glitchpokemon " 's "when using RETIRED in Daycare?

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-06 23:12:45

If a special Missingno changes its attributes, it's still the same Pokemon…
So I guess it depends on if the hex number stays the same.

(I was thinking of naming it something based on DPBox, actually…)

yeah I guess its also a box.. but they don't share anything else?
Actually, DPbox is what hatches out of 's their eggs, interestingly enough.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-05-07 07:14:41
Wow, amazing find Gravedigger!

So could the glitch moves from these glitch Pokémon be an access point for arbitrary code execution or any other nice effects? (Like in TheZZAZZGlitch's video) With void glitch already we don't need it for Hall of Fame, Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus but I wonder if there's a small chance we could use it to run special other scripts at our will or say get Generation IV hybrids?

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-05-07 07:43:54
Sorry that I couldn't watch the stream! It was uploaded at 4 AM my time…

I'm interested in how you managed to execute arbitrary code…

I wonder if a local multiplayer battle would "fix" the battle system?

Posted by: Aera
Date: 2017-05-07 07:49:23
Well this is extremely interesting, I've never seen a battle triggered from using RETIRE that isn't Arceus, good job with that, hopefully it's not flag or RAM based.

Date: 2017-05-07 09:14:34

Wow, amazing find Gravedigger!

So could the glitch moves from these glitch Pokémon be an access point for arbitrary code execution or any other nice effects? (Like in TheZZAZZGlitch's video) With void glitch already we don't need it for Hall of Fame, Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus but I wonder if there's a small chance we could use it to run special other scripts at our will or say get Generation IV hybrids?

Well, so far I've only been able to permanently change its stats and moves, but If I find something I'll add a post!

Date: 2017-05-07 09:16:49

Sorry that I couldn't watch the stream! It was uploaded at 4 AM my time…

I'm interested in how you managed to execute arbitrary code…

I wonder if a local multiplayer battle would "fix" the battle system?

I think it has to do with what order pokemon are in your party, and then going to the pokecenter to heal? at least that seemed to change the moves, I tested it multiple times and it seems like the moves aren't always in the same order when recreating, making me believe that it is arbitrarily changing.

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-05-07 09:27:39
It's incredible how all of this came from "hey, let's use the RETIRE option in random buildings and see what happens".

Is there a debugger tool for DS?

Date: 2017-05-07 09:36:19

It's incredible how all of this came from "hey, let's use the RETIRE option in random buildings and see what happens".

Is there a debugger tool for DS?

actually it was: lets use RETIRE in every single building/area I can find untill shit happens :)

Date: 2017-05-07 11:15:33

Well this is extremely interesting, I've never seen a battle triggered from using RETIRE that isn't Arceus, good job with that, hopefully it's not flag or RAM based.

Actually on stream today we entered a couple of battles in the void, 2 against team galactic members, one of which was Saturn, and then the guy at celestic town, and then a battle in the coffee house :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGpPT0d-tg&feature=youtu.be

edit: LOL we just fought Volkner (8th gym leader) with only the first two badges, I'll make a highlight of it later.