Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond. - Page 1

Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond.

Posted by: Struggler54
Date: 2019-04-28 17:50:12
Hello!

So I recently purchased copies of both diamond & pearl in order to try and perform the pal park retire glitch to get at Arceus. Yet no matter how hard I try, I can never seem to get anything to happen when trying to perform the poketch co. tweaking maneuver. If anyone has any advice on how to make this happen, Im all ears.

Re: Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond.

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2019-04-29 01:39:36
besides the obvious 'get good' there's not much to say, the movement has to be smoothly and you cannot stop whilst going over the loadline, the slowbike tweak in jubilife is the most commonly used and the easiest to execute.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2019-04-30 09:15:07
Tbh I can relate, I have been unable to tweak in any way since day 1. My reflexes must be terrible.
So that's why I use PATH :p

Date: 2019-04-30 16:45:25
For me, if it wasn't for the fact that that you have to go around that old man when doing the slowbike tweak, then I suspect I might actually be able to pull it off.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-30 18:58:30
who tweaks anymore lol

just use a WTW code, then save just OOB, reset to the flashcart menu, turn off all codes and reload the save

this works with the DS/DSi AR codes too

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-30 19:46:56
Wow, same for me, Krys! When I finally delve into these I'm planning to do what Parzival said, but with PATH instead of straight WTW.

Maybe if your username continues to prove true, Struggler54, you could try one of those? What do you have available? Is it just cartridges of the games?

Date: 2019-04-30 22:26:59

Maybe if your username continues to prove true, Struggler54, you could try one of those? What do you have available? Is it just cartridges of the games?
if he has a hacked 3DS/2DS he could use one of many DSi mode loaders to load the romtotally legit cart dump from it, with cheat support on some.

(he's clearly got a legit cart, so if he has a hacked 3DS he could dump his own version AND keep his save. He can even reflash the SRAM later from SD!)

Date: 2019-05-01 22:16:44

Wow, same for me, Krys! When I finally delve into these I'm planning to do what Parzival said, but with PATH instead of straight WTW.

Unfortunatley, I don't have an AR Device/R4 card as of this time. What I do have game wise and hardware wise is the following:

Games:

Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, White 2, and Ultra Sun. All of which are unmodified physical game cartridges aside from my Heart Gold cartridge.

My Heart Gold copy does have some AR hacks on it, but that was done by a friend of mine back in high school with his AR device.

Hardware:

Nintendo DS Lite, DSi XL, original 3DS XL, and as of recently, a New 2DS XL.

The main thing that has kept me from ever buying an R4 or an AR was that I was told that an AR had a very good chance of bricking your DS completely. However I would assume that things have changed since the end of the gen 4 era.

Date: 2019-05-01 22:45:48
ARs never had a chance of that except on developer units.

I can recommend a good R4 that works on all your systems. It even has a switch for NTRBoot so you can hack/install a CFW on your 3DS/2DS systems if you so choose. It's like $10 at most. Mine was in customs for like 6 months but that's atypical for sure xD

Date: 2019-05-02 14:20:23
Im all ears.

Date: 2019-05-02 15:38:06
i'm gonna post a link here. dunno if it's allowed but i haven't heard of a rule against it so just take it down if it's not ig @Staff

https://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

oh, it's $20. Close enough lol

Re: Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond

Date: 2019-05-02 17:35:55
Probably will end up buying it. One more thing, with regards to this r4 card, will it work with MacOS? I know its a stupid question, but Im just curious.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-02 18:04:39
I have nothing wrong with linking to it. As far as I'm concerned it's just a 3rd party product that can load files on a particular device. Not that it isn't totally awesome to have one.

@Struggler54, you don't need any particular OS as long as it can detect an SD card slot, which any commercial one would. You just drag files onto a micro SD and then put that in the flash card; you could do it with a phone if you felt like it.

Re: Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond

Date: 2019-05-02 22:53:33

Probably will end up buying it. One more thing, with regards to this r4 card, will it work with MacOS? I know its a stupid question, but Im just curious.
as long as the SD card is always formatted as FAT16 or FAT32, yes. So don't format it on the Mac or it'll be formatted as HFS or w/e it's called.

Date: 2019-05-04 09:44:01
Gonna go ahead and buy one along with one of those save file extractors they offer, unless this r4 can also extract my save as well. Btw, with regards to the micro SD card, what size do you recommend getting. I.E. 2gb,16gb, etc…?