Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond. - Page 2

Re: Unable to tweak into poketch co. building in Pearl/Diamond.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-05-04 09:57:28

Gonna go ahead and buy one along with one of those save file extractors they offer, unless this r4 can also extract my save as well. Btw, with regards to the micro SD card, what size do you recommend getting. I.E. 2gb,16gb, etc…?
I have a 64GB in mine, which is overkill. A 32GB does nicely.

Unless you have a SLOT-2 card (like the EZ 3-in-1), no, you can't extract saves from SLOT-1 cards after booting from a SLOT-1 card like the R4. A hacked 3DS or DSi will let you extract them to SD with homebrew though (and since the card has an NTRBoot mode switch, you can hack your 3DS quickly and easily.)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-04 13:43:14
Unless you have a SLOT-2 card (like the EZ 3-in-1), no, you can't extract saves from SLOT-1 cards after booting from a SLOT-1 card like the R4.
I'm pretty sure you can. It's been a while, but NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi should still work. It's how I got ROMs of the 4th Gen games.

Date: 2019-05-04 16:59:06

Unless you have a SLOT-2 card (like the EZ 3-in-1), no, you can't extract saves from SLOT-1 cards after booting from a SLOT-1 card like the R4.
I'm pretty sure you can. It's been a while, but NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi should still work. It's how I got ROMs of the 4th Gen games.
Carts are anywhere from 8MB to 128MB. The NDS has 4MB of RAM (plus like 8MB of VRAM) and standard flashcarts run in NDS mode on DSi and 3DS, so the cart can't use the extra RAM on those devices. So… 2MB of RAM for the code at most, 1MB for the standard NDS SDK's Wi-Fi implementation, 512KB for a packet buffer, and 512KB for the ROM buffer?

I've never found a way to do it without CFW on a DSi or 3DS, or a GBA flashcart.

(They did make an 8MB RAM cart for the DS that goes in the GBA port, but they're more expensive than most GBA carts, so)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-04 17:46:42
Could I be misremembering…? It definitely worked for the saves, at least.

Date: 2019-05-04 18:43:25

Could I be misremembering…? It definitely worked for the saves, at least.
There is a save dumper, as saves are often 64k or so.

Posted by: Struggler54
Date: 2019-05-04 18:56:07
Literally have the worst luck ever, was about to hit purchase and low and behold, our families router craps up.

Anyway, one other question I forgot to ask was does the r4 gold plus have the infamous timebomb inside of it? Just curious.

Nonetheless, I greatly appreciate all the feedback Ive been getting.  :)

Date: 2019-05-05 12:40:32

Literally have the worst luck ever, was about to hit purchase and low and behold, our families router craps up.

Anyway, one other question I forgot to ask was does the r4 gold plus have the infamous timebomb inside of it? Just curious.

Nonetheless, I greatly appreciate all the feedback Ive been getting.  :)
Nope. It'll work past 2036.