Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS? - Page 1

Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS?

Posted by: argentum
Date: 2015-07-13 14:29:34
i'm crying mentally right now. i really am.
I really needed to get this out of me.
I don't know why, but instead of getting a regular egg from the lady in Lavaridge who gives (I think) a Wynaut egg, I got something that reminds me a little too much of the Mystery egg from X/Y.
I can't upload a screenshot of it, but even after a Lv. 3 Hatching Power, it's stuck at "It looks as though this Egg will take a long time yet to hatch," which I'm 99% sure isn't even legitimately possible in-game without cheating, which is something I've never done in XYORAS.
As if to make it more confusing to me, it even says the correct date and location.
Has this ever happened to anyone else, and is there a way to get rid of it? (Seeing as how I was stupid enough to save with it on my game even though I didn't know this until after.)
I'm really scared it'll corrupt my save file or something.

Edit: I took a screenshot of the egg's summary about ten minutes before it was traded, but I can't get it to my SD card to put it here. xP
Edit the Second: Unrelated, but I just battled the Youngster who loves shorts and I just //trails off//
Though I did find a slight glitch in that if a Pokémon uses a move like Wrap (Gen 1 only) on a Pokémon it doesn't affect (e.g. Wrap on Gengar) it'll continue the attack but it'll never do any damage.
Edit the Third: (Who else thinks I should stop editing now?) Ahahah so it appears that egg was supposed to be a Togepi; by that logic the Wynaut egg is still in my PC and it's got the same message as the first one, though I know I've seen it as a different one. It does nothing in the PC except sit there and I do believe it's just any old egg at this point.
Though I think I'll hold on to this one until I know what the first one will do.
Edit 4#: Strangely enough, both eggs hatched into what they were supposed to. I'm not sure about the other, but the one I kept took a while to hatch: three level 3 Hatching powers, a Pokémon with Flame Body, and numerous laps around the resort place. (when it normally only should have taken around 5355 steps at most without any of those)
I don't understand.

Re: Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS?

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2015-07-13 21:15:13
Y'know, the hatching power doesn't just take away steps. It merely doubles your steps for the purposes of hatching the egg for the next 3 minutes. So I suspect you just didn't walk enough… or maybe at all, during that period. In addition, it still requires 5,120 steps without the power.

Also, bad eggs aren't a thing in every game, and they don't do the same thing in every game. It's highly unlikely that you just managed to get a random glitch, especially in newer generations. In addition, bad eggs are easy to identify in most games. Because they have a name: "BAD EGG". Even an egg hybrid glitch usually can be sent into battle. Furthermore, the games in which bad eggs have corrupting tendencies are the easiest to identify: they do things like 1.) Hatch every step, 2.) Overwrite anything you swap their position with 3.) Glitch if deposited into the PC.

TL;DR: I doubt you have a bad egg, I suspect you just need to put on your running shoes and get to doing laps.

Date: 2015-07-14 12:41:13
I get what you're saying, and you're probably right, but I was using the bike and doing laps all across the town before checking the summary and seeing that.
It would have probably said at least that it would have been close to hatching, but it said what I quoted above which only happens in an amount of remaining egg cycles (41 or more) that would probably only happen in the event that someone cheated in order to get an egg of like a Mew or Entei or something else of the like.

It seems like if anything, it must be a legendary Pokémon or something like that. It didn't do any of those things which probably means it's not, but there's definitely something not right about it.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-07-14 12:49:57
If you like argentum we can trade and I will happily take the Egg off of you on a save file I don't mind about.

Date: 2015-07-14 14:05:43
That'd be great :o
Except, where I am right now I can't ever get my DS to connect to the internet, so that wouldn't be possible for another hour and a half.

Date: 2015-07-14 15:00:08

That'd be great :o
Except, where I am right now I can't ever get my DS to connect to the internet, so that wouldn't be possible for another hour and a half.

OK. Send me a PM when you're ready. :) I just need to find my Pokémon X.

Edit: I found it.

Date: 2015-07-14 15:53:08
I'd do exactly that, but I don't know how to PM on this site as I only joined yesterday.

On an unrelated side note, it appears it's trying to copy the egg cycle values of like Groudon or something (which would make sense as this is OR)
(admittedly, as much as I'd like to get rid of it, I'm really curious as to what it may do/hatch into.)

Date: 2015-07-14 16:03:33
If you roll your mouse over the "My Messages" button below the "Glitch City Laboratories" link near the top of the page there should be a "Send a message" link and you can try sending your friend code to me.

[img]http://i1.minus.com/ii2MDOGws4Fvo.png[/img]
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=pm;sa=send

If not, or it won't let you send a private message for some reason, my friend code is 3566-1530-1631.

I'd do exactly that, but I don't know how to PM on this site as I only joined yesterday.

On an unrelated side note, it appears it's trying to copy the egg cycle values of like Groudon or something (which would make sense as this is OR)
(admittedly, as much as I'd like to get rid of it, I'm really curious as to what it may do/hatch into.)

There may be a way using the 3DS browser exploit (prior to version 9.5.0-23 of the firmware) that you could check the contents of an Egg from your save file (perhaps you could export the Pokémon and view it in PkHex). I think I could look into this because one of my other (non-3DS XL) Nintendo 3DS still hasn't updated beyond this version.

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-07-14 16:09:11
Are you going to try to hatch it? I'd like to see what's in it too.

Date: 2015-07-14 16:20:12

I really want to, but I don't want to risk losing my save file. Not when there's a Mythical Pokémon and a mountain of Shiny Pokémon as well  xP

If you roll your mouse over the "My Messages" button below the "Glitch City Laboratories" link near the top of the page there should be a "Send a message" link and you can try sending your friend code to me.

[img]http://i1.minus.com/ii2MDOGws4Fvo.png[/img]
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=pm;sa=send

If not, or it won't let you send a private message for some reason, my friend code is 3566-1530-1631.

I see it now. Wow, I feel stupid now xD
I doubt I can handle that so mine would be (not entirely sure if it's needed) 0963-0061-0769

There may be a way using the 3DS browser exploit (prior to version 9.5.0-23 of the firmware) that you could check the contents of an Egg from your save file (perhaps you could export the Pokémon and view it in PkHex). I think I could look into this because one of my other (non-3DS XL) Nintendo 3DS still hasn't updated beyond this version.

I'd do that, but my 3DS is somewhere either on or past that version because I update every time it comes up with a message telling me to because of how stupid I am. xP

Unrelated again, took quite a while to post. xPPP
Edit: Wait, no, not actually that long xD

Date: 2015-07-14 16:26:23

I will cycle around with it for about an hour if it lets us trade it (I hope), and record it with my capture card.

I see it now. Wow, I feel stupid now xD

Nah, don't worry. I think it's easy to miss. :)

I doubt I can handle that so mine would be (not entirely sure if it's needed) 0963-0061-0769

Added you.

Date: 2015-07-14 16:33:58

I will cycle around with it for about an hour if it lets us trade it (I hope), and record it with my capture card.

Besides the impossible egg cycle value, it's just a regular egg (at least, I think so xD), so if eggs can be traded in XYORAS (I don't know, I've never tried.), then this one likely will be able to.

Added you.

Did the same.

Edit: I just remembered there was once a Shiny Shaymin on my save file I got from Wonder Trade that was clearly made with an AR. Since Shaymin easily can get that message (hypothetically) it might be one.

Date: 2015-07-14 16:39:27
Cool. Darn it, I haven't updated my Pokémon X version. One moment.

Date: 2015-07-14 16:45:03
I'm ready, aside from the fact that my logic states it's clearly a necessity to check the egg every few seconds. xP

Edit: I wonder if it'll reset one of the values in the egg cycles or something? I don't know what I'm saying anymore ahahah

Date: 2015-07-14 16:55:37
To MidnightNinetales and other readers: We successfully traded the Egg.

Ha ha.

Edit: I wonder if it'll reset one of the values in the egg cycles or something? I don't know what I'm saying anymore ahahah

Not sure. I'm going to see if I can hatch the Egg and if not check what is in the Egg/number of cycles using this, then see if I can hatch it. I'm afraid I've got to go shortly, so I will have to try this tomorrow.