Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS? - Page 2

Re: Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS?

Posted by: argentum
Date: 2015-07-14 17:03:46

To MidnightNinetales and other readers: We successfully traded the Egg.

Ha ha.

Edit: I wonder if it'll reset one of the values in the egg cycles or something? I don't know what I'm saying anymore ahahah

Not sure. I'm going to see if I can hatch the Egg and if not check what is in the Egg/number of cycles using this, then see if I can hatch it. I'm afraid I've got to go shortly, so I will have to try this tomorrow.

All I can say is that I wish you luck, because if my hypothesis is correct, you may be doing that for a while.
Hopefully I knocked off a good amount of cycles (in the hopes that the hatching power lv.3 did its job, which it should have if the egg can be hatched, and since it seems like a normal egg, it should be able.) that should take away enough of the time. xP
The last thing I have to ask is if it still says that it'll take a long time yet to hatch.

Ah, well, my curiosity is satisfied for now. I'm just glad I can get back to training my Ralts and Umbreon. xP

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-07-14 17:08:21
I kinda wish there was a cloning glitch in gen VI, so I could try hatching the egg too. But I wouldn't be able to anyway, since both X and Y need to be updated, and I can't do that without updating my 3DS.

Date: 2015-07-14 17:13:26

I kinda wish there was a cloning glitch in gen VI, so I could try hatching the egg too. But I wouldn't be able to anyway, since both X and Y need to be updated, and I can't do that without updating my 3DS.

I'm pretty sure there is one, the classic shut-off-one-console-in-the-middle-of-the-trade-and-maybe-also-corrupt-someone's-save-file-and-also-risk-losing-the-egg-altogether method. xD
Though even if there was that'd prevent it anyway so it doesn't matter

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2015-07-15 04:25:41

The cloning glitch from Gen I, IV and V still works in Gen VI. However, successive updates of the game seems to minimize the timing in which you have to shut down the game. Last time I tried in a 1.3 X and 1.3 RO/SA, it worked though was slightly harder than in 1.2.
There are some reports saying that 1.4 RO/SA cloning is considerably harder, and a user of PRAMA's board also reported that when you suceed, the Pokémon might disappear at the following trade, though I have not verified such statement so far.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-07-15 11:36:10
Argentum, I hatched the Egg you gave me earlier today and it hatched into a level 1 male Togepi, Jolly nature, with the ability Hustle and the quick tempered characteristic.

It has normal moves (Growl, Charm) so I'm not sure if you gave me the wrong Egg. Do you want this Pokémon back?

Date: 2015-07-15 12:10:37

Argentum, I hatched the Egg you gave me earlier today and it hatched into a level 1 male Togepi, Jolly nature, with the ability Hustle and the quick tempered characteristic.

It has normal moves (Growl, Charm) so I'm not sure if you gave me the wrong Egg. Do you want this Pokémon back?

Huh, that's honestly surprising. I guess the message change thing is just aesthetic, so I'll hatch the other one and see what happens.
I don't really need it back, though. You can keep it.

Edit: After six minutes of laps, Hatching Powers, and Flame Body, I've managed to get it down to "It doesn't seem close to hatching."
Maybe it's got something to do with how hacked Pokémon have been on my save file to make it like this?
Edit 2#: It finally hatched, but it was what it was supposed to be.
Strangely enough, it still took a lot more egg cycles that it should have. I wonder why.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:52:45
Bad eggs do not corrupt save files. They can spread to other pokemon and turn them into bad eggs, but that is pretty much all. In some cases, it could crash the game or create graphical glitches. However, since there are no real ways to get rid of a bad egg without cheating or glitching, you will probably be stuck with it. Just leave it as the first Pokemon in your party and do not put it in your PC and you shouldn't evoke the full wrath of it.