Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Legendary Zapdos Glitch - Super Glitch-like Effects - Page 1

Legendary Zapdos Glitch - Super Glitch-like Effects

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-01-10 06:30:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inglFTyuSE&feature=related
Just thought I'd show you guys this as I'm gonna add it to the wiki. This is for Pokémon TCG. Quite epic.

Re: Legendary Zapdos Glitch - Super Glitch-like Effects

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-01-10 14:08:31
So it's caused by the other pokemon being KO'd with a pokepower?

Date: 2010-01-11 17:07:19

No, it's caused by resetting after Knocking Out your opponent's last Pokémon with Legendary Zapdos's Pokémon Power.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-01-12 09:35:43

No, it's caused by resetting after Knocking Out your opponent's last Pokémon with Legendary Zapdos's Pokémon Power.

Could it be done with another pokemon's pokepower?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-01-12 12:52:20
Oh, my gosh this is awesome! The Zapdos is my favorite card in the game. I made a deck that is nearly unbeatable, focusing on just 1 Zapdos in the deck and making sure my 70 damage attack always randomly hits the opponents pokemon. Its loaded with trainers to keep it alive while killing off the opponents pokemon 1 by 1. I'm gonna try this out  :).

Date: 2010-01-12 14:09:32

Oh, my gosh this is awesome! The Zapdos is my favorite card in the game. I made a deck that is nearly unbeatable, focusing on just 1 Zapdos in the deck and making sure my 70 damage attack always randomly hits the opponents pokemon. Its loaded with trainers to keep it alive while killing off the opponents pokemon 1 by 1. I'm gonna try this out  :).
Mewtwo Lock is a better deck in that game. Still, I really like Legendary Zapdos. And Axaj, not sure. I can't think of other Pokémon Powers in that game that do damage.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-01-13 12:20:36
They need to make another Pokemon TCG handheld game. They failed to release the second game in the US for unknown reasons, its the least Nintendo could do.

As for the glitch, interesting. Is it always a Fire energy or can it be any other card?

Date: 2010-01-13 21:25:22
Well, I believe there is someone at pokecommunity who is translating tcg 2 (Japan only sequel)…anyways, I want to know if the opposite of this glitch is true. I think if I can get Steve (grand master) to use his own Zapdos card to kill my last Pokemon I might be able to reset and have no Pokemon to fight with! That could have interesting effects…

Date: 2010-01-14 13:00:13

Well, I believe there is someone at pokecommunity who is translating tcg 2 (Japan only sequel)…anyways, I want to know if the opposite of this glitch is true. I think if I can get Steve (grand master) to use his own Zapdos card to kill my last Pokemon I might be able to reset and have no Pokemon to fight with! That could have interesting effects…
You could try it on multiplayer. There's no known way to manipulate the AI in that game.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-01-14 17:11:00

You could try it on multiplayer. There's no known way to manipulate the AI in that game.
Luck?

Date: 2010-01-14 20:00:40

Luck?
Gonna be really tough for him to never top deck any Basics.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-01-15 06:43:25

No, you'd probably just have Water Energy, or whaterver energy you get with a card that has hex 00.

Date: 2010-01-15 10:11:35
Oh, I have some ideas on how to get him to play the Zapdos at the right time. I could use the Pokeflute to force it back onto his bench after knocking it out, for one.

edit: Ok I tried getting Steve to do the glitch to me, but after I reset and continued the duel it just went back to my last turn. So it still isn't quite possible to play without a Pokemon as far as I know. Doing this glitch with multiplayer won't work either because as soon as 1 person resets, it will probably just say the connection was lost (which it is), and quit the duel. Trying out Omanyte's pokepower to view the opponents hand or using Slowpoke's disable on a possible glitch attack could be interesting. If I can get some computer time over the weekend, I should get a ROM and use cheats to try various things like that out more easily.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-01-16 11:02:59
Can someone make a video of this with the English ver of TCG ? French game with english annotations is annoying..

Date: 2010-01-16 11:13:44
It shows perfectly wellly how to perform the glitch. You could make the vid if you want, there's a premade save on the site IIRC.