Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Legendary Zapdos Glitch - Super Glitch-like Effects - Page 2

Re: Legendary Zapdos Glitch - Super Glitch-like Effects

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2010-01-20 05:08:06

Well, I believe there is someone at pokecommunity who is translating tcg 2 (Japan only sequel)…anyways, I want to know if the opposite of this glitch is true. I think if I can get Steve (grand master) to use his own Zapdos card to kill my last Pokemon I might be able to reset and have no Pokemon to fight with! That could have interesting effects…

No, you'd probably just have Water Energy, or whaterver energy you get with a card that has hex 00.

What you get is a glitch Grass Energy, the regular Grass Energy is 01

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-01-20 13:02:13
hmm, it's been a while since i did stuff with TCG. Now i remember it is probably Grass Energy. AFAIK, FF is blank.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-01-26 20:25:25
With some investigation, I now present…a quick documentation of TCG glitch attacks! The glitch pokemon you get usually vary by trainer. I put Clefairy's, Clefable's, and Zapdos into a deck focused on performing this glitch. By trying it out on various trainers, I have been able to use metronome on the different "glitch energies". Each energy of the same "type" seems to have the same attacks regardless of the person who used it. I need to double check Lightning energy's attacks (both were nameless freezing moves I think), and I still haven't gotten a colorless energy glitch yet but here it is.

Water Energy

attack 1: "Kaleidoscope": Is super affective and does 190 damage. Text taken from grass club member Heather's "Kaleidoscope deck".

attack 2: "!" (exclamation point): freezes game. sometimes blacks out screen

Grass Energy

attack 1: "(unnamed)": freezes game

attack 2: "( long line of japanese symbols)": Doesn't do anything, but it KOs anyway due to the nature of the glitch battle. Any attack you use, glitch or not, will KO.

Fire Energy

attack 1: "(short line of japanese symbols)": same as last, doesn't do anything.

this particular glitch has only 1 attack to use

Fighting Energy

attack 1: "is it check?"/"is it weakness?": The first time I tried this, it said I used "is it check?" and it did 18b damage  :o. The other times I did it, it was "is it weakness?" and did 21b damage. Very odd indeed.

attack 2: "(japanese symbols)": freezes game. Sometimes, glitchy blocks appear on certain parts of the screen

Psychic Energy

attack 1: "Lightning Energy": Does 184 damage. Its actually a cool name for an attack, even though its really a card name. It has Confuse Ray animation too which looks good 8).

attack 2: "unnamed": I couldn't actually use this because it says "not enough fire energy" even though Metronome doesn't require energy costs O_o! I will need to hack this with a ROM and put the large amount of energy needed (like 5 fire and psychics) on Clefairy/Clefable to try and get it to work.

So there you have it! Hopefully I will bring more info if I find it, and get Lightning Energy's attacks soon. EDIT: Here is Lightning Energy

Lightning Energy

When metronome is used, some glitchy text appears on the screen before the attack is selected.

attack 1: "(unnamed)": freezes game

attack 2: "(unnamed)": resets the game with weird colors and super fast music. If you continue without finishing the duel, you can run around the different areas. Only when the game is turned off does the effect go away. The Lightning club is pretty cool  8).