Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Numbers in a nickname - Page 2

Re: Numbers in a nickname

Posted by: MewFlare
Date: 2017-04-05 12:34:05
It was an Arbok. Level 23, I believe.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-04-05 15:15:23

Ok everything went as planned, but something strange happened while I was doing the old man glitch to duplicate my items. I found a level 160 Aerodactyl fossil Missingno and sent my level 7 normal form Missingno against it. In the process of running away it used Leer on me 3 times. On the fourth attempt to run it used Poison Sting and the game softlocked! What the…?

That's odd. I wonder if Bird-type Pokémon can get poisoned and if the softlock may be related to that.

Your sixth Pokémon being Arbok makes sense as the opposing Fossil/Ghost MissingNo. would have base stats, moves based on the last Pokémon in the party.

Edit: I just got a normal MissingNo. poisoned with Poison Sting so they can get poisoned.

Date: 2017-04-05 15:45:17
Maybe my game was just sick and tired of all the abuse :P

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-04-06 08:39:58
Possible reason : your Missingno's DEF stat was under 4 (excluding 4), and the opponent's ATK stat was too large. When that happens, the game divides stats by four to fit the calculations - usually leading to only a small imprecision.
But in this case the game divides by zero :D

Date: 2017-04-06 16:04:11
I'm sure the 3 Leers didn't help. But it does make sense.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-06-21 13:01:08
I softlocked my game MANY times when encountering level 30 missingnos and failing to flee. Your game can softlock when it attacks but not when it comes into battle

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-06-21 15:17:53
IIRC this comes from it's glitch attacks, which have a slight tendency to softlock the game