Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Best blue team ever or am I completely insane? - Page 1

Best blue team ever or am I completely insane?

Posted by: 007
Date: 2007-11-18 20:38:17
You decide!
The whole team's one guy.  I shit you not.  I trust you all know enough by now to know why this fellow is decidedly a Good Thing.  Stats presented as they presently are, though they have about another 10 each by which to go up.

Electrode
L100
Health: 304
Attack: 172
Defense: 219
Speed: 366
Special: 218

Spore (24)
Double-Edge (24)
Swords Dance (48)
Dream Eater (24)

There's a few reasons I'm rather proud of this team.
1. Perfect speed gene.  His Speed at L100 with zero stat experience was exactly 63 less than the maximum possible.
2. This is on an actual Pokemon Blue cart.
3. I do not own a cheating device, and as such obviously made no use of one.

The acquisition:
First off, as I'm sure we all do, any items I needed were duped, specifically Master Ball, Rare Candy, PP Up, the relevant TMs, and the vitamins that boost stat exp. by a maximum of forty.  It was too much fucking effort to even try in Yellow, so I only made use of two Rare Candies there, bringing my inventory down to one.  I got a Voltorb from the power plant.  IVs didn't matter on him so I wasn't picky.  I then rode around a while in the Cerulean cave's deepest area Parasect hunting.  I caught some fifteen and after analysis concluded that a Parasect at level 64 with a perfect speed gene had a Speed of 62.  Then I made myself a Q.  I caught a with the Train/Fly glitch on 192, Growled the Ditto twice with a Diglett such that the level I caught it on was 5, and traded to Yellow, where I used a Candy.  As expected I got Q as a result.  He went in an empty box straight away.  Right around then I realized I was lacking in blank Mews, so I used Train/Fly on 21 for that.  I shoved all the actors to Yellow, did the Q glitch to get a Mew with Parasect's moves, traded that guy back, shot him up with Dream Eater, Swords Dance and Double-Edge (preserving Spore) as well as the vitamins, shoved him to Yellow again, mapped this Mew on Voltorb, and evolved him with a Candy in Yellow.  I then proceeded to beat Giovanni's ass in with this guy, then sent him back to Blue and Candied him to 100.

Shit that was long.  Anyway, am I out of my head or can this really take down a good team of six?

Re: Best blue team ever or am I completely insane?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-11-18 21:09:15
10/10! This could sweep a team of 6 Pokemon easily.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-11-19 08:56:00
9.5/10! Bet that you couldn't beat mine.

Date: 2007-11-19 14:36:22

Think I'd run out of PP?

Date: 2007-11-19 20:17:16

Think I'd run out of PP?

No, but I wouldn't etheir.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2007-11-25 22:42:33

You decide!
The whole team's one guy.  I shit you not.  I trust you all know enough by now to know why this fellow is decidedly a Good Thing.  Stats presented as they presently are, though they have about another 10 each by which to go up.

Electrode
L100
Health: 304
Attack: 172
Defense: 219
Speed: 366
Special: 218

Spore (24)
Double-Edge (24)
Swords Dance (48)
Dream Eater (24)

There's a few reasons I'm rather proud of this team.
1. Perfect speed gene.  His Speed at L100 with zero stat experience was exactly 63 less than the maximum possible.
2. This is on an actual Pokemon Blue cart.
3. I do not own a cheating device, and as such obviously made no use of one.

The acquisition:
First off, as I'm sure we all do, any items I needed were duped, specifically Master Ball, Rare Candy, PP Up, the relevant TMs, and the vitamins that boost stat exp. by a maximum of forty.  It was too much fucking effort to even try in Yellow, so I only made use of two Rare Candies there, bringing my inventory down to one.  I got a Voltorb from the power plant.  IVs didn't matter on him so I wasn't picky.  I then rode around a while in the Cerulean cave's deepest area Parasect hunting.  I caught some fifteen and after analysis concluded that a Parasect at level 64 with a perfect speed gene had a Speed of 62.  Then I made myself a Q.  I caught a with the Train/Fly glitch on 192, Growled the Ditto twice with a Diglett such that the level I caught it on was 5, and traded to Yellow, where I used a Candy.  As expected I got Q as a result.  He went in an empty box straight away.  Right around then I realized I was lacking in blank Mews, so I used Train/Fly on 21 for that.  I shoved all the actors to Yellow, did the Q glitch to get a Mew with Parasect's moves, traded that guy back, shot him up with Dream Eater, Swords Dance and Double-Edge (preserving Spore) as well as the vitamins, shoved him to Yellow again, mapped this Mew on Voltorb, and evolved him with a Candy in Yellow.  I then proceeded to beat Giovanni's ass in with this guy, then sent him back to Blue and Candied him to 100.

Shit that was long.  Anyway, am I out of my head or can this really take down a good team of six?

One word.  Earthquake.  Seriously, any pokemon that could use eartquake and/or can raise it's evade could easily screw over said electrode.  but still, that electrode is pretty powerful.

Date: 2007-11-26 19:33:38
One word.  Earthquake.  Seriously, any pokemon that could use eartquake and/or can raise it's evade could easily screw over said electrode.  but still, that electrode is pretty powerful.

You're right there.  Only obstacle is actually using Earthquake, which would involve a Pokemon outgunning 366 (or 373 at present) speed, or a 1/256 miss.

Date: 2007-11-27 16:28:41
There's a stat called defense, you know.  And HP, so if this were true, then:
Chansey + High Defense + Earthquake > Your Electrode

Also, the thing gets no STAB, what so ever.

Date: 2007-11-27 21:49:16

There's a stat called defense, you know.  And HP, so if this were true, then:

Also, the thing gets no STAB, what so ever.

First off, I like the way you think, that'd be one sick hybrid.  Second, only speed matters in this equation because Spore is completely accurate.  If Chansey wakes up, I'll knock her out again before her next turn.  Always.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-11-27 22:48:14
And this, my friends, is why we have Sleep Clause.

Date: 2007-11-28 20:01:28

And this, my friends, is why we have Sleep Clause.

*Googles*

Pretty much!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-29 16:16:59

Not really… :-\

Date: 2007-12-13 00:52:25
Bumping with what I have so far, now aware of Sleep Clause.  In each case I'll generally see to it that either the Attack or Special IV is optimized.

The aforementioned Electrode, running last

Snorlax
511/307/216/119/209
Double-Edge
Barrier
Amnesia
Recover
Obviously a defensive front-runner.  Pretty straight-forward I should think.

Gengar
274/203/173/283/313
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Blizzard
Conversion
Conversion has two purposes here:
1. Defense, as every Special attack does 0.5x damage to its own type.
2. Getting STAB with a killer move and a sweet Special.  Except Earthquake.  I deliberated on this move alone, the others were given.  In the end I decided a Ground move to be best despite using Attack because there's only six of the fifteen total types that can't be hit with a super-effective move with this moveset.  The closest runner-up was Hydro Pump with a slightly inferior average power and three less types covered.
Also, I should have payed attention to the f**king awful HP gene on the guy Gengar started out as.

Pinsir
310/321/270/238/167
Twinneedle
Swords Dance
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
To a Psychic, after the Dances, this is like getting hit in the face with three Hyper Beams every turn by a bad Dragonite. :)

Others yet to be determined.  One will surely be Dragonite.

Date: 2007-12-13 08:55:00
So far it looks beatable to me.

Date: 2007-12-13 22:15:31

Bumping with what I have so far, now aware of Sleep Clause.  In each case I'll generally see to it that either the Attack or Special IV is optimized.

The aforementioned Electrode, running last

Snorlax
511/307/216/119/209
Double-Edge
Barrier
Amnesia
Recover
Obviously a defensive front-runner.  Pretty straight-forward I should think.

Gengar
274/203/173/283/313
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Blizzard
Conversion
Conversion has two purposes here:
1. Defense, as every Special attack does 0.5x damage to its own type.
2. Getting STAB with a killer move and a sweet Special.  Except Earthquake.  I deliberated on this move alone, the others were given.  In the end I decided a Ground move to be best despite using Attack because there's only six of the fifteen total types that can't be hit with a super-effective move with this moveset.  The closest runner-up was Hydro Pump with a slightly inferior average power and three less types covered.
Also, I should have payed attention to the f**king awful HP gene on the guy Gengar started out as.

Pinsir
310/321/270/238/167
Twinneedle
Swords Dance
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
To a Psychic, after the Dances, this is like getting hit in the face with three Hyper Beams every turn by a bad Dragonite. :)

Others yet to be determined.  One will surely be Dragonite.

NOW we're talking.  I like the Pinsir (Based yours off mine with a few changes, eh?) Thunder Wave is a good pick.  The Snorlax is good, but you could've put softboiled on it too.  Gengar's defense stat is lacking, even if you have the conversion, pokemon could have moves that are super-effective against their own type, and if they're weak to a physical move, and they have one of the same type, you'd be screwed over.  Nice job on the team though, 007